• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It's the sword you get for
doing the meteor quest from the smith in Seahaven
. Of all the relics I've found so far it's my favourite.

I guess I'll do that one after I finish list city. Bladedancer has shit weapons and he still is doing the most damage.

Durante

The last dungeon and battle just goes on and on and on. Piece of advice, get as much supplies and be prepared against feebleminded. Fortunately the game tells you when the last battle is, it just doesn't tell you it's essentially many, many levels of dungeons full of enemies before you meet the boss.

Sigh...I should've brought more supplies with me, but I'm not going to start again now that I'm at the last boss.
Feels good to already have permanent 100% feebleminded protection from items on both my primary casters!

vocab

I'm doing more on act 3. Cleared all of the orc stuff. I was super weak for that before now I steamrolled it.

If there's one issue I want them to fix besides the performance issues, it's the audio issues.

Lets see how many I ran into.

Battle music doesn't stop playing
Sounds don't play when selling stuff (sometimes).
Multiple audio tracks can overlap with another. I had the battle music, sorpical, and the craig music playing all at once.
Sometimes, when in a cave the voices are very distorted and sound really bad. I imagine this happens because of the three music tracks playing at the same time.

Corpekata

Banned
This talk of placeholder sounds makes me think I'm a little less crazy. I'm fairly certain some of the male Nagas say "For the Horde!" in a very Blizzard fashion, but it might be my imagination.

vocab

Finally got to act 3, I really did a lot in Act 2. I also have that "effing cray cray" sword now that Sinatar posted about a while ago. It's fabulous.

Does sword level ups increase the damage? What other bonuses have you gotten past level 1? I have a sword that does better damage than it, but something that gets better in the long run might be worth the damage decrease.

Corpekata

Banned
All relics increase in basic stats when fully leveled up so yeah you might want to wear it while fighting some trash mobs. Can always reequip the normal sword for tougher fights as I don't think there's any penalty for switching gear mid combat.

Corpekata

Banned
I heard the circus music on the lighthouse and thought like a gag monster had spawned. You know, those loot pinata monsters you see in a lot of games where you have to kill it fast and get the goodies? Thought I had just missed it.

Durante

Whew, just spent over 1 hour exploring every square of Karthal also turned 3 quests in.

Does sword level ups increase the damage? What other bonuses have you gotten past level 1? I have a sword that does better damage than it, but something that gets better in the long run might be worth the damage decrease.
Browse a few pages back, Sinatar posted a screenshot of the sword's final stats. It gets 9 of all elemental damage types. It's also really useful because a single hit will tell you everything about an enemy's elemental resistances and weaknesses.

Zukuu

Banned
I'm kinda stuck. I need to clear the lighttower but seem to get stuck on the 3rd level when 4(!) elite nagas attack me at once. I can barely manage two, but by no means 4. I killed EVERY creature that is available to me (except for the Dragon , Spectres and Cyclops) and did every side quest I can do (which weren't many). So I'm stuck on lvl 6 without any source of income to improve my gear or get exp. What to do? Playing on warrior.

Also, when should I use "Whispering Shadows" seems pointless to re-use it all the time as I haven't found anything so far. Are the secrets only in dungeons or on the world map as well? Any list where I can find them?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm kinda stuck. I need to clear the lighttower but seem to get stuck on the 3rd level when 4(!) elite nagas attack me at once. I can barely manage two, but by no means 4. I killed EVERY creature that is available to me (except for the Dragon , Spectres and Cyclops) and did every side quest I can do (which weren't many). So I'm stuck on lvl 6 without any source of income to improve my gear or get exp. What to do? Playing on warrior.

Did you clear the thieves den yet? It's a bit easier then the lighthouse and should net you a level or two.

also, there is a secret room right by the entrance on the 3rd level. Back yourself into that so you don't take on 4 at once

Zukuu

Banned
Did you clear the thieves den yet? It's a bit easier then the lighthouse and should net you a level or two.
Ah. I ventured in there but left right away since I thought I get a quest for it.

also, there is a secret room right by the entrance on the 3rd level. Back yourself into that so you don't take on 4 at once

So that's how secrets look like. Thanks. I broke the wall. Let's see if I can get passed them.

edit:
Thank you. That worked. And Poison Spray is ridiculous OP. Earth is by far the best magic class imo.

edit 2:
I managed to beat the boss at my level. Needed a few tries tho to figure him out. Almost lost by being one mana potion short. Glad that I had an elixier that could fill in.

edit:
Thank you. That worked. And Poison Spray is ridiculous OP. Earth is by far the best magic class imo.

