• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

On my 660 TI at 1440p I was getting drops down to 25-30 in forest sections. One example, the forest bit to the left of the castle when going to Seahaven.

Probably the same place I'm thinking of. :p

Yes, that's the place. There's a couple of locations in that little plateau that caused slowdown at 60 but are smooth at 40. Very strange.

Currently I have axe and mace wielders as my two melee guys. Am I going to find weapons in those categories as incredible as that sword?

Shaldome

Currently I have axe and mace wielders as my two melee guys. Am I going to find weapons in those categories as incredible as that sword?

I found a relic axe which my defender used and I there is at least one mace as well. Are they as good as the quest sword? That depends what you are looking for.
Base damage wise I think every relic has as much as the highest available weapon you can find during the game. If the added bonuses are as good as the one from the sword, you have to decide for yourself.

The axe at level 4:

Durante

The crystal spider fight is pretty awesome. Clearly, some bosses are more boss-y than others (in terms of having intro animations and unique skills/mechanics).

Shaldome

The crystal spider fight is pretty awesome. Clearly, some bosses are more boss-y than others (in terms of having intro animations and unique skills/mechanics).

Yes, I think it was the best boss fight in the game.
When I finally reached him and he ported away after the next two rounds or so I was like "Seriously? Fuck that." At least you have a better time approaching him without getting shot to death from afar.

Cheech

Yeah, that was my favorite. That fight was super easy, if only you could get your party up there without getting pelted to death!

Arkeus

I agree, it's the best boss fight. That said I feel there should've been some "multi-enemy" bosses. A single boss, especially in late-game, is just way too easy. Either that or they should've tried a bit harder at making enemies unique. I think the lighthouse boss fight is a good example on adding aditional stipulations.

All the Act I bosses (Lighthouse, Den of thieves, Castle) are pretty damn well done. Sadly, from then on bosses are too 'slightly stronger than normal guy' type of bosses.

Zukuu

Banned
The only issue with that .xml fix is that the guard that blocks the path from the Castle Prometheyon(sp) to the town of Seahaven in the bridge will still remain there for the rest of your playthrough, no matter how far you progress in the storyline.

That means the only way to go between the Sorpigal and Seahaven areas is to use the horsey fast travel system, at least until you unlock other "shortcuts" between the areas via the Air Shard teleporters a bit further on in the game.

Can't I just re-modify the .xml after I finished elemental forge? :3

@but regarding Beacon.
Should I rather stay away from it then? Planned to place it into a town or something.

Durante

All the Act I bosses (Lighthouse, Den of thieves, Castle) are pretty damn well done. Sadly, from then on bosses are too 'slightly stronger than normal guy' type of bosses.
I didn't really get that feeling. The only bosses in the entire game so far which stand out as more "special" to me than all the others are the Lighthouse boss and the Crystal Spider.

@but regarding Beacon.
Should I rather stay away from it then? Planned to place it into a town or something.
I think you just shouldn't use it during battle.

Edit: now I understand what people meant earlier about fire elementals. Holy crap.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Has anyone had the monsters respawn on them? Not that I'm complaining, more xp

I beaconed into Karthal and step outside and all those guys respawned.

They are not supposed to, but it seems to be a bug with the Beacon spell.

Beacon is totally bugged and it happened to me multiple times to the point I stopped using it. The problem is if you port while on the main landmass into a town, and leave the town you'll instantly be in combat, the issue is the mobs you are in combat with could be all the way across the map, so you have to remember where you ported from and truck back there to fight the respawned mobs otherwise combat never ends and you can't interact with anything until it does.

Time Stop is also super bugged, but that you can fix by casting Time Stop again while next to the bugged out enemies.

kmfdmpig

Beacon is totally bugged and it happened to me multiple times to the point I stopped using it. The problem is if you port while on the main landmass into a town, and leave the town you'll instantly be in combat, the issue is the mobs you are in combat with could be all the way across the map, so you have to remember where you ported from and truck back there to fight the respawned mobs otherwise combat never ends and you can't interact with anything until it does.

Time Stop is also super bugged, but that you can fix by casting Time Stop again while next to the bugged out enemies.

Yikes. That sounds like a major pain in the ass. I'll be careful using it.

I wasn't in combat before beaconed or when I got out of town. Everything just respawned. I even went back to other areas and everything had respawned. It is somewhat a pain but easy xp.

KePoW

Banned
This is a great game and effort, but I wonder if the devs will support it with at least one patch.

There are definitely some bugs and polish that could be fixed up a bit.

AzureSky

Relentless (extra strike) weapons feel kind of broken, or at least way better compared to any other stat on a weapon. If you manage to get 2 of them on your dual wielding melee, the game is basically done. Also late game is sadly not as well balanced as early game, a well build party of lv15-18 should be enough for most of the encounters you can meet in the open world. There is not much you must come back later. I am at lv25 playing at warrior and did not feel the need to spend points for the last 5 or so levels.

