• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Ban Puncher

If you ever feel bad for spending $99 on the Baby Arm Edition, think of it this way;

In Australia, it is $250 AUD.

That is $180 USD.

tumblr_n20d2cVrGM1qfnp35o1_r3_250.gif

I just got my Collector's Edition [PS4 version, The Netherlands]

- The mini hand is extremely detailed but feels super cheap/lightweight
- The map is double-sided
- The steelbook has room for two discs [comes with one; the making of-documentary]
- The Diamond Dogs logo seal around the box is actially a metal fridge magnet, really cool surprise

But most importantly:

Inside the game box there are two leaflets with DLC codes. The leaflets are almost identical, with one saying "day one additional content" and the other "metal gear online additional content". It doesn't explain anywhere what the codes will unlock.
Is the map any different than the one that comes in the day one edition?

Did anyone who ordered the CE from Target get a real working tracking number? They told me it was a glitch in system when they shipped it but expect it between 9/3 and 9/9.

Damn, for a moment I thought I was going to get MGSV today, ASDA said sure we have loads come get it. I turn up and they have Gears of War!

The codes are inside the game case, printed on 2 papercards.

-edit- so those are not CE codes?

Well I'm not completely sure, someone said that the Xbox version included a card that clearly said Collector's Edition additional content. As far as I can tell the cards aren't redeemable right now either, so it's hard to be sure.

//ARCANUM

Well my July 31st best buy CE order is preparing to ship! And I've been charged!

Meanwhile my Danganronpa pre-order is back ordered.

I'm... I'm okay with this.

Prime shipping? Mine is prime and has yet to ship, though they usually won't until Saturday or Monday to arrive on a Tuesday.

Yes, prime shipping. Usually when I preorder games they don't ship until the day before though. It probably all depends on which warehouse it's coming from.

Just changed my shipping on Amazon from two day to one day. I didn't have the option before. It said it was going to come on Tuedsay, but I still changed it. Hopefully I didn't mess things up.

malfcn

The images of that tactical shield made me think there were skins for Snakes lighter, lol. Micro transaction opportunity missed.

fritzo

Just changed my shipping on Amazon from two day to one day. I didn't have the option before. It said it was going to come on Tuedsay, but I still changed it. Hopefully I didn't mess things up.

I see that option on mine. But I don't think I should touch it, even though it says Tuesday delivery also. Peeps with Amazon shipping exerience, should I change this or no?

I see that option on mine. But I don't think I should touch it, even though it says Tuesday delivery also. Peeps with Amazon shipping exerience, should I change this or no?

I would advise against it. I have never had anything not come on release day (games/music/movies/etc.) using the free 2 day shipping.

Also, it apparently actually changes your place in the "queue" as if you just placed a brand new order.

Don't change it. If you've already qualified for release date shipping, then messing with the shipping could delay it. That happened to me a while back, but it's possible they've fixed that issue since then.

fritzo

I would advise against it. I have never had anything not come on release day (games/music/movies/etc.) using the free 2 day shipping.

Also, it apparently actually changes your place in the "queue" as if you just placed a brand new order.

thanks for the reply. It says delivery by 8pm Tuesday. I'll stick with that.

Don't change it. If you've already qualified for release date shipping, then messing with the shipping could delay it. That happened to me a while back, but it's possible they've fixed that issue since then.

Noooooo, I changed it.

Reule

A couple of questions...

First, those who ordered it from Target, are you able to track your package? I can't track at all with the code tied to the CE.

Secondly, I know the CE codes won't be in the PS4 CE's game box but did they include the Day 1 codes in there? What inserts will be inside?

MattyG

Banned
Best Buy is preparing my CE for shipment...

giphy.gif

Best Buy is preparing my order, that's a good sign.

Any place where I can still order the Shinkawa steelbook for a decent price?
Shiiiiiiiiit, Amazon needs to step their game up.

Don't. I changed it and it still said Tuesday delivery. I switched it back to two day and it said it'd be here Thursday. I guess I lost release day shipping eligibility by changing it, so now I'm paying almost $10 more for shipping.

MattyG

Banned
Edit: Oops, double post. Sorry! I just moved what I had here up to my last one, and I'll leave this gif here as pennance.

tumblr_n23prg2RBP1syqv78o1_250.gif

JayBabay

My card was charged last night but the order doesn't show up on BestBuy.com anymore, anyone else? I didn't use an account to purchase if that changes anything.

Justinh

My card was charged last night but the order doesn't show up on BestBuy.com anymore, anyone else? I didn't use an account to purchase if that changes anything.

Woof...
It's just not showing up anymore? Mine was charged when I checked this morning but it still shows up when I do a lookup. I checked out as guest, too.

Maybe try calling or emailing them (email replies can take up to two days apparently). I mean at the very least if your order got nuked then make them give you your money back.

Squishy3

hmm, well my order at amazon.ca finally updated but the shipping date is set as the 4th? Anybody else getting the same thing?
try updating the shipping method. you don't need to actually change it, just reapply it as 2 days or whatever you selected and see if it changes to september 1st

Noks415

Has anyone who did Gamestop in-store pre-order have their cards charged or the order status change from open to shipped?

SpecX

Orders from Amazon that were placed using the 2 day method will still get it on launch day and shipping will be free. If you change it to 1 day shipping, you now have to pay for shipping g and it changes the order priority. The fine print when preordering on amazon states you will get orders on launch day if you select the free 2 day shipping.

JayBabay

Woof...
It's just not showing up anymore? Mine was charged when I checked this morning but it still shows up when I do a lookup. I checked out as guest, too.

Maybe try calling or emailing them (email replies can take up to two days apparently). I mean at the very least if your order got nuked then make them give you your money back.

I think we're good now. I just checked again and it said:

"Status: Preparing your item for shipping" - Better than being unable to locate the order altogether I'd say

Has anyone who did Gamestop in-store pre-order have their cards charged or the order status change from open to shipped?

I had my card charged on the 26th but my order says open and not shipped. I also paid for their fastest shipping. Does anyone have experience with game pre orders from gamestop, will i get it on release day? If not no biggie I'll just start on the pc version.

LoveCake

I have the CE on order here in the UK with GAME, is there any issues with the UK release?

I have seen some comments about GAME cancelling some peoples orders for the CE but nothing else, but GAME have sent out the CE editions for delivery but it is a timed delivery for Tuesday.

I know it's not GAME's fault, but i'm not going to be happy at all if i have stuff missing or damaged considering the £99.99 price.

Top Bottom