Earth has some fantastic synergies with melee classes. Poison spray and the acid one reduces armor and evade so that your melee characters will not only hit, but also do a ton of damage. I have found my fire/earth runecaster switch roles from top damage dealer to support for my barb and shieldbearer as I've leveled. With all buffs from my two casters (water/dark/fire/earth) my melees can flat out attack dark elementals and get 1-5 return damage on 200+ dmg attacks.

Zukuu

Banned
My game is bugged out and doesn't let me fly to the Elemental Forge :X

fixed it by tweaking the .xml file for him. If anyone stumbles across this problem. Open LevDialog.xml and delete all lines that contain
privilegeID="1001" failState="DISABLED"
. Should be 4.

Arkeus

Ah. I ventured in there but left right away since I thought I get a quest for it.

You can get a quest for it. Also, there are at least 2/3 secret doors in Lighthouse, and another 2/3 in Den of thieves, and quite a few in the castle.

Oh, and one in the spider lair.

My game is bugged out and doesn't let me fly to the Elemental Forge :X

fixed it by tweaking the .xml file for him. If anyone stumbles across this problem. Open LevDialog.xml and delete all lines that contain . Should be 4.

The only issue with that .xml fix is that the guard that blocks the path from the Castle Prometheyon(sp) to the town of Seahaven in the bridge will still remain there for the rest of your playthrough, no matter how far you progress in the storyline.

That means the only way to go between the Sorpigal and Seahaven areas is to use the horsey fast travel system, at least until you unlock other "shortcuts" between the areas via the Air Shard teleporters a bit further on in the game.

Durante

That ambush at the start of
the second level of the Karthal sewers
is all kinds of fucked up. I was getting used to not really having any problems winning fights, and then that happens.
might-and-magic-x-legx8kcp.jpg

You can divide that ambush into two parts by pulling the enemies with a ranged attack. I used the bow with my ranger.
First I took out the Facehuggers and the boss. The Elite Spiders appear when you take another step forward.

Durante

You can divide that ambush into two parts by pulling the enemies with a ranged attack. I used the bow with my ranger.
First I took out the Facehuggers and the boss. The Elite Spiders appear when you take another step forward.
Ah, I thought it was set up to be one fight. That would have been much easier. The combination of
3 Facehuggers + boss draining your mana and 4 elite spiders hacking away from you at the sides
is, well, pretty challenging.

Arkeus

Ah, I thought it was set up to be one fight. That would have been much easier. The combination of
3 Facehuggers + boss draining your mana and 4 elite spiders hacking away from you at the sides
is, well, pretty challenging.
It is pretty much a regular thing in this game that a fight that's next to impossible has a 'obvious' trick that lets you divide the enemy force in two or so on.

The most obvious example is in Lighthouse lvl3, where you can find a secret door to hide in.

Durante

It is pretty much a regular thing in this game that a fight that's next to impossible has a 'obvious' trick that lets you divide the enemy force in two or so on.

The most obvious example is in Lighthouse lvl3, where you can find a secret door to hide in.
Yeah, I did just that in the Lighthouse, but back then my party wasn't powerful enough to just somehow muddle through anyway (that was my first try on the fight, if I had died I'd probably have tried a smarter approach).

Moff

after finishing on adventurer, I restarted on warrior
just did the lighthouse, and the view up there over the whole island just remindet me how wonderful this game was.
for the sequel I really wouldnt want to thange them anything, just more of everything, a whole huge world, more classes, more prestige classes etc.

for my warrior run I switched out my defender for a barbarian, and I intend to not spend any points in perception at all, isntead I will exploit the unstobbale assault warfare skill, so I'm boosting spirit for all my 4 characters in the beginning, works like at charm so far.

spiritfox

I have a bug where whenever I go into the main map, I get into battle mode but there's nothing to fight. Now I can't do anything if I leave the towns.

edit: Where's the save file?

I have a bug where whenever I go into the main map, I get into battle mode but there's nothing to fight. Now I can't do anything if I leave the towns.

