• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Some of my codes work. Anything to do with online doesn't though. Plus i cant upload my GZ data yet as i cant connect to the servers
Interested. What region/country are you from? Getting invalid responses with the day one and MGO content codes. Not sure if it's a code issue or that they maybe haven't gone live here yet (I'm in the Netherlands.) Had the same issues with some other games I got early that had codes, so I thought I'd check to see what the experiences of other people were first.

lifa-cobex

Interested. What region/country are you from? Getting invalid responses with the day one and MGO content codes. Not sure if it's a code issue or that they maybe haven't gone live here yet (I'm in the Netherlands.) Had the same issues with some other games I got early that had codes, so I thought I'd check to see what the experiences of other people were first.

I'm getting the same errors and i'm from the UK.

I guess it's so we don't get a one up on people with FOB maybe?

iuuk

I had the same issue, (also Netherlands), and came to the same conclusion. I'm sure they're just not live yet, since the game hasn't officially been released yet.

SJRB

Gold Member
I just got my Collector's Edition [PS4 version, The Netherlands]

- The mini hand is extremely detailed but feels super cheap/lightweight
- The map is double-sided
- The steelbook has room for two discs [comes with one; the making of-documentary]
- The Diamond Dogs logo seal around the box is actially a metal fridge magnet, really cool surprise

But most importantly:

Inside the game box there are two leaflets with DLC codes. The leaflets are almost identical, with one saying "day one additional content" and the other "metal gear online additional content". It doesn't explain anywhere what the codes will unlock.

October 6th to be precise.

Thanks. I could have looked that up of course, but I'm wondering if that's why people are having trouble getting MGO codes to work-- haven't been following the thread closely, so feel free to yell at me if this has (likely) been pointed out.

Hasney

- The steelbook has room for two discs [comes with one; the making of-documentary]
- The Diamond Dogs logo seal around the box is actially a metal fridge magnet, really cool surprise

But most importantly:

Inside the game box there are two leaflets with DLC codes. The leaflets are almost identical, with one saying "day one additional content" and the other "metal gear online additional content". It doesn't explain anywhere what the codes will unlock.

Day 1 stuff:

9304720408606_773044_1.jpg

From what I see on the XBO one though, there's a leaflet that specifically says Collectors Edition Content.

Thanks. I could have looked that up of course, but I'm wondering if that's why people are having trouble getting MGO codes to work-- haven't been following the thread closely, so feel free to yell at me if this has (likely) been pointed out.

Well yeah, that's exactly why.

Caja 117

Someone posted that from Amazon uS the item was shiped, anyone else with Anazon US have it shiped? Myne still the same as two days ago :-/

R-User!

But most importantly:

Thanks for the details. Like the fridge magnet info!

Recharg3

If anyone is after the steelbook for this its going for £11.49 posted on ebay currently...

EMPTY Steelbook Only Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain DVD Style New Sealed EMPTY

I have bit the bullet and picked it up for a bit of collectors sake

Someone posted that from Amazon uS the item was shiped, anyone else with Anazon US have it shiped? Myne still the same as two days ago :-/

What difference does it make? I have never not received a preorder on release day from Amazon. The shipping notice usually goes out on Monday.

Exactly, this stuff:

MGSDLC.jpg

But he was talking about the Day 1 card. Someone mentioned a card from an XBox One unboxing that specifically said Collectors Edition.

uhm WTF is a Maschinen Taktische Pistole? I know it's german but

Machine Tactical Gun/Pistol makes no sense either and that's a direct translation.

On the other hand it's not unusual for japanese media,
most cultures do,
to butcher other languages for their amusement.

iuuk

So can the 1/2 scale arm hold anything? Controller (PS3/4)? Gold Headset? Vita?
It most definitely can't hold anything heavy like the vita, but headphones are fine, since most of the weight will be at the bottom. I don't know how big the Gold Headset is, but it worked perfectly with my AIAIAI TMA-1.

Exactly, this stuff:

MGSDLC.jpg

But he was talking about the Day 1 card. Someone mentioned a card from an XBox One unboxing that specifically said Collectors Edition.
I hope we get the exclusive codes for the PS4 version since they will now be emailed to everyone or put on the receipt. No reason why we wouldn't receive all the codes but it already got messed up once when the codes weren't put in the box.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
The reason the MGO DLC code doesn't work is because it isn't actually DLC. The Day One code just unlocks the content on the disc, nothing downloads to your console.

Sorry if that was common knowledge, just saw that some people are confused.

Storm360

The reason the MGO DLC code doesn't work is because it isn't actually DLC. The Day One code just unlocks the content on the disc, nothing downloads to your console.

Sorry if that was common knowledge, just saw that some people are confused.

That's not true, at least for the X1 version, it downloaded a bunch of 10mb items when I used it

Storm360

Really? Nothing downloaded onto my PS4, but when I loaded up the game for the first time it said that all of the DLC was available, I go onto my download list now and it still can't be downloaded.

Here is my "manage game section" each of those icons are a different piece of day one DLC, I'm getting the CE on PS4 so not sure if it's different, this is just the standard day one edition

If anyone is after the steelbook for this its going for £11.49 posted on ebay currently...

EMPTY Steelbook Only Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain DVD Style New Sealed EMPTY

I have bit the bullet and picked it up for a bit of collectors sake

Link?

Really want to get my hands on one.

Really? Nothing downloaded onto my PS4, but when I loaded up the game for the first time it said that all of the DLC was available, I go onto my download list now and it still can't be downloaded.
You don't need to download anything. Mine activated last night when I tried to Connect Online. Still said connection failed but it awarded me all the Day 1 DLC immediately after.

Gaffi

Has anyone gotten their Ground Zeroes DLC code from the Konami Core website yet? Mine still says waiting to come back after the release of TPP for the code but I thought I heard some people acting like they had already gotten the PSN code but it wouldn't activate yet on the PS4 servers.

On Demand

Banned
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but I decided to look on-line for some unboxing videos of this collectors edition and I could not help but to LOL at the size of the included arm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep8lMiu0k2o

http://whysoblu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Scary-Movie-2-Chris-Elliott-www.whysoblu.com_.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't care. It's big enough and looks cool AF to me. Some people just like collecting things.

My BB order is preparing for shipment! I can cancel my Amazon order now. It says this on the main page now by the way-

Notice from the Manufacturer:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition has been shipped without the codes for the bonus DLC content. Amazon.com will email the codes to all customers who ordered this product with 48 hours of when your product ships.-

BB has nothing updated about this.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Wat Amazon.de is preparing my steelbook edition for shipment. Didn't expect it before thursday tbh.

Top Bottom