• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Moore said it will be available on the "first day". Meaning: it will be available on X360 the same day it is available on PS3. This is still huge for MS simply because they won't be 6+ months behind.

Tenacious-V said:
Oct 2007, timed exclusive for X360.

Can you not read?!

T2 PR said:
Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for the PlayStation(R)3 and Xbox 360(TM) and is currently planned to be in stores in North America on October 16, 2007 and in Europe on October 19, 2007.

BenjaminBirdie said:
PETER, YOU LIED TO ME!

*Frying Pan*

what?

he said exclusive episodic content for Xbox 360... GTA4 will be best on 360,.. not only was it previously a sony exclusive/timed exclusive, now its on Xbox at the SAME TIME with exclusive content.. thats HUGE.

joaomgcd

Take a look at your friends lists! How many are not downloading stuff from the marketplace right now? :lol 2 out of 17 on my list!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Lord Helmet said:
The fact that MS is getting GTA without Sony having an exclusive timeframe is huge.
So what if it's still coming out on PS3.
Name the PS3 exclusives that truly mean anything to North America at this point.
Final Fantasy lost me with X...
Metal Gear... great franchise, but I won't spend over $700 to play it.
My decision is done. Wii + 360....
Maybe a PS3 after SEVERAL price cuts, and plenty of "Greatest Hits."
you are not north america. sorry. not damage controlling anything here. I agree with most that MS whipped sony in conferences, but Metal Gear/FF/DQ are still huge in NA.

EnvoyDenali said:
what?

he said exclusive episodic content for Xbox 360... GTA4 will be best on 360,.. not only was it previously a sony exclusive/timed exclusive, now its on Xbox at the SAME TIME with exclusive content.. thats HUGE.

I dunno, I have a feeling Rockstar will also pull "exclusive downloadable content" specific to Sony's network too :lol

Oh well. Just be happy you guys don't have to wait for a port.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Mr. Spinnington said:
It's never ever been CG with Halo, why would they pull that shit after Sony's CG parade?
The first Halo 2 trailer looked significantly better than the final game.

EnvoyDenali said:
what?

Well, as long as I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I'm sure there'll be a nice big sticker on the 360 version about it too.

So, in closing, thanks to Live Anywhere I went into E3 thinking I'd have to buy a PS3 for Wipeout and now I'm leaving thinking I have to buy a fucking PC for Live Anywhere.

God damn it. Mac FTL.

Waku

Wow... as a Wiitard i must say the Halo 3 Trailer impressed me mucho grande. Awsome Music.

Is it really all INgame Graphic?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Confidence Man said:
The PS3 comes out in November, doesn't it? If GTA4 is out in October that could only mean...

Ummm, you know that GTA isn't coming out until 2007, right?

trmas

Banned
Really disappointed in Splinter Cell, but GoW makes up for it. Cross fingers for Too Human, and WHERE IS MY BLUE DRAGON VIDEO?!?!?!

acklame

Confidence Man said:
The PS3 comes out in November, doesn't it? If GTA4 is out in October that could only mean...

for the last time GTA4 comes out october 2007 2007 2007 2007 2007

PS3 comes out november 2006

Well, I certainly don't regret the 360 purchase, lots of good exclusive content coming it seems. I'm already seeing good reasons to own all three again this gen, just like last time.

Seth C

Waku said:
Wow... as a Wiitard i must say the Halo 3 Trailer impressed me mucho grande. Awsome Music.

They say real-time running on an Xbox 360 using in-game assets. Make of that what you will.

Tenacious-V said:
Explain to me why the hell they'd release the PS3 version of GTA4 without the system even being out??

thanks for answering my question.

T2 PR said:
Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for the PlayStation(R)3 and Xbox 360(TM) and is currently planned to be in stores in North America on October 16, 2007 and in Europe on October 19, 2007.

http://bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=Halo3Announcement

We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.

!Sweet!
:D :D :D

Sirolf

We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.

Straight from the horse mouth :D

how the hell do people come away from that conference with "GTA4 exclusive" and "2006" in their heads?

nice work from MS though, very nice.

I'm a Gears of War sceptic who just had his balls flattened

Uno Ill Nino said:
I'm tired of seeing people say "I've waited 11 years for this!"

Has it really been so awful to see Sony on top? They've done A LOT for videogaming in the last 10 years. Gaming reached a new level of cool that it just wasn't enjoying with Nintendo and Sega ruling the roost. I think had it not been for the Playstation, we'd still be seeing a bunch of games like fucking Boogerman, Bubsy, etc. Gaming might have even died from that kind of lame shit. Who knows.

That said, MS is handing out a real beating here. They're basically giving us all the shit we WANT to see. Who could ask for more? :)
I've waited 5 years ;) I love the PS1 era but didn't care for the ps2 era and hated their directions. Xbox gave me what i wanted and the 360 is giving me what i want. When MS gets stale I'll root for someone to knock them out too

IJoel

Just saw the Halo 3 trailer.

SCREW WAGGLEWANDS...

SCREW WIISTICKS...

THIS IS IT!

It just looks amazing. Trailer of the show.

Lunatic

As a big GTA fan I was hoping for GTA to be exclusive
for ps3 so they could take advantage of blu ray and the superior technology. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Himuro said:
Where can I watch the stream?
GameSpot will have a free stream in about an hour and 15 minutes from now. If you're a subscriber you can watch it now.

raYne

joaomgcd said:
Take a look at your friends lists! How many are not downloading stuff from the marketplace right now? :lol 2 out of 17 on my list!
:lol!

21 people currently online:
2 Playing Lost Planet
1 Playing Uno
Everyone else downloading from Live Marketplace.

Top Bottom