• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

Moff

There is a shrine that looks like a woman with several arms. When you use it, it takes away any previous party buffs and says that your party feels blessed.

What does that altar do?

it takes away all bad and good effects on your party

Durante

There is a shrine that looks like a woman with several arms. When you use it, it takes away any previous party buffs and says that your party feels blessed.

What does that altar do?
Those altars (there's more than one of them) basically just cast dispell. Most of the time, at least for me, that's not a blessing :p

Jag

Any recommendations on spell schools to take to GM? I have a Runepriest, Freemage and Crusader. Thinking about Earth and Fire for RP, not sure about Freemage. Heard Air is good, but how is Dark and Prime GM?

Arkeus

What does that altar do?

It casts dispel. You will note that those Altars are all placed near enemies that give poisons.

jrcbandit

Really love the game, but there are performance issues. I have a powerful computer and Menthil Coast is unplayable for me. I am using a Radeon R9 290X for the video card and a 4770K processor, running at 1440p...

Also, I ran into a bug with teleport spell. All the mobs in the main over-world/peninsula area respawned. Should give me an extra level or so at least.

Any recommendations on spell schools to take to GM? I have a Runepriest, Freemage and Crusader. Thinking about Earth and Fire for RP, not sure about Freemage. Heard Air is good, but how is Dark and Prime GM?
Earth is great to grandmaster for powerful Regen to completely replace Light for healing (plus Acid splash is nice). Prime is good for GM for Implosion, the spell really rocks at that point but very mediocre before that; however, this school was a 2ndary choice to max out for my Freemage, I did Air first (except I still haven't found the trainer....). Don't see the need to get Dark past Expert, you definitely want Expert level Purge. All I use Light for now is Resurrection when needed and occasionally Celestial Armor (not nearly as much as I used to it).

Moff

fire has some awsome spells, the runelords searing rune is the strongest damage spell in the game.
the others werent really worth it for new spells, but it makes all spells stronger so of course you should GM all schools you use often

Durante

Air is great, cheap damage and the incredibly abusable Cyclone. The only drawback is that quite a few enemies have pretty high resistance, still easily worth it though. I also heard Prime is pretty good, and you should take it to Master just for the utility anyway. Not a huge fan of Dark, bosses have too many immunities -- Purge is absolutely essential though (IMHO), but it's just expert level.

I'm probably going with Air (certainly, already have it up just missing the GM since I still need the promotion quest) and Prime.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Shoot, fire is almost essential for Burning Determination. That spell in the forges and the spectre castle is almost necessary

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dark is nice to have pumped up for dark ward. The last big chunk of the game is almost entirely against dark enemies and it helps alot to have that cranked.

Shoot, fire is almost essential for Burning Determination. That spell in the forges and the spectre castle is almost necessary
Those spectres are really annoying when you don't have anyone with fire magic in your party. You can buy scrolls for it, but they tend to run out quickly when you need them.

Jag

Thanks for the tips. I'll probably GM Fire and Air on my casters first. Tempted to Master Prime for the teleport, but I'm concerned about it bugging

Dark is nice to have pumped up for dark ward. The last big chunk of the game is almost entirely against dark enemies and it helps alot to have that cranked.

I like the fact that even if the spells in a skill don't work well against some enemies, at least the skill set has a fairly good benefit against those same enemies.

Zukuu

Banned
Thanks for the tips. I'll probably GM Fire and Air on my casters first. Tempted to Master Prime for the teleport, but I'm concerned about it bugging

I like the fact that even if the spells in a skill don't work well against some enemies, at least the skill set has a fairly good benefit against those same enemies.
Earth is a must imo. Cheap good, damage, best debuff in the game and best heal in the game.

LowerLevel

Dammit! You guys are making me want to buy this SO badly! There seems to be a mixed bag on the Steam forums and another site I frequent as to it being a buggy mess or something but if Durante is playing it... Daamn you people, my wallet!

Dammit! You guys are making me want to buy this SO badly! There seems to be a mixed bag on the Steam forums and another site I frequent as to it being a buggy mess or something but if Durante is playing it... Daamn you people, my wallet!

It is both a buggy mess and absolutely worth playing.

Durante

FWIW, I'm playing it more fervourously than I can remember playing any single player game released in 2013. It's not technical marvel, but gameplay wise and in the way that it recaptures the feeling of exploration and "one more square" of the Xeen titles it's above reproach.

vocab

It is both a buggy mess and absolutely worth playing.

Ya pretty much. First patch should clean up a lot of the bullshit.

