• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

The MS flight game..dunno whats it called

DSC_3153.JPG

3:40 pm - Share your gamertag, Bill. We want to add you to our friends list, yo. What is that in Bill's hands? He's holding a tiny white object and can't stop fiddling with it. Is a stack of index cards with Bill's speech notes? Bill's just stalling for time ... building suspense while we wonder when he's going to drop a news bomb on us.

Sony has just been fucked

I'm just about ready to buy a 360 actually, but I'm gonna wait a little for platinum line up

In other words, that dude didnt really tattoo videogame names on his fucking arm did he?

Wendo

Vasectomember
sefskillz said:
They didn't say GTA4 exclusive, they just said they would have it from Day 1 with a deal for episodic content. That's not so megaton.

It still is- considering that the 360 will still likely cost $100 less than the PS3 at that point. Which system do you think casuals will buy to play GTA4?

wasting

Banned
3:40 pm - Share your gamertag, Bill. We want to add you to our friends list, yo. What is that in Bill's hands? He's holding a tiny white object and can't stop fiddling with it. Is a stack of index cards with Bill's speech notes? Bill's just stalling for time ... building suspense while we wonder when he's going to drop a news bomb on us.

halo 3, do it bill

GhaleonEB

"Before our competition even enters the market, we will have a 10 million unit headstart with Xbox 360," he claims.

The original goal was 10m by the end of the year. Sounds like they are upping their forecast.

From what I've seen - good call.

Aryuken

Banned
sefskillz said:
They didn't say GTA4 exclusive, they just said they would have it from Day 1 with a deal for episodic content. That's not so megaton.

Thats megaton, because it was announced at a MS conference. Everybody will know GTA is coming to the 360 day 1. GTA + Halo.

I dont know, but i would say...Sony is about to loose the U.S?

golem

halo 3 trailer

desert stage

i have defyed gods and demons -- cortana??!

shining master chief!!

convenent ships everywhere!

big structure of doom opening

"this is the way the wrold ends!"

OMG

littlewig

Banned
11:50 As the end of May, Microsoft will have sold over 5 million 360s--the faster console seller everywhere. He says the goal is to catch up to iPod in cultural signifance. He gives more stats, notes three of top 10 March games were Xbox 360.

Nuff said.

Wii + Xbox360 is all I need. Sony is screwed!!!!!!!!

Who else will be playing MGS4 on their Xbox360?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
jetjevons said:
I hate to keep sounding like a girly little Xdude fanboy here but ALAN WAKE 360 EXCLUSIVE!!!! HFS!
Don't worry, I'm on the same boat. I've been blasting MS's incompetence since E3 2005 but they kicking ass today.

Haklong

The exact quote from Gamespot is, "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV tatoo on other arm. Grand Theft Auto IV October 16 2007 to Xbox 360 ONLY.".

I guess we will know for sure by the end of the week. But if it is a timed 360 exclusive then that is a major win for MS.

wasting

Banned
3:45 pm - "So what's the most dramatic thing we could do to take Live to the next level? " Connect users. Consider that there are 230 miilion Windows gamers and 1 billion game ready cellphones." Announces Live Anywhere, will be built into the Windows Vista.

Darko

littlewig said:
11:50 As the end of May, Microsoft will have sold over 5 million 360s--the faster console seller everywhere. He says the goal is to catch up to iPod in cultural signifance. He gives more stats, notes three of top 10 March games were Xbox 360.

Nuff said.

Wii + Xbox360 is all I need. Sony is screwed!!!!!!!!

amen, no reason for me to buy a ps3 now

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Why are people saying, "If GTA4 is a timed exclusive". Wouldn't Sony have mentioned GTA at their weak ass conference if they had the drop on Microsoft?

Some games will let you continue playing on the phone, he says. Not specific.

"We're going from Live to Live Anywhere, and we really think this is a unique contribution; that Microsoft is probably the only company that can pull this off."

Hmmm... wonder how that might work?

Scott Henson comes out to demo Live Anywhere.

Guess I'm gonna find out

PhatSaqs

Banned
Goreomedy said:
Why are people saying, "If it GTA4 is a timed exclusive". It comes out October 16th, a full month before Playstation 3. Even if GTA4 is a launch title, that's a full month of exclusivity for the biggest gaming franchise out there. It is a coup.
NEXT October Gore.

Matt

Goreomedy said:
Why are people saying, "If it GTA4 is a timed exclusive". Wouldn't Sony have mentioned GTA at their weak ass conference if they had the drop on Microsoft?
...GTA4 is comming out in 2007.

Top Bottom