• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | We Don't Need Roads

Looks awesome, but really needs a PC 5+ years from the future to do it justice.
this is what i'm worried about

you need a fairly high end video card to run x-plane 11 at around 25-30 fps on max graphics

let's use a gtx 1080 for example

i have no idea if it's possible for FS2020 to run at 60+ fps on max graphics with a gtx 1080

i am hoping it can do that with a gtx 1070 since that is what i have

it's just all so unclear right now but the recommended video card is a gtx 970 and THAT is the only thing giving me a pinch of hope

MastAndo

this is what i'm worried about

you need a fairly high end video card to run x-plane 11 at around 25-30 fps on max graphics

let's use a gtx 1080 for example

i have no idea if it's possible for FS2020 to run at 60+ fps on max graphics with a gtx 1080

i am hoping it can do that with a gtx 1070 since that is what i have

it's just all so unclear right now but the recommended video card is a gtx 970 and THAT is the only thing giving me a pinch of hope
In that Digital Foundry video, they were getting around 40 fps at 1080p/High with a 1060 and an i5. I'm guessing a 1080 should surpass 60 and maybe a 1070 could be able to pull off around 60 fps at those same settings.

As for max graphics, it does look like Ultra settings really tank the framerates and is very CPU-bound on those settings, but there are lots of custom graphics settings....even then, DF is saying the High looks pretty close to Ultra with a much better framerate.

The video I'm referring to is this one, by the way;

In that Digital Foundry video, they were getting around 40 fps at 1080p/High with a 1060 and an i5. I'm guessing a 1080 should surpass 60 and maybe a 1070 could be able to pull off around 60 fps at those same settings.

As for max graphics, it does look like Ultra settings really tank the framerates and is very CPU-bound on those settings, but there are lots of custom graphics settings....even then, DF is saying the High looks pretty close to Ultra with a much better framerate.

The video I'm referring to is this one, by the way;

WELL HOLY SHIT BALLS NOW I AM REALLY EXCITED 🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆

Really cool fan video.

Also, anybody here in the preview? Can you tell me what the Activities/Challenges are like?

I think the game has great potential in that area. Especially if it's something like, "Fly from point A to point B during inclement weather with only so much fuel or dealing with one engine going out, .etc. Choose how much cargo and fuel you load up. But get extra points for how much cargo and fuel you have once you reach your destination."

Stuff like that. Also, a career mode would be cool as well. I just think things like that would draw more of the casual crowd and maybe convince them into getting into the more sim like content.

Also, challenges with multiplayer could be tons of fun.

Anything like that?

Honestly, I wonder if they'll ever have the ability to run into the kind of anvil cloud that destroyed Air France 447. Maybe that would be considered not nice?

lefty1117

Gold Member
humans don't need any graphics settings above HIgh because the eyes cannot perceive beyond 24 fps on 1440p, Ultra settings are just a conspiracy by the video card manufacturers to get you to buy their equipment supplied by huawei

GriffinCorp

This game is looking amazing on PC. Does anyone think this is going to launch on Xbox One or Series X this year or will they try to give the PC a year head start?

nemiroff

Gold Member
Just ordered these babies just for FS 2020

Honeycomb Alpha flight yoke
l0dHxhB.png

Logitech Rudder Pedals
zV7kuOf.png

Also pre-ordered the HP Reverb G2 VR headset..................................... what's wrong with me......................

Last edited:

nikolino840

If this game doesn't get 95/100 on Metacritic that's the final proof of the corruption in gaming media.
70 becouse need a pc that no one have :D
And journalists can't try the game :D

An italian site have already said that there is a problem for make some gameplay streaming becouse is hard to play and stream in the same time becouse is heavy demanding for the hardware

Inviusx

70 becouse need a pc that no one have :D
And journalists can't try the game :D

An italian site have already said that there is a problem for make some gameplay streaming becouse is hard to play and stream in the same time becouse is heavy demanding for the hardware

Asobo have prohibited streaming and live plays during this early preview phase. Thats why no one is streaming.

nikolino840

Asobo have prohibited streaming and live plays during this early preview phase. Thats why no one is streaming.
That answer was given couple of days ago after a guy asked if after the release date there's some streaming days of FS on twitch (they have alredy tried the game)

Dr.Morris79

A question. My lad wants this game badly and to be honest, so do I but i'm on the fence..

Does anyone reckon the £109.99 edition is actually worth it?

Skyr

A question. My lad wants this game badly and to be honest, so do I but i'm on the fence..

Does anyone reckon the £109.99 edition is actually worth it?
If you are on the fence why don't you just get 10$ gamepass for a month and try it out?

Dr.Morris79

If you are on the fence why don't you just get 10$ gamepass for a month and try it out?
Wait, hang on..

This is on Gamepass? On the PC on the 18th of August? I have Gamepass on Xbox one...

Are you saying I can play this, on pc, using Gamepass??

amigastar

What i want to know is, will there be Helicopters in FS2020?
Is there anything announced yet?

Last edited:
A crazy stunt flight video in NYC. The first few seconds look legit like real life footage to me. When it started I was like "Ye I guess they want to compare it to real footage". But it actually was the game already. Nuts.

Holy freaking crap that is unbelievable... I was like, no way dawg, I'll def be able to tell... My jaw dropped.

Most next gen thing I've seen by a wide margin.

Freaking flight simulator.

Skyr

Holy freaking crap that is unbelievable... I was like, no way dawg, I'll def be able to tell... My jaw dropped.

Most next gen thing I've seen by a wide margin.

Freaking flight simulator.
I honestly was never fooled by a videogame like in the first few seconds of that video.

Later when he flys between the buildings it looks artificial again, which is I think mainly because of lack of window reflections and general model fidelity.

But man that lighting engine is impeccable.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This might be the game to push towards a series X. I want to play this with my proper surround sound in my living room vs a headset. Atmos support and ill cream my jeans.

I honestly was never fooled by a videogame like in the first few seconds of that video.

Later when he flys between the buildings it looks artificial again, which is I think mainly because of lack of window reflections and general model fidelity.

But man that lighting engine is impeccable.
And they haven't even added RT yet... I can't quite wrap my head around it really.

VFXVeteran

Banned
A crazy stunt flight video in NYC. The first few seconds look legit like real life footage to me. When it started I was like "Ye I guess they want to compare it to real footage". But it actually was the game already. Nuts.

Can you imagine how Spiderman would look if it had a city that detailed?

Can you imagine how Spiderman would look if it had a city that detailed?
Honestly, what I want to see from next gen other than greater texture variety, density, transitions and unique npc character models etc, is 1:1 scale environments. I don't know if Spiderman is or isn't as I haven't played it, but man, I just think 1:1 scale stuff would be stellar. For instance, actual 1:1 scale mountains in Skyrim would be freaking epic.

Top Bottom