FWIW, I'm playing it more fervourously than I can remember playing any single player game released in 2013. It's not technical marvel, but gameplay wise and in the way that it recaptures the feeling of exploration and "one more square" of the Xeen titles it's above reproach.

I don't play a lot of rpgs to completion because I get bored easily, and this is a game where I want to beat it because I'm having a good time with it.

This was Act 3 for me. I still did some exploring in Act 2 but I waited until I completed more of the Elemental Forge during Act 3 to be able to really explore the world, since I could travel over shallow water and use the teleporters scattered throughout the world.

Act 3 is your last opportunity to really explore before the endgame. The entirety of Act 4 is pretty much one big dungeon.

Ya same. My party was so damn weak in act 2. Druid was worthless, but now, it's a buffing support machine. Now I'm just out of control. Once my barb gets a good weapon it's pretty much over.

I can't complete the paladin quest right now because
I'm missing a stone fragment

Dr.-Who.gif

Arkeus

Y
I can't complete the paladin quest right now because
I'm missing a stone fragment

One is in the karthal slums (someone sells it to you), one is on the same level as the Act II Boss, and the first one i can't remember. I think in the elemental forge, though?

just got the bug where you become hostile stepping out of a town. Just finished the liberation quest and I wasn't hostile to anything before stepping out of the dungeon. I can't enter anything because I am hostile.

qq

guess I'll have to find an earlier save

Durante

just got the bug where you become hostile stepping out of a town. Just finished the liberation quest and I wasn't hostile to anything before stepping out of the dungeon. I can't enter anything because I am hostile.

qq

guess I'll have to find an earlier save
Do you have a druid elder? The Harmony spell reportedly fixes that.

Here's a link to the fix for the Jassad's Bestiary Quest which doesn't give you a reward apparently. There's a . instead of a , in a csv file which you need to edit, in notepad if you want, and save to fix the quest. I'm glad the thread turned up as i haven't finished the quest yet, loot! :)

Heads up about the relic dagger

AkuMifune

Banned
I'm just mad because that dagger would have helped my Ranger's melee in the final dungeon where he struggled to hold his weight. Rough!

Hope this game is selling well, I need more.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Hope this game is selling well, I need more.

Ubi will look at the success of the game and see the potential for huge profits. They will give the MMXI project to the Montreal studio, give them 100 million dollars and ask them to make the next Skyrim.

AzureSky

Here's a link to the fix for the Jassad's Bestiary Quest which doesn't give you a reward apparently. There's a . instead of a , in a csv file which you need to edit, in notepad if you want, and save to fix the quest. I'm glad the thread turned up as i haven't finished the quest yet, loot! :)

Heads up about the relic dagger

if the stats are true, this would have been a hell of an upgrade early game for
any caster or hybrid. Would probably even make ranger hybrid kind of interesting.
11-22 Damage
+17 fire damage
+ 8 spirit
+ 50 mana

Zukuu

Banned
is there any guide that features all the relics? :3

I cba about the dagger, but I want a relic spear so badly! D:
It's nice that spears also got a default bonus against big creatures / bosses.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
"Well first we had to get everything ported over to the anvilNEXT engine so, sadly, the tile based world had to go. The tiles weren't right for the new visceral, action packed combat we were implementing as well. In MMXI you play as a Apostle of Mightgic, someone who can use might and magic. Instead of a party you control one character who can carry up to 4 weapons at a time."

"Well first we had to get everything ported over to the anvilNEXT engine so, sadly, the tile based world had to go. The tiles weren't right for the new visceral, action packed combat we were implementing as well. In MMXI you play as a Apostle of Mightgic, someone who can use might and magic. Instead of a party you control one character who can carry up to 4 weapons at a time."

17CAE6D18885C54D403747E86EB74FF13EC67304_lis.jpg

if the stats are true, this would have been a hell of an upgrade early game for
any caster or hybrid. Would probably even make ranger hybrid kind of interesting.
11-22 Damage
+17 fire damage
+ 8 spirit
+ 50 mana

Too bad that by the time you actually get it, it'd be an absolute PITA to level it up to 4.

All I know is that when I turned in that quest, it was after the credits had rolled on the screen lol.

Arkeus

Too bad that by the time you actually get it, it'd be an absolute PITA to level it up to 4.

All I know is that when I turned in that quest, it was after the credits had rolled on the screen lol.

Iirc you are supposed to get it for the first turnover (E.G, the discover ten monsters).

desverger

Honestly, retaliation damage is all kinds of broken and funny in this one. I have my Dwarf Defender loaded up with ret damage items in every slot and I'm using the fire spell that also adds retaliation damage. Not to mention the retaliation strike I get from a successful block. The results:

Rainbow showers of damage!

Top Bottom