Still, this is the most fun i had with an rpg in a long time. It feels completly different compared to other "modern" rpg's. The world is actually worth exploring and you remember parts of it, it doesnt feel generic. The map is not very big, but it feels like a world and not levels that are loosly chained together. I surprised to see how much they managed to cram into so little space. I mean 4(!) towns? Thats amazing.

I really hope there are devs that will take notes and build on this formula, this is how a turn based wrpg with open world should be done. And there is obviosly a market for this kind of games. MMXL was as silent no-advertisement launch of a game lauch as i have seen, and people still manage to notice and buy it.

KePoW

Banned
Do you guys think it would be manageable to play through entire game with 4 melee on Adventurer?

Or at least one spellcaster is recommended?

kmfdmpig

Do you guys think it would be manageable to play through entire game with 4 melee on Adventurer?

Without a healer that can resurrect it seems like it would be tough. What about either a Crusader or Runepriest (both fairly decent at melee, but with magic) instead?

Melee characters are great toward the end, but the lack of heal/fire attacks will make it tough going at first.

If you make a few of them hybrid classes, it's quite possible.

You can have someone like a Crusader be one of the classes and stack him/her with Spirit and focus on Warfare/Light Magic for group heals/resurrects.

Also have one class to cast support spells to uncover secrets/teleportation/purge enemies. Is there a melee class capable of Dark Magic/Primordial Magic? I'm not so sure.

Also need to have one capable of reducing enemy armor/evades to make your melees hit/hit harder via Earth Magic.

Mana management is gonna be a pain though since you do need to cast spells at times, and most melee classes don't have a good upper limit of Mysticism to fall back on. Warfare does provide mana but at only 2 points/level instead of the 5 points/level Mysticism provides you'll chugging down mana potions like there's no tommorow in the earlier levels.

KePoW

Banned
Without a healer that can resurrect it seems like it would be tough. What about either a Crusader or Runepriest (both fairly decent at melee, but with magic) instead?

Melee characters are great toward the end, but the lack of heal/fire attacks will make it tough going at first.

You could heal with the hireling for heals. The lack of resist magic is rough.

If you make a few of them hybrid classes, it's quite possible.

You can have someone like a Crusader be one of the classes and stack him/her with Spirit and focus on Warfare/Light Magic for group heals/resurrects.

Also have one class to cast support spells to uncover secrets/teleportation/purge enemies. Is there a melee class capable of Dark Magic/Primordial Magic? I'm not so sure.

Also need to have one capable of reducing enemy armor/evades to make your melees hit/hit harder via Earth Magic.

Mana management is gonna be a pain though since you do need to cast spells at times, and most melee classes don't have a good upper limit of Mysticism to fall back on. Warfare does provide mana but at only 2 points/level instead of the 5 points/level Mysticism provides you'll chugging down mana potions like there's no tommorow in the earlier levels.

Got it, thanks for the tips!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
God damn this game is so good. In Act 2 and I am just walking around everywhere. Great rewards for exploring and clearing out tough fights/dungeons/optional bosses. Starting to see the results of the party build that I made. Loving it.

kmfdmpig

God damn this game is so good. In Act 2 and I am just walking around everywhere. Great rewards for exploring and clearing out tough fights/dungeons/optional bosses. Starting to see the results of the party build that I made. Loving it.

The random exploration and finding little caves and relics is my favorite part as well. That was also something I quite liked about M+M 2 and M+M 4/5. Exploration always seems more fun in M+M games than in others.

Speaking of fun - there's something very enjoyable about the relic system. Every time a relic levels up I'm excited to see what changed. I haven't been this hooked on a PC game in many years.

Corpekata

Banned
I do wish there were more competing relics. About the only ones I've found are ones that compete with the Uplay rewards, so as far as stuff you find in game it's pretty limited.

Speaking of Uplay rewards, the hireling is kind of awful. All she gives is a short, powerful buff once a day. I guess okay for maybe bringing to a boss fight but a total waste of a slot generally.

Zukuu

Banned
What are your favorite companions anyway?

So far I only use the Chef. I dunno if you can use the hireling Healer (that can resurrect and heal hp and mana once a day) infight.

What are your favorite companions anyway?

So far I only use the Chef. I dunno if you can use the hireling Healer (that can resurrect and heal hp and mana once a day) in fight.

Chef and the 10% experience dude you get very early on in the 2nd town who's also a quest giver.

Chef's well rested bonus too damn good. +10% xp for no % loss of gold is too good to be given up. I ended up turning in his quest only near the end of the game lol.

spiritfox

Chef and the 10% experience dude you get very early on in the 2nd town who's also a quest giver.

Chef's well rested bonus too damn good. +10% xp for no % loss of gold is too good to be given up. I ended up turning in his quest only near the end of the game lol.

Treasure Hunter the best. And sexiest.

Zukuu

Banned
You can. I like that one and the one that sells you potions. Both let me go on reckless exploring binges for longer. :p

lol instalock then. Will be great for boss fights and difficult battles since that 1 turn where I can't heal / use the shield to drink a pot is often my doom.

