• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Doube D

Unfortunately for Microsoft, the Star Chamber turned down the proposal from RockStar games for Grand Theft Auto III. The Star Chamber members sent the proposal back to RockStar Games with the suggestion to beef up the game. When RockStar later cut a deal with Take-Two Interactive to create an exclusive for the PlayStation 2, Microsoft didn't even get a last-minute chance to bid for the deal itself.

ahh the irony. lol

reriel

arne, blimblim, can you say atleast if there are chance for new Lost Odyssey' and Blue Dragon's trailers (I know BD is on closed doors but...) ?

Aryuken

Banned
Pug said:
I Know this rumour has being doing the round for a while but at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/events/e32006/articles/20060505-wishlist.htm they have have published a post from the forum of what people wish/would like to see 360 wise at E3. One of the is for the Dreamcast back catalogue of games. Now I know it mean little that this has been put up but it does add to the old rummour mill. Dreamcast games on Market Place would be a great addition.

I would buy Shenmue 1/2 in a heartbeat.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
reriel said:
arne, blimblim, can you say atleast if there are chance for new Lost Odyssey' and Blue Dragon's trailers (I know BD is on closed doors but...) ?
I don't know, but considering the Blue Dragon page on xbox.jp just opened, I'd say we will get some new medias for sure.

Aryuken

Banned
my.php

my.php

:D

HD-DVD Addon "Officially" Announced

HD DVD also offers new "twin discs" that have an HD DVD version and a DVD version on the same disc....Blu-ray's option is to require consumers to buy two discs at full price, an HD version and the standard DVD version separately.

I thought that BluRay offered the same type of discs? FUD?

Ponn

Banned
Suerte said:

This new accessory will connect to the Xbox 360 console with a USB cable, enabling it to harness the power of the Xbox 360 console for the HD video outputs and digital surround sound.

So it does just hook up through USB and outputs like normal. So no HDMI or HDCP? No DVD upscaling? What if they do start using those flags limiting output over non-HDCP compliant hardware? We need some answers on these.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just been told by Snoopers from my site that filming won't be allowed at all during the MS Press conference. This is either because Gamespot got the exclusivity (unlikely), or because of who will do the actual talking during the conference itself (guess).
After all the trouble I went into to get a cameraman position there, I'm quite pissed off.

Blimblim said:
Just been told by Snoopers from my site that filming won't be allowed at all during the MS Press conference. This is either because Gamespot got the exclusivity (unlikely), or because of who will do the actual talking during the conference itself (guess).
After all the trouble I went into to get a cameraman position there, I'm quite pissed off.

O.O

can we expect you to get soem direct feed trailers up?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
meltpotato said:
O.O

can we expect you to get soem direct feed trailers up?
Everything points to the trailers being available on the marketplace during or soon after the press conference. If so, I'll do exactly like today and encode everything :)

GhaleonEB

Blimblim said:
Everything points to the trailers being available on the marketplace during or soon after the press conference. If so, I'll do exactly like today and encode everything :)
The timeline Microsoft published the other day had 25 trailers going up tomorrow. Probably everything shown and the press conference.

PhatSaqs

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
The timeline Microsoft published the other day had 25 trailers going up tomorrow. Probably everything shown and the press conference.
I just cant put into words how awesome the trailers and demos via XBL is. Hell, XBL members are getting to play games like Lost Planet before E3 even starts :lol.

arne

Blimblim said:

This keeps changing. It started off as only allowing cameras to be plugged into the audio/video feed, then it was everything was allowed and I don't know where it is now. It's not about any one site getting an exclusive, AFAIK. It was about some of the media (videos) that they don't want to be shown out of external footage I think. It's up to some publishers.

But I don' tknow where that stands now unfortunately.

Ugh, I have to go.

GhaleonEB

I think it's going to be pretty easy for Microsoft to roast that Sony conference.

