• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

They are taking advantage of not having to talk about price, specs, etc. so they can just focus on kick-ass games. Good stuff.

Talks about Oblivion. "Which sold 1.7 million copies in three weeks for both ." Two more joint-release (PC/360) titles coming up.

DSC_3144.JPG

more crysis

Next game. Resistance types leap from rooftops with special wings. Their enemies return. It's all CG so far, but suggests concepts - translocator style dodging, revival on the spot, summoning. It's Shadowrun.

15:34.46 -

First from FASA. Resurrecting "a truly classic series". A guy gets gunned down, then revived on the spot. "Ancient magic" - "some seek to control it". "Others fight to preserve it."

Kolgar

This is the motherfucking atomic bitchslap of the century!

THE CHAMP IS DOWN

THE CHAMP IS DOWN

WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
jetjevons said:
Hey are you guys coming to Rockstar for lunch today? They're having money!

:lol Classic!

Sadly, the only thing exclusive about GTA IV on the 360 is the episodic content I believe, but even still that is FANTASTIC news!

Way To GO MICROSOFT!

R&R

Holy hell what an E3!!!

MICROSOFT and NINTENDO OWNAGE TOTAL!!!

SONY AM CRY - ROSEBUDDED TOTAL!!!

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Wait a minute. Wait a god damn minute.

You're telling in me in ~5 months time I'm going to be playing GTA4 on my 360 Online with EPISODIC CONTENT?

wow..

they are kicking so much ass I think in the span of one day we'll all welcome our new overlords in the gaming industry and quickly begin to revolt!!

they are actually kicking so much ass, that they are now turning people into their fans, and immediately back as fans of ps3/wii in fear of MS becoming too powerful.

android

Theoretical Magician
jetjevons said:

You're telling in me in ~5 months time I'm going to be playing GTA4 on my 360 Online with EPISODIC CONTENT?
one year and five months

edit Alan Wake !!

hahahax

Banned
Vindication.
Finally, after 10 years.

Too bad it no longer matters. The damage has already been done.
And the end result will be something far uglier.

I must withdraw to medidate.

jetjevons said:

Unfortunately no, October '07 for GTA IV.

GhaleonEB

jetjevons said:

No, the release date is October 2007

jet1911

Next is "one of the biggest hits of last year's E3". Remedy's Alan Wake.

Zooming over hillsides, piano music twinkling. Lighthouse view over glistening sea. Day night cycle accelerates. Alan's monologue is typed over the bottom.

The facial detailer is very impressive. Blair With style standing in a clearing with a torch looking panicked. "Exclusively on Windows and Xbox 360".

:D

raYne

MS broke GAF. Believe!

That "Jungle detail is Crysis, makes FarCry look like an NES game" quote had me rolling.

gollumsluvslave said:
All I care about with Shadowrun is gameplay - i'd rather have a proper Shadowrun with average graphics, than a Hala clone! That said i'd rather have a proper Shadowrun with better graphics than that :lol
I agree. Are they putting any effort whatsoever into this game?

859_0002.jpg

These better be some early development screens, because there's no excuse for graphics that bad.

Shadow run on both PC ad 360

Next is "one of the biggest hits of last year's E3". Remedy's Alan Wake.

Zooming over hillsides, piano music twinkling. Lighthouse view over glistening sea. Day night cycle accelerates. Alan's monologue is typed over the bottom.

The facial detailer is very impressive. Blair With style standing in a clearing with a torch looking panicked. "Exclusively on Windows and Xbox 360".

This game is a true genre-buster". Psychological action thriller with innovative gameplay, says Moore, who has put his jacket back on.

"When we come to E3, we always try to show you something new." Someone's here "who's not been to E3 before" he says. Aha, Bill Gates.

rastex

Banned
jetjevons said:

No :( October 2007 So in 17 months.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
jetjevons said:

puebla

Kolgar said:
This is the motherfucking atomic bitchslap of the century!

THE CHAMP IS DOWN

THE CHAMP IS DOWN

WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!
i think a Buster Douglsas vs. Mike Tyson photoshop would be perfect.:lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jetjevons said:

No you'll be playing it in ~17 months, October 2007.

Diablos

I... can't believe this.

MS owned Sony today. This could also very well mark the end of Japanese developer influence on mainstream gaming as we know it, because clearly, PS3 will have more of that. Yet MS is looking so much more appealing to gamers everywhere, it seems.

Sony could still pull through, but based on reactions alone -- if they're gonna fall this gen, I never knew they'd fall like this. I figured it would be much more competetive.

Wow.

btrboyev

there are no words....ho could sony let this happen, they really must be too arrogant at this point..

edit this is megaton..peopleassumed sony would get exclusive rights to gta...shit they didn't even mention the game in their show, yet microsoft has the goods..thats ownage 100% true

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
They didn't say GTA4 exclusive, they just said they would have it from Day 1 with a deal for episodic content. That's not so megaton.

Top Bottom