• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

OK so apparently if you bought ground zeroes digitally, TPP just checks your purchase history for it.

So what exactly is the dlc and how do I get it? Or is it not up yet?

//ARCANUM

I got ONE code emailed to me from Best Buy. But I'm not sure if this is the replacement Konami codes or some sort of Best Buy Exclusive pre-order code? Can anyone who has gotten BB code/codes comment?

JayBabay

I got ONE code emailed to me from Best Buy. But I'm not sure if this is the replacement Konami codes or some sort of Best Buy Exclusive pre-order code? Can anyone who has gotten BB code/codes comment?

I received one code as well, didn't consider that it might have been their own pre-order bonus..

I believe someone redeemed their Best Buy code and it was for everything. I don't think there was a preorder bonus from Best Buy.

Is it really that hard for people to go back 3 pages and read all the posts from today?

BBY had no exclusive dlc and the emailed code includes all of the CE dl, which also includes the Day 1 dlc.

//ARCANUM

Is it really that hard for people to go back 3 pages and read all the posts from today?

BBY had no exclusive dlc and the emailed code includes all of the CE dl, which also includes the Day 1 dlc.

Wow, keep up that attitude and I'm sure you'll make it from a Junior Member with 26 posts up to a member, buddy.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Got my CE from Best Buy today. Problem is, it's damaged! The seal on the front is torn, and there's a pretty big gash on the box. You guys think I should take it back (presumably into a local Best Buy), and just get the regular edition? So annoying. Who the hell wants a damaged collectors edition? And how did this make it past quality control?

Wow, keep up that attitude and I'm sure you'll make it from a Junior Member with 26 posts up to a member, buddy.

I don't put any value on the tag that denotes how long someone's been a member on this forum. If anything, I was expecting this forum to be a little better than others I've been on because of heavier moderation. But apparently, checking a few pages of posts in a slow moving thread IS too hard for some people.

BTW, that person that confirmed that the BBY email code contained all the dlc from 3 pages ago was me. You're welcome.

Anyways...I wonder if anyone would read the info if it was added to the OP. bananafactory is probably too busy playing the game to do it. lulz

Got my CE from Best Buy today. Problem is, it's damaged! The seal on the front is torn, and there's a pretty big gash on the box. You guys think I should take it back (presumably into a local Best Buy), and just get the regular edition? So annoying. Who the hell wants a damaged collectors edition? And how did this make it past quality control?

I'd return it. $80 is $80 and you paid for a brand new undamaged product. It wouldn't surprise me if you could procure the extras you want on ebay, but I wouldn't bet on getting a sealed copy at a fire sale price.

I don't put any value on the tag that denotes how long someone's been a member on this forum. If anything, I was expecting this forum to be a little better than others I've been on because of heavier moderation. But apparently, checking a few pages of posts in a slow moving thread IS too hard for some people.

BTW, that person that confirmed that the BBY email code contained all the dlc from 3 pages ago was me. You're welcome.

Anyways...I wonder if anyone would read the info if it was added to the OP. bananafactory is probably too busy playing the game to do it. lulz

Junior has quite the attitude. That'll go well around here.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

Your attitude sucks buddy. If NEOGAF isn't good enough for you, you're welcome to leave at any time.

Sorry there's a lot of pages in this thread, I've been skimming it but may have missed some.

If you can link me to your post with info I will add it to the OP

Justified

Just got my CE from Amazon. Only had the Game, Arm, and Steel Case in the box.

Went to check the order, because I remember reading about some codes, and this was on the product page:

Notice from the Manufacturer:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition has been shipped without the codes for the bonus DLC content. Amazon.com will email the codes to all customers who ordered this product with 48 hours of when your product ships.

ViolentP

Someones age in a community means nothing to you but their researching habits are enough to define them? You're a strange, angry person.

For some reason I imagine it would be bigger...

Kojima-Station-34-Bionic-Arms.jpg

lionpants

What a joke. I'm about done with CE's; too much extra stress.

Still waiting for EB to ship my CE. They say it "should" ship tonight. Then I'll probably have to go back and forth with them to get the codes.