The guard that let's you block 4 hits a 50% chance for free sounds also way too good.

Zukuu

Banned
The limit is that you get one res per battle. Which is more than enough by the time you meet that companion. I used it to res my light magic character whenever she was unexpectedly killed, which pretty much guaranteed survival.
Yep.

My current save is right in front of her since I wasn't sure I can use her infight. Will get her the first time I start the game again. Does she use "a turn" of the current character?

The limit is that you get one res per battle. Which is more than enough by the time you meet that companion. I used it to res my light magic character whenever she was unexpectedly killed, which pretty much guaranteed survival.

The main perk of having a Crusader/Paladin be your Light Magic character is that she just can't be killed (high magic resistance + armour values = win). Even if the rest of my glass cannon mages and dps melee were dead
(blast that Crystal Spider)
so long as I had mana pots, it'd just become another long and drawn out battle lol.

Durante

Speaking of Uplay rewards, the hireling is kind of awful. All she gives is a short, powerful buff once a day. I guess okay for maybe bringing to a boss fight but a total waste of a slot generally.
Yeah, she's really weak, one of the worst hirelings in the game. The buffs she casts aren't even particularly high-level. Archmage my ass :p

It's most likely much harder than doing it with spellcasters, but it should be possible -- after all, there's an achievement for it.

Isn't there also an achievement for reaching lvl 40? I did virtually everything (with only one +10% XP bonus though) and ended up at ~31.

DLC incoming. Ubi was waiting for the user response before putting it in, gotta fix all those outstanding issues with the game first. (like the bugs, performance etc.)

Ended up at 32 here. Also with just the one +10% XP dude.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
DLC incoming. Ubi was waiting for the user response before putting it in, gotta fix all those outstanding issues with the game first. (like the bugs, performance etc.)

Ended up at 32 here. Also with just the one +10% XP dude.

That guy and the woman who revives and heals your party are never leaving my party if I can help it.

desverger

Dammit, my Defender just can't die - I kind of stuck my nose somewhere where it didn't belong (tons of Ravenous Ghouls and Facehuggers), and it was hilarious how everyone in my party just faceplanted immediately, but my Defender was just happily standing there and taking it.

I could've even cleared the place if I wanted to, by just chugging healing potions and letting the enemies kill themselves with retaliation damage - and while it worked, I didn't really want to miss out on the EXP for my other characters :p

With that said, retaliation damage in this is kind of a new thing and also very powerful, I have +20 ret damage on almost every armor piece and landing a taunt with my Defender means a lot of pain to the enemy, if it's doing multiple melee attacks.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Man Act 2 is long I guess? I have been exploring the overworld for forever it seems like. Have 2 prestige class quests, found a few dungeons, cleared some optional bosses, a few mysterious crypts, found some tower packed with secrets and riddles, went from fearing the black marauders or whatever to destroying them and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting. Down in level 2 of the lost city right now when I realized it was 3AM and I have to go to work in a few hours :eek:

desverger

Man Act 2 is long I guess? I have been exploring the overworld for forever it seems like. Have 2 prestige class quests, found a few dungeons, cleared some optional bosses, a few mysterious crypts, found some tower packed with secrets and riddles, went from fearing the black marauders or whatever to destroying them and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting. Down in level 2 of the lost city right now when I realized it was 3AM and I have to go to work in a few hours :eek:

Well, it's not really that long if you *just* do the stuff for the main quest, but the thing is that the world opens up when Act 2 starts and there's just so many places to go and it's hard to resist that urge to explore and open up some map squares :p

kmfdmpig

Same. When I accidentally stumbled on his tower I reloaded and avoided it. I want that 10%.

spiritfox

If you get the stuck in combat bug and have a Druid Elder try casting Harmony. It took me out of combat when it happened to me.

Woo! I fixed my bug by using the Druid Elder's Harmony. Guess I need to be more careful with Spirit Beacon next time, which sucks since it's such a good skill.

Durante

Well, since I have Harmony, I guess I don't have to worry about the Spirit Beacon bug? I'd hate to limit my use of it since it's so convenient.

Act 2 is very long if you are the type to do everything you can (like me) -- but it doesn't feel like 3 is any shorter so far, a lot of additional stuff opens up with the elemental shards/blessings. I don't have any time tracking, but I feel like I've played this game more already than any single-player title in ages.

Moff

act 2 and 3 can have different lenghts, depending on how fast you follow the main quest I didt basically 80% of the game in act 2 and act 3 was only 1 dungeon for me.

Durante

Yeah, I only went back to the elemental forge in act 3, so I had/have a lot of new stuff to do. Still had a lot to do in act 2 as well though, exploring lots of the world map (almost everywhere where you don't need blessings) and Seahaven as well as The Crag. Now in act 3 it's Karthal and all the blessing locations.

Does anyone have (a link to) a list of weekdays and their associated shrines?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
There is a shrine that looks like a woman with several arms. When you use it, it takes away any previous party buffs and says that your party feels blessed.

What does that altar do?

Top Bottom