*Peter Moore walks on stage
*Halo 3 footage plays
*Peter Moore walks off stage

GhaleonEB said:
*Peter Moore walks on stage
*Halo 3 footage plays
*J. Allard walks on stage " X360 core@ 229$ X360 premium 299$ "
*Peter Moore and J.Allard (with strange hair.. ) walks off stage ( singing )
FIXED

GhaleonEB

Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
:lol

Nice. But I think they'll save any price drop until when, or after, the PS3 launches. Drop the Core to $199 and the Premium to $299 right when the PS3 launches; HUGE gap.

GhaleonEB

Aryuken said:
MS smells blood in the water folks.
That's because there IS blood in the water. Lots of it. All those wallets, bleeding like mad.

I was a little nervous buying a 360 before E3 - wasn't sure how it was going to stack up to the PS3. I think it stacks up very well.

Mr. Spinnington said:
I totally wouldn't be surprised if they announce a price drop for Q4 2006 or Q1 2007.

why would you announce a price drop now for 3-6 months later? wouldnt that slow the current momentum to a standstill?

Aryuken

Banned
meltpotato said:
why would you announce a price drop now for 3-6 months later? wouldnt that slow the current momentum to a standstill?

Exact. Not to mention, annoucing that means free publicity, announce that near PS3 launch, and you got yourself some pretty cool publicity in the eyes of the general public.

I gotta say...this is like a golden Gift that fell from the sky into MS and Nintendo's lap. If they can capitalize on this...things can get ugly, MS and Nintendo can bleed sony to death.

android

Theoretical Magician
Announce a price drop tomorrow and you build your install base over the next six months. C'mon MS, the android wants some HD gaming.

Aryuken said:
MS smells blood in the water folks.

Yeah but who knows if they'll do anything about it. After last year's emo love-in fiasco they had going on I'm not so confident in MS being compenent enough to have a decent showing or going in for the kill.

They'll fuck it up. Just watch.

Speevy

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Yeah but who knows if they'll do anything about it. After last year's emo love-in fiasco they had going on I'm not so confident in MS being compenent enough to have a decent showing or going in for the kill.

Before tonight, MS had Gears, Mass Effect, Too Human, Fable 2, Forza 2, and some others to show. Oh, and Halo 3.

After tonight, I think that's all people need. The worst MS can do is bore people.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:

Yeah, I'm not sure they'll do anything amazing, but they've got an opportunity this year to really take charge in North America. They should have had Halo 3 ready for Nov. '06 (Gates said PS3 launch initially) and they would have been set. I'm not sure they've got the killer-app software for 4Q 2006 they need to really stick it to Sony. Prove me wrong, MS....

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Sony have given M$ a chance to put them to the sword, with a price drop in the states and some impressive 2nd gen games .

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Speevy said:
Before tonight, MS had Gears, Mass Effect, Too Human, Fable 2, Forza 2, and some others to show. Oh, and Halo 3.

After tonight, I think that's all people need. The worst MS can do is bore people.

Seriously, with just the games we know are coming, MS has this all wrapped up...

And since MS actually talks games instead of talking Powerpoint slides, being boring will be impossible... :)

The surprises that will no doubt show will just be the final nails in the coffin if you ask me...

I just saw the Rainbow Six Vegas trailer on IGN 360, and that honestly blew away everything I saw at the Sony conference...

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/815/815419/vids_1.html

Skilotonn said:
I just saw the Rainbow Six Vegas trailer on IGN 360, and that honestly blew away everything I saw at the Sony conference...

No way. Did you see Heavenly Sword? That looked freakin' great. Rainbow Six LV looks good but it's hampered by some choppy framerate and animations.

However many of the 360 games that'll be there tomorrow are definately more interesting to me. Hopefully they'll show a little Bioshock.

tegdf

Skilotonn said:
Seriously, with just the games we know are coming, MS has this all wrapped up...

And since MS actually talks games instead of talking Powerpoint slides, being boring will be impossible... :)

The surprises that will no doubt show will just be the final nails in the coffin if you ask me...

what surprise?

Top Bottom