And now I'm reading about the microtransaction nonsense... sigh

Fuck this.

Will the DLC items appear in the invetory of a in-progress game? or only a New game?

Wish I could give you a definitive answer, but I haven't touched the game yet; I've only redeemed the dlc.

edit: I don't know how applicable this is, but if I had to guess, it should be accessible as soon as it's dl-ed/unlocked. I highly doubt that it'll be staggered like some of the Ground Zeroes transfer bonuses.

Ephemeris

I went digital after cancelling CE #2 (from amazon) and thinking Best Buy's wouldn't arrive until the end of the week. The email got here an hour or so before the package did. Too bad I'm stuck at work. haha

:(

Slime

Banned
Picked mine up today.

Bought it at EB Games in Canada, but there was nothing on my receipt. Pretty sure they don't know my email either. Am I screwed?

Junior has quite the attitude. That'll go well around here.

Your attitude sucks buddy. If NEOGAF isn't good enough for you, you're welcome to leave at any time.

Someones age in a community means nothing to you but their researching habits are enough to define them? You're a strange, angry person.

Glad to see that dishing out insults is a huge part of being a full Member. Are you all saying that I need to step up my trash-talk game?

Grady

Omg, ups near me sucks. This late night delivery shit and getting up at 4am for work doesn't work well with release day games. Fedex that shit so i get it early.

Glad to see that dishing out insults is a huge part of being a full Member. Are you all saying that I need to step up my trash-talk game?

No, I think what we're all saying is to chill out and stop it with the attitude. A lot of people are pointing out how aggressive you're being. Ever stop to think that maybe it's not all of us, but there's something about you that's putting that vibe out there?

//ARCANUM

Look man, here's the deal. NeoGaf is a community of good people and we don't really take kindly to new members who say things like:

"Is it really that hard for people to go back 3 pages and read all the posts from today?"

Which is what you posted. NeoGaf is a community where instead of saying something like that, you just hit the delete key and then instead provide the info, or heck even a link to your post a few pages back. That's the kind of place this is. Just be cool and everyone will be cool to you. Keep up with the way you're headed and you'll probably be looking at a ban in your future.

Let's all just have a good time and play some video games, yeah? :)

hollerphonix

Neo Member
So finally Amazon decided to send mine out today.
For those that have more experience with the missing dlc. At what point does Amazon email the code or how long after shipping or confirmation thereof?

For those that have more experience with the missing dlc. At what point does Amazon email the code or how long after shipping or confirmation thereof?

Within 48 hours (September 2 at the latest). Received my package 4 hours ago still no codes.

They usually do it within 24 hours, but someone said a rep told them within 48 hours. I can't tell if they're saying that just to give a bit of extra time or the fact that this is a unique case where codes weren't planned and they needed extra time to get them in place. Either way, they're coming. Just wait a bit and I'm sure when someone gets theirs, it'll be announced in this thread.

Picked mine up today.

Bought it at EB Games in Canada, but there was nothing on my receipt. Pretty sure they don't know my email either. Am I screwed?

No, you are not. Someone else that picked up from EB said that they had to tell the cashier that there was a code that should've printed out because of Konami's screw up. Bad news is you'll probably have to bring yourself back to the store to get it unless you're lucky enough to have them try and give it to you over the phone. Worse they can say is no.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
They usually do it within 24 hours, but someone said a rep told them within 48 hours. I can't tell if they're saying that just to give a bit of extra time or the fact that this is a unique case where codes weren't planned and they needed extra time to get them in place. Either way, they're coming. Just wait a bit and I'm sure when someone gets theirs, it'll be announced in this thread.

Honestly by the time I actually receive mine (according to Amazon at least) it'll be Friday evening so I'm sure some people will already be done with the game itself haha

I'd return it. $80 is $80 and you paid for a brand new undamaged product. It wouldn't surprise me if you could procure the extras you want on ebay, but I wouldn't bet on getting a sealed copy at a fire sale price.

What an awful attitude

Top Bottom