• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

when you log in to konami core click on profile, then look for "redeem metal gear solid v code" click on that and follow the instructions to get the code for your platform

...holy fuck you were right.
Guys. Its up.

Go to core.konami.com
Click the first option that says redeem MGSV code
Sign in
Agree
Get Code

Oh shit, right on. Thanks.

Still waiting on delivery of the game, and Amazon to e-mail the DLC code. Hopefully not much longer.

edit: Just got an e-mail from Amazon and was all excited, but all it was was them letting me know Uncharted 4 is coming out a couple weeks earlier than expected.

Mine arrived an hour ago! I was able to get someone to cover for me so I could get the update started and redeem the email code. Can't wait til I get back tonight.

Canucked

Well Amazon charged my credit card for it but no update on the order itself. They have the ship date listed as the 4th so their "two day" shipping is for next week...jerks

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Amazon has fucked this up severely. I have no idea if my CE is going to show up today, and the guide was marked shipped this morning when it was supposed to be delivered today.

You had one job, Amazon. If I walked into a Gamestop or Best Buy I could have had both last night at 9pm.

Einhandr

For anyone having trouble getting their code from Core...

vgQKJyj.png

Hit the button I highlighted in blue after logging in. It doesn't show up in your vault like you'd think it would. You have to hit that button first and follow the next few pages to get your PSN code.

When did you order? Did Best Buy say what happened? Did they compensate you? The least they should be doing is throwing a gift card your way for screwing up.

They won't compensate me cause its technically my fault. The order started to process on thursday, and when I looked at the order it said it wouldn't arrive until the 3rd. So I choose Express as the shipping speed.

And by doing that I guess the system took me from being "first" to the very end. So essentially the unit that was under expedited shipping no longer exisits and I have to wait for their system to get a new unit in to ship it out to me.

I ordered a PS4 CE and regular day one edition from Bestbuy. I get a general code in my email and I don't know which game it is meant for. Is it for the vanilla or CE edition? They could of been a little more specific when composing the email... Really a lazy mistake by Konami.

I ordered a PS4 CE and regular day one edition from Bestbuy. I get a general code in my email and I don't know which game it is meant for. Is it for the vanilla or CE edition? They could of been a little more specific when composing the email... Really a lazy mistake by Konami.

Day One Edition should have a code inside, I think. Emailed code should be for CE.

They won't compensate me cause its technically my fault. The order started to process on thursday, and when I looked at the order it said it wouldn't arrive until the 3rd. So I choose Express as the shipping speed.

And by doing that I guess the system took me from being "first" to the very end. So essentially the unit that was under expedited shipping no longer exisits and I have to wait for their system to get a new unit in to ship it out to me.

Yikes, sorry but you probably won't get it because I doubt they'll be getting restocks. I've been telling people in this thread to not screw with their order because of being impatient. You just end up screwing yourself. Looks like you learned that the hard way. This isn't exclusive to Best Buy either. It happens at Amazon too and wouldn't surprise me if it happens elsewhere.

Yikes, sorry but you probably won't get it because I doubt they'll be getting restocks. I've been telling people in this thread to not screw with their order because of being impatient. You just end up screwing yourself. Looks like you learned that the hard way. This isn't exclusive to Best Buy either. It happens at Amazon too and wouldn't surprise me if it happens elsewhere.

Oh fuck that. There will be hell to pay. Sorry but if that's how it works these companies need to get some new understanding on how this shit won't fly.

Whew, just got my DLC code from Gamestop, it's all good....well still waiting for my CE to arrive tomorrow though. :(

My one day off is today!

I'm seriously thinking of just going to Best Buy buying a Day One edition today at this point and leave me CE alone in my MGS collection.

For anyone having trouble getting their code from Core...

Hit the button I highlighted in blue after logging in. It doesn't show up in your vault like you'd think it would. You have to hit that button first and follow the next few pages to get your PSN code.

When you put in the 12 digit code did you include the dashes or not? Mine didn't work.

Cade

Anyone got their CE codes from Amazon.com yet? I'm waitin'.

and i'm waitin' on ups for the love of god i need this game in me now

I'm confused with this Konami Core thing

I was sure I registered my copy of GZ back when it launched but apparently I don't have am account. OK so I created a new Core account but now it's asking for a ground zeroes code.

I preordered on PSN, where do I get my code?

Day One Edition should have a code inside, I think. Emailed code should be for CE.

Now I just need to figure out why I ordered both versions of the game... Seemed like a good idea at the time. Maybe I was going to keep the CE sealed, but it doesn't look all that rare and I'm not even sure if it's worth the extra $40.

Does the CE come with a regular version on the game with the case and barcode? If so I might just buy a vanilla copy then take it back because my ce won't be here until sometime next week...

//ARCANUM

Does the CE come with a regular version on the game with the case and barcode? If so I might just buy a vanilla copy then take it back because my ce won't be here until sometime next week...

Don't do this! I confirmed a while back (from an unboxing video) that the copy inside the CE has a NOT FOR RESALE box in place of a UPC.

Oh fuck that. There will be hell to pay. Sorry but if that's how it works these companies need to get some new understanding on how this shit won't fly.

Well I hope you can get something out of it but I also hope you learned a valuable lesson about being patient. Too many people in this thread were freaking out of nothing and way too early too. I hope everyone knows, if you're at all concerned about getting something that has limited availability, don't touch your order. Leave it alone. Everyone who just let it be, got it just fine so far. You have to understand that these computer systems are automated and they're unlikely to change the system for an edge case. Again, I hope they'll do something for you, but I also hope you learned a lesson here for the future. Remember, this applies to everywhere, not just Best Buy.

Keep up the good fight. Let us know how it turns out.

Alright, so after about 15 minutes of waiting, the rep told me this.

Amazon Rep said:
Upon checking the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition has been shipped without the codes for the bonus DLC content. Amazon.com will email the codes to all customers who ordered this product with 48 hours of when your product ships. Please wait until September 2.

//ARCANUM

Well I hope you can get something out of it but I also hope you learned a valuable lesson about being patient. Too many people in this thread were freaking out of nothing and way too early too. I hope everyone knows, if you're at all concerned about getting something that has limited availability, don't touch your order. Leave it alone. Everyone who just let it be, got it just fine so far. You have to understand that these computer systems are automated and they're unlikely to change the system for an edge case. Again, I hope they'll do something for you, but I also hope you learned a lesson here for the future. Remember, this applies to everywhere, not just Best Buy.

This man speaks the truth. I still have my credit card's billing address as my old address that I haven't lived in for months because of overlapping pre-orders of things lol. I don't dare change the payment info or suffer the wrath of losing my place in line.

Karamsoul

Can confirm about US PS4 collector's edition - they don't come with any codes. Your retailer should be sending 1 code that includes everything, to you soon. US Xbox One CE's do come with all codes.

JayBabay

My CE just got delivered, had it delivered to work since someone is always here to accept it. The codes were e-mailed to me from Best Buy a couple hours ago.

Top Bottom