• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | We Don't Need Roads

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere on Avsim yet or not. Apparently this is in Hong Kong

107478505_10163760130330297_2622773610700131210_n.jpg

JLB

Banned
Chuck Yeager was a CGA game and looked very different.
I remember its review back in the day.

Actually I googled it right after the comment, and definitely Chuck Yeager is a VGA, 3D game, so its not the image that is posted above.

TheMan

Ok so question about buying a PC. I was considering buying a prebuilt from microcenter because I can’t be arsed to buy the components individually and supposedly their own prebuilt brand is priced fairly. Should I wait for the 3080 launch to snap up a 2080 for cheaper? Should I jump now?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Ok so question about buying a PC. I was considering buying a prebuilt from microcenter because I can’t be arsed to buy the components individually and supposedly their own prebuilt brand is priced fairly. Should I wait for the 3080 launch to snap up a 2080 for cheaper? Should I jump now?

It's always a bad time to buy a PC. But, seriously, right now is a bad time to buy a PC. Component prices seem to be up. From what I can see, the pre-builts on Microcenter with 2080s in are $2000 and the standard CPUs are too weak.

This all being said, I've not properly kept my eye on the hardware game in a while, so take what I say with a few grains of salt.

Wonko_C

It hasn't been much time since the closed alphas and it's going to launch next month!? I thought this was going to come out in 2021 at the very least.

Last edited:

TheMan

It's always a bad time to buy a PC. But, seriously, right now is a bad time to buy a PC. Component prices seem to be up. From what I can see, the pre-builts on Microcenter with 2080s in are $2000 and the standard CPUs are too weak.

This all being said, I've not properly kept my eye on the hardware game in a while, so take what I say with a few grains of salt.

Damn, that's a bummer to hear

This game seriously looks too good. I really hope it scales down well to shittier PCs. And I'm really curious to see what that looks like.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Damn, that's a bummer to hear

This game seriously looks too good. I really hope it scales down well to shittier PCs. And I'm really curious to see what that looks like.

Well, at least you can play it on Game Pass relatively cheap without having to drop $50 on it. Silver lining!

Abear21

Banned
Selfishly I am particularly worried about the lack of xbox series x news

Yeah same, the website doesn’t even list it coming out on Xbox right now, it just says PC and Gamepass.

It makes me worry the scalability of a PC title to Series X might not be so easy...or...the fact it can only run on Series X and not other older Xbox’s is a problem. If they want it to scale down to run across gen it might be a bit of a wait until we see this baby on consoles. I was hoping for it to be a launch title.

Yeah same, the website doesn’t even list it coming out on Xbox right now, it just says PC and Gamepass.

It makes me worry the scalability of a PC title to Series X might not be so easy...or...the fact it can only run on Series X and not other older Xbox’s is a problem. If they want it to scale down to run across gen it might be a bit of a wait until we see this baby on consoles. I was hoping for it to be a launch title.

This will be near enough a launch game I think. From the last conference they've quickly realised that games in reality to perform best need to be Next Gen programmed and anything else is a bonus. Fingers crossed

Watching this game makes me so damn happy for no apparent reason.

Maybe it's a thought in the back of my mind that we as humans have capability to re-create the entire planet with this level of detail and simulation.

What a fucking achievement.

Schmick

Watching that video of the 6 epic landings was hard to watch.

Little tip for the newbies. When you want to land you want to land slowly. To do that not only do you bring the throttle down, you use the plane's flaps.

Flaps are good for two things.

1. Slowing the plane down by increasing drag.
2. Creating further lift for when you are flying slowing.

Watching that video of the 6 epic landings was hard to watch.

Little tip for the newbies. When you want to land you want to land slowly. To do that not only do you bring the throttle down, you use the plane's flaps.

Flaps are good for two things.

1. Slowing the plane down by increasing drag.
2. Creating further lift for when you are flying slowing.
Nobody but sim heads give a shit, gamers will play this because it looks stunning and fun to fly around low and look at the scenery.

MastAndo

This looks really amazing. I'm looking forward to trying it as a casual and newbie to flight simulators. Perhaps some of the more sim features might become more appealing to me in time.

amigastar

Hey Guys,

i have a question. I've seen that the Flight Simulator 2020 will be available on the Microsoft PC Game Pass (Beta).
Will it be for a limited time only? And is the gamepass recommended in general? I'm not sure so forgive my naive question.

howitis3

Hey Guys,

i have a question. I've seen that the Flight Simulator 2020 will be available on the Microsoft PC Game Pass (Beta).
Will it be for a limited time only? And is the gamepass recommended in general? I'm not sure so forgive my naive question.

all MS games stay on gamepass

Top Bottom