• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
FtsH said:
GTA4 is also on PS3! The same date, check their official website!

I just can't understand why sony didn't announce it yesterday.

Embarrassment?

I honestly didn't think they'd lose their timed exclusivity.

jenov4

FtsH said:
GTA4 is also on PS3! The same date, check their official website!

I just can't understand why sony didn't announce it yesterday.

LMAO.. XBOTs had it good for a whole 20 minutes there.

Anyways, Crysis looks fucking HOT.

FiRez

h3rp11300499hr.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
robot said:
so gta4 for ps3 is coming out before ps3?
Holy shit. IT'S 2006 RIGHT NOW, NOT 2007, YOU KNOW

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Goreomedy said:
Embarrassment?

I honestly didn't think they'd lose their timed exclusivity.

This is exactly right. It is a HUGE deal the Xbox gets GTA the same day. GTA has always been synonymous with Sony. Xbox gets the second hand ports 6 months later.

Not any more.

halo 3
timed exclusive gta 4 / exclusive episodic content (<--- wow!)
$200 less than ps3!
10 million head start
forza 2
GoW

jesus..

i think i may pickup a 360 this week... i wonder whta games to get?!

human5892

Queen of Denmark
There had to have been some kind of agreement that Microsoft got to mention GTA4 first...why would Sony not have even said a word about it if it's coming to PS3 the same day?

Then again, they thought it was a good idea to demo GT4 HD for 20 fucking minutes, so I guess you never know.

PhatSaqs said:
Not when you can play the same damn game with exlcusive content for $100+ cheaper :lol

PLUS the site NEVER SAYS it's coming for that date on both consoles SONYBOTS, it just lists 360 and PS3 as the consoles it's being developed for LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING GAME AD ON THE PLANET.

TIMED EXCLUSIVE IS STILL FTW.

God damn, pay attention.

Xenon

Three console manufactures are walking down the street- Nintendo, Sony, and Sony. Sony starts lagging behind. MS gets angry, goes over to the Sony, and smooshes him... and says, Catch up.

Lince

Banned
this conference seals it, too much money to expend on my X360 and eventually on Wii that PS3 is out of the question until price drops or MGS4/FFXIII. No winner this E3, just only one lost it all...

raYne

Don't think it was mentioned, but Halo 3 is an '07 title as well.. unsurprisingly.

...and on that note, the H3 trailer is taking forever to dl. Come on 81%!

acklame

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360(TM) and PlayStation(R)3 Computer Entertainment System; Next-Generation Console Debut of The Grand Theft Auto Franchise Set for October 2007 Release
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 9, 2006--Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto IV, the next-generation console debut of the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for the PlayStation(R)3 and Xbox 360(TM) and is currently planned to be in stores in North America on October 16, 2007 and in Europe on October 19, 2007.

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is an integrated global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStation(R) game console, PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, PSP(TM) (PlayStation(R)Portable) system, Xbox(R) and Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM), Nintendo DS(TM) and Game Boy(R) Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games, 2K and 2K Sports, and Global Star Software; and distributes products in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two also manufactures and markets video game accessories in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region through its Joytech subsidiary. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Vienna, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands), Auckland, Shanghai and Tokyo. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.

All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.

"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family, "PLAYSTATION" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements made in reliance upon the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws. Such forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them. The Company has no obligation to update such forward-looking statements. Actual results may vary significantly from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of factors. These important factors are described in the Company's Form 10-Q for the quarter ended January 31, 2006 in the section entitled "Cautionary Statement and Risk Factors".

This title is not yet concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment of America.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
3:57 pm - Summary from Moore: 10 million unit headstart, more than 160 games by this holiday, 6 million Xbox Live members by E3 2007, Live Anywhere unites all gamers. "I hope you've enjoyed this little glimpse into the future ." Gates and Moore exit, preview rolls ... Halo 3.
Halo 3 is closing the show.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Mr. Spinnington said:
It's never ever been CG with Halo, why would they pull that shit after Sony's CG parade?
While that's true, there were SIGNIFICANT downgrades made with Halo 2. The original announcement trailer was a huge step above the E3 2003 trailer which was a huge step above the final product (technically).

Hopefully this is different.

halo is REALTIME according to bungie
Source! That shit looks hot!

Even if GTAIV is not even timed exclusive, it takes away one of Sony's main bullet points when coming to a purchase. Folks interested in GTA, and there are a lot can plump down the bones for 360 now in complete assurance that they get GTAIV.

Nothing on what ID or Valve are doing for 360?

acklame said:
Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360(TM) and PlayStation(R)3 Computer Entertainment System; Next-Generation Console Debut of The Grand Theft Auto Franchise Set for October 2007 Release
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 9, 2006--Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto IV, the next-generation console debut of the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for the PlayStation(R)3 and Xbox 360(TM) and is currently planned to be in stores in North America on October 16, 2007 and in Europe on October 19, 2007.

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is an integrated global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStation(R) game console, PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, PSP(TM) (PlayStation(R)Portable) system, Xbox(R) and Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM), Nintendo DS(TM) and Game Boy(R) Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games, 2K and 2K Sports, and Global Star Software; and distributes products in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two also manufactures and markets video game accessories in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region through its Joytech subsidiary. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Vienna, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands), Auckland, Shanghai and Tokyo. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.

All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.

"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family, "PLAYSTATION" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements made in reliance upon the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws. Such forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them. The Company has no obligation to update such forward-looking statements. Actual results may vary significantly from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of factors. These important factors are described in the Company's Form 10-Q for the quarter ended January 31, 2006 in the section entitled "Cautionary Statement and Risk Factors".

This title is not yet concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment of America.

PETER, YOU LIED TO ME!

*Frying Pan*

human5892

Queen of Denmark
BenjaminBirdie said:
PLUS the site NEVER SAYS it's coming for that date on both consoles SONYBOTS, it just lists 360 and PS3 as the consoles it's being developed for LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING GAME AD ON THE PLANET.

TIMED EXCLUSIVE IS STILL FTW.

God damn, pay attention.
Wrong, check Rockstar's press release.

Ah, beaten.

FtsH said:
2007, not this year.

it's GTA4+FFVIII+MGS4+Blueray v.s. GTA4+Halo3+100$ now, fight~:lol

not really..

its GTA4 timed/episodic exclusive + Halo 3 + $200 ($400 vs $600 basically) vs. GTA4 eventually (just like xbox 1) + Final Fantasy + MGS4..

thats how a gamer will most likely see it... blu-ray? they can get hd-dvd for xbox360 if they want it.. not really a big factor..

todays conference clearly put the pressure on SONY to do SOMETHING big to save face... otherwise, Xbox360 just won the american market today... and with winning that market, will start to FORCE other companies to make their games on their system.

The fact that MS is getting GTA without Sony having an exclusive timeframe is huge.
So what if it's still coming out on PS3.
Name the PS3 exclusives that truly mean anything to North America at this point.
Final Fantasy lost me with X...
Metal Gear... great franchise, but I won't spend over $700 to play it.
My decision is done. Wii + 360....
Maybe a PS3 after SEVERAL price cuts, and plenty of "Greatest Hits."

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Shard said:
You have got to be kidding.
Not at all. Compare Mario and Zelda sales on N64 to those on GameCube. GTA was a cultural phenomenon this gen. Something could easily replace it the next.

Also, it seems that the game is still coming out on PS3. I bet M$ paid a shitload of money for something insignificant like 3 months exclusivity.

Top Bottom