• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

ViolentP

Glad to see that dishing out insults is a huge part of being a full Member. Are you all saying that I need to step up my trash-talk game?

I wouldn't worry about it. Being a full member is irrelevant, remember? Try and relax and enjoy yourself. You may realize that the reason you have so much bad to say about these different communities may potentially have one thing in common.

malfcn

Got mine today. Anyone else have a crooked DD badge and a loose index finger? Anyway of tightening up a finger or two?

LoveCake

My CE copy from GAME UK arrived, i think i have some stuff missing, can fellow GAFers advise please?

I don't seem to have the collectors disc.
CFRKJobm.jpg

Dzg20YXl.jpg

These are the two codes i got, Metal Gear Online Additional Content & Day One Additional Content.
cjFn3lIm.jpg

Is the Collectors Edition content either of these codes?

My CE copy from GAME UK arrived, i think i have some stuff missing, can fellow GAFers advise please?

I don't seem to have the collectors disc.

These are the two codes i got, Metal Gear Online Additional Content & Day One Additional Content.

Did you open the steelbook case? I believe the collector's disc is inside there.

Vanguard

I don't seem to have the collectors disc.]

The CE content is on the day one card, it's not very well named. You're right about the disc artwork though, doesn't match any of the ones given.

Edit: Think I got confused, yeah as the above mentioned (Marty Chinn and tearsintherain) the collectors disc is in the steelbook, although the artwork isn't the same as the one on the back packaging.

malfcn

Xbox use a code!

The CE code queued 20 items.

Adam-ska
AM MRS (Gold)
Cardboard Box (AP Dryland)
Cardboard Box (Rocky)
Cardboard Box( Wetland)
Emblem (Venom)
Fatigues (AP Dryland)
Fatigues ( Black Ocelot)
Fatigues (Gray Urban)
Fatigues (Blue Urban)
Maschinen Taktishe Oistole
XP Boost
Ballistic Shield (Gold)
Rex Helmet
Ballistic Shield (Olive)
Ballistic Shield (Silver)
Rasp Shotgun (Gold)
Ballistic Shield (White)
Windurger
WU Pistol (Gold)

LoveCake

The collectors blu ray (at least in my USA copy) is inside the steelbook.

Did you open the steelbook case? I believe the collector's disc is inside there.

Yes, this is the other disc,

Udaea0fm.jpg

The CE content is on the day one card, it's not very well named. You're right about the disc artwork though, doesn't match any of the ones given.

Edit: Think I got confused, yeah as the above mentioned (Marty Chinn and tearsintherain) the collectors disc is in the steelbook, although the artwork isn't the same as the one on the back packaging.

Oh the CE content is on the Day One card! shouldn't there be a CE card & Day one card?

Thanks everyone, I have sent Game an email & see what they come back with just to make sure, i will let others know what they say when i have a reply.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I just noticed the copy of the game with my CE isn't the Day One. Does the code Amazon is going to send me include the day one stuff as well as the CE stuff?

fritzo

Is anyone else's steelbook only 1 Disc holder? I thought there would be 2, 1 for the game, 1 for the dvd. I'm also not seeing an DLC cards with codes. nothing. So I guess I'm waiting for Amazon's email.

Subxero

Nope. Nothing from Amazon about the CE codes yet. Going to give them a couple hours before I email CS.

I'm hoping things get sorted quickly.

I just noticed the copy of the game with my CE isn't the Day One. Does the code Amazon is going to send me include the day one stuff as well as the CE stuff?

One would assume(hope) so.

Is anyone else's steelbook only 1 Disc holder? I thought there would be 2, 1 for the game, 1 for the dvd. I'm also not seeing an DLC cards with codes. nothing. So I guess I'm waiting for Amazon's email.

Maybe the two disc is for other regions? My US one is also one disc. NA/SA has to wait for Amazon to email the code due to manufacture fuck up.

daveo42

Banned
So it seems the link in the OP sends me to a 404. Any other link for DLC codes from Amazon? I'm chatting with a rep now btw.

LiK

game arrived and still no email from Amazon. gonna just wait until tomorrow to see what's up.

i checked and my game is in the box, thankfully.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wait, people's CEs have shipped without the game? Im not informed on whats happening here. I canceled my CE and picked it up for PC

Just got my CE from UPS. My copy is not Day One edition either. I guess the manufacturing error was that they put non-day 1 edition in CE's, so they have no DLC codes in them at all.

I'm US, by the way.

I'll wait a couple days for Amazon to figure this out.

Wait, people's CEs have shipped without the game? Im not informed on whats happening here. I canceled my CE and picked it up for PC

Yup. Opened up my sealed CE box, the arm and steelbook with the bonus disc are in it. The pocket where the game box is supposed to be, is empty.

This is fucked up.

daveo42

Banned
So it seems like talking to their chat team got me in the right direction on Amazon, though I was told 1-2 days on the DLC email. Not sure if I'll get lucky to get it sooner or not. Here's to hoping.

Crumbtiny

Just opened my CE edition up and the steelbook only has space for one disc. Thought it was supposed to have room for two discs as well.

Shadders

I got my Xbox One CE from GAME UK.

The box has been dinged on one of the corners. The inside part of the box has been put in back to front (I've compared it to unboxing videos) meaning I had to tear the box to get anything out.

AND I don't have any codes. Not even the Day One codes.

This is most disappointing.

Justinh

I got my Xbox One CE from GAME UK.

The box has been dinged on one of the corners. The inside part of the box has been put in back to front (I've compared it to unboxing videos) meaning I had to tear the box to get anything out.

AND I don't have any codes. Not even the Day One codes.

This is most disappointing.

geez, do you think someone went rummaging through it?

Also, yeah...I'm a little upset that the steelbook only holds one disc. It just makes so much sense to be able to put the other disc in there.

or...is it like...one of those "stacker" disc cases? where the thingy is a little longer than usual so it'll hold two discs? I should try it.
I'd still rather have Shinkawa steelbook that holds 2 discs, God. You are listening, right?

oh...it'll click like it's locking in the second disc, but everytime I close it the top disc comes loose. I didn't like that idea anyways, what idiot brought that up? (oh, I should probably make sure no one else suggested that first...oh well)

Phantom edit: I say "thingy" way too much. I should try and remove it from my vocabulary...

And what do we do if a finger has very little resistance?

This threw me off for a sec. There are little screws on each joint, some look like you need to bust out the allen set, but it looks like you can tighten them. Oh nevermind, the "screws" are plastic

malfcn

The box "leather" effect is impressive.

The magnetic closure on the US version is weak, a fridge magnet would have been cooler.

And what do we do if a finger has very little resistance?

KC Denton

Damn UPS missed me by a minute. Thankfully I've scheduled it to be picked up at their facility later today but next time I'm preordering something like this I'm going to a store.

Top Bottom