• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Business Update Podcast | OT | SEGABOX |

Futaleufu

The retro Killer Instinct 1 and 2 for PS5 please, thanks.

b2CrxGb.jpg

They didnt even bother releasing Rare Replay on Steam

DeaDPo0L84

I delayed leaving for our vacation by a day just to be here for this, luckily my wife is cool with it

Didn't help our first night was going to be spent in a place she didn't care about but still :)
That's still a lot but not really what I was referring to. There are people who are emotionally invested into this to the point of it impacting their lives, it's really odd, also not healthy whatsoever.

Could go either way, the death of Xbox or the release of the most powerful console on the market by GTA6

Lets Play Poker GIF by Slotomania Official

Rockstar doesn't do "nextgen" until they think it makes business sense for them. This isn't 2008 Rockstar anymore where you can toss $50 million USD for timed exclusivity of 1 year for 2 story DLC's. The landscape has changed and they're premier 3rd party gamedevs in the world right now, aiming 200 million copies or more being sold for this.

The nextgen port will arrive on PS6/Nextbox on the same date, probably in 2028 Q1 and later on PC, as usual. Till then, it's B/C only, unless Microsoft have some ridiculous AI based B/C initiative that automatically uncaps the framerate and the internal rendering resolution by default, something which is out of Rockstar's hands and they cannot block it.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Good guy Phil is just helping Sony out since they only have a few games planned for 2024. Hes also leading the way on Nintendo as they are focusing on Switch 2 and need a few titles to tide them over. Phil is just that guy and wants to be seen as the savior of gaming which he is.

Danknugz

It never was an existential threat, that's what lots of people have been saying for years.

People are having fun seeing rabid xbox fanboys having meltdowns because they were in complete denial.
it clearly caused major concern as we now see the floodgates of emotions pouring forth.

Killjoy-NL

it clearly caused major concern as we now see the floodgates of emotions pouring forth.
Not sure who you're talking about, tbh.

If you're talking about Xbox, then sure, we've seen people have severe meltdowns for the past two weeks.

On the side of Playstation, I've never seen anyone take any of it serious, tbh.

Not saying there aren't people like that, they're present in all fanbases, but anyone who has been paying attention didn't take Xbox seriously since the second half of the PS3/X360 gen.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
My wish is the discless Xbox Series X is announced and called the Series XD for the laugh emoji.

Come on the Xbox Series 😆

Humdinger

Do we know if there is video or not? Or is it just all audio?

Xbox podcast is usually video, so I'm thinking video, too.

Last edited:

Kdad

I'm just hoping its an announcement that Xbox has secured the rights to PlayStation Home since Jimbo has been such a fucking coward about bringing it back.

AlphaMale

First thing Phil says is,
"We're listening and we hear you!"

What's the OverUnder on how many times this is said during the podcast?

From my thread:

What PR approach do you think he will use? I asked ChatGPT to write a text as if it were Phil

• Write as if you were Phil Spencer
  • Explain to the community that Xbox games will be available on other platforms
  • Emphasize that Gamepass will remain exclusive.
and here's the result:

Screenshot_2024-02-05-18-17-12-754_com.openai.chatgpt.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-05-18-17-20-543_com.openai.chatgpt.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-05-18-17-34-021_com.openai.chatgpt.jpg

Kdad

From my thread:

What PR approach do you think he will use? I asked ChatGPT to write a text as if it were Phil

• Write as if you were Phil Spencer
  • Explain to the community that Xbox games will be available on other platforms
  • Emphasize that Gamepass will remain exclusive.
and here's the result:

Screenshot_2024-02-05-18-17-12-754_com.openai.chatgpt.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-05-18-17-20-543_com.openai.chatgpt.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-05-18-17-34-021_com.openai.chatgpt.jpg
a: this should be CoPilot (i know i know)
b: why is Satya keeping Phil on the payroll with CoPilot can just make the statement

Elginer

Posting in legendary thread for archival purposes. As long as MS keeps making awesome hardware with the best damn console OS I’m a happy camper.

Perrott

lots of gamer nerds in their element here, very embarrassing

imagine being this excited to see a video gaming company fail, that you never even bought into, because it was potentially an existential threat to your identity as a gamer
Except that perhaps they deserve to fail, so that all other trillion dollar corporations and outsiders to this industry can see that money can never buy you the talent nor ability to be a good steward of some of the biggest IPs and studios in the world, as evidenced by the trainwreck that's been Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda under the command of Matt Booty and the supervision of Sarah Bond and Phil Spencer.

Top Bottom