• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Goreomedy said:
Why are people saying, "If it GTA4 is a timed exclusive". Wouldn't Sony have mentioned GTA at their weak ass conference if they had the drop on Microsoft?

Again, it's '07, but Gamespot said something about 360 only on Oct. 17, so it may be timed exclusive.

Halo 3 teaser was very cool, has me really hyped. Spoiler below.

This is the way the world ends.

This could be awesome. Loved the music. Only shitty part is that it said 2007, but man, 2007 is shaping up to be the year of the 360, good god.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Goreomedy said:
Why are people saying, "If it GTA4 is a timed exclusive". Wouldn't Sony have mentioned GTA at their weak ass conference if they had the drop on Microsoft?

Oct 16 2007

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Goreomedy said:
It's not out this year, 2007.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Aurora said:
GTA IV > MGS4 + FFXIII?

In other words: Is GTA IV enough to take down PS3's MGS4 and FFXIII?

In North America? Easily. Just look at the sales numbers from this generation. The top 5 games were either GTA or Halo games. Add to that the fact that the Metal Gear and Final Fantasy franchises don't sell as much as they used to and it's clear Microsoft has the killer hand for an American victory.

I'm just excited to be getting all 4 games. PS3 won't be in my hands until MGS4 debuts along with a system price drop. In the meantime I'll enjoy my 360 and the Wii I buy at launch.

GhaleonEB

Goreomedy said:
IT COMES OUT OCTOBER 2007 <----------

marmaraS

this is a brilliant tactic by MS, halt GTA for PS3 launch and keep people waiting for another year and a month, when the console prices will be so different and GTA to be first out on the 360 it doesnt matter on whether its exclusive or not, they just stopped Sony having a great launch title

DD-11

The Halo 3 trailer is the best fucking thing I've ever seen. MS just won, they are going to sell millions and millions of consoles. Fuck, I'm hyped.

Scotch said:
:lol :lol Can't wait for the 1up podcast! Oh Shane...

I'm a happy little Xbot.

Haha yea, that was hilarious. I was actually disappointed how easily they let him off the hook too. Someone better be burning tonight.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Holy shit, unified Live interface for Vista and 360. Holy fucking shit that is hot.

13:52.12 -
You can click View Profile on his Vista invite. The Guide comes up - you can even do achievement comparisons across platforms, whether they're achieved on PC or 360. PC will play against 360. He can play keyboard-mouse on Windows or third-person on 360. Real-time voice chat cross-platform too.

13:50.42 -
Below it is his Gamercard. "One gamertag no matter what the platform is." Gamerscore through Vista too.

13:50.22 -
Talks about how 360 users are used to logging in as soon as games load. Shows this happening when he pops into Shadowrun. Brings up friends list. Whether you're playing Windows Vista, 360 or Mobile, it keeps you up to date on what your friends are doing.

Sends Major Nelson a cross-platform game invite. He's working on his PC now apparently. We see his desktop with integrated friends list.

13:48.35 -
Scott Henson comes out to demo Live Anywhere

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Is Crysis coming to X360 or is this purely a demo for the PC? I thought the devs said they are focusing on PC right now?

hyp

this whole mobile live thing could be a nice trojan horse for the 360. if this gets a lot of support, i don't think MS will ever need to make a handheld.

I'm tired of seeing people say "I've waited 11 years for this!"

Has it really been so awful to see Sony on top? They've done A LOT for videogaming in the last 10 years. Gaming reached a new level of cool that it just wasn't enjoying with Nintendo and Sega ruling the roost. I think had it not been for the Playstation, we'd still be seeing a bunch of games like fucking Boogerman, Bubsy, etc. Gaming might have even died from that kind of lame shit. Who knows.

That said, MS is handing out a real beating here. They're basically giving us all the shit we WANT to see. Who could ask for more? :)

GhaleonEB said:
IT COMES OUT OCTOBER 2007 <----------
From Gamedaily's weblog:

Gamedaily.com said:
12:27pm: Grand Theft Auto 4 EXCLUSIVE for 360! Coming October 16th (2007), and will have episodic content for download via Xbox Live, courtesy of Rockstar. Take that, Sony! Moore even got another "real" tattoo for the occasion.

raYne

This cross platform gamertag/score stuff is pretty nice.

I don't play PC games and won't be playing games on my phone.. but nice nontheless heh.

Aryuken

Banned
Bye suckas, gonna check GAmespot!!!!!

Oh and SONY AM TOTAL OWNAGE DAVID JAFFE AM OWNED, MS IS AFRAID MY ASS :lol :lol :lol :lol

Take that arrogant bitches :D

Nintendo and MS unite, Wii and 360 = BEst gen ever, PS3 is out!!!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
DenogginizerOS said:
Is Crysis coming to X360 or is this purely a demo for the PC? I thought the devs said they are focusing on PC right now?

PC only for now, I think. But then, I just gave Microsoft a year exclusive for GTA4, so what do I know?

FtsH

GTA4 is also on PS3! The same date, check their official website!

I just can't understand why sony didn't announce it yesterday.

20:54.52 -
Paint shop on Vista, too, changing skins. Bring up editor and do decals.

20:54.36 -
Forza Motorsport team challenged to "paint on this new canvas". You can send a message to Windows Mobile. Major Nelson's sent him a car to his phone, which he can tweak and save off to Live.

Quality shit! Man some of the Forza decals were insane as it is!

FiRez

h3p11300481ss.jpg

So far the ONLY bad thing (Aside from mythological price drop and free XBL) has been a pseudo-confirmation that Conan is PC only.

Oh and apparantly people expected Shadowrun to look like GoW or something.

Top Bottom