Try CTRL+R, i think, to reset the battle mode, that sometimes helps i've read.
Savegames are in your Program Files\Ubiplay folder not MyDocuments.

spiritfox

Try CTRL+R, i think, to reset the battle mode, that sometimes helps i've read.
Savegames are in your Program Files\Ubiplay folder not MyDocuments.

Nope, doesn't work. Seems like it's an issue with Spirit Beacon according to the official forums. Oh well, I'll wait till they fix it or something.

Raggie

after finishing on adventurer, I restarted on warrior
just did the lighthouse, and the view up there over the whole island just remindet me how wonderful this game was.
for the sequel I really wouldnt want to thange them anything, just more of everything, a whole huge world, more classes, more prestige classes etc.

I think a lot of design choices were made mostly due to time and budget constraints, so if Limbic could make a sequel and had the budget for it, I have no doubt it would have more of everything with more polish.

I know this sort of stuff is rarely discussed in public, but I'd just love to know what Ubi thinks of the MMX sales. Is it making a profit or not?

spiritfox

And now you see the folly of your ways. Multiple saves are a must for classically-styled games.

Well, most of the time the game does not break >.<

I like having one save, it makes your decisions permanent. But then again, I haven't played a game that really punishes you for making a wrong decision. Anyway, this is not a bad decision, it's a bug.

Lol, got back to playing for the first time in a few days and got knocked off the lighthouse. Hilarious, although it's a bit unfair we couldn't do that to the enemies.

I know this sort of stuff is rarely discussed in public, but I'd just love to know what Ubi thinks of the MMX sales. Is it making a profit or not?

For a low budget release like this? Absolutely. This was definitely a test release by Ubisoft to gauge the demand for a game like this, and the userbase has responded positively.

Just check out the Steam players game stats page. The numbers have been steady at around 5-6k daily since the game was released.

They've probably sold more copies of this game for the PC than they've sold copies of ACIII, ACIV and Splinter Cell combined for the Wii U lol.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Well, most of the time the game does not break >.<

I like having one save, it makes your decisions permanent. But then again, I haven't played a game that really punishes you for making a wrong decision. Anyway, this is not a bad decision, it's a bug.

Yeah, this was a bug. But there will be places you may venture into where you simply cannot win and ambushes happen often. It's one thing to play hardcore, it's another to throw away hours and hours of progress.

But it's your game!

misho8723

Banned
Ok, it's a fun game.. im enjoying my time with it - but man this Unity engine is a piece of fucking garbage ! .. i can run the last Metro, Witcher 2, Battlefield 3, Batman games, and many other games just fine with almost everything on max, but this game? the loading times are very long (sometimes 45 s.), but ok, i can take that, but if such a game that looks like this, runs at 15 fps most of the time (Seaheven), then you know that something is wrong with the engine

Durante

I really wonder if I have a magical PC, or if this game just has a particularly unique load profile. I can run it at maxed settings / 1440p on my 660ti, and in the very worst areas I get 35 FPS.

I was forced to drop down my resolution from 900p to 720p after I finished Act 1 just to maintain 30 FPS with the other settings kept to the same ones. Could still keep the Texture Quality to the Highest possible though, no performance effects there.

Other than that I have no complaints about the performance considering I'm running this on a 4.5 year old laptop with a Core 2 Duo/ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 combo that shouldn't be running any modern games at all. Oh, other than the 1-1.5 minutes it takes to load new areas at times. And the excessive RAM/VRAM consumption for a game that does not look like it should warrant it at all.

I mean (for comparison purposes) Metal Gear Rising looks infinitely superior to this game in terms of the character models and the assets drawn on the screen, and yet it only ever consumes a paltry 500-600 MB of RAM and half of that in VRAM. I suppose the lower res (console) textures contribute to that though. It also runs at 60 FPS all the time too with the same rendering resolution.

V_Arnold

I really wonder if I have a magical PC, or if this game just has a particularly unique load profile. I can run it at maxed settings / 1440p on my 660ti, and in the very worst areas I get 35 FPS.

Do you happen to have a 2gb GPU? Asset swapping seems to be the killer there, and the usual size for normal, non-highend GPU's is still 1gb.

Do you happen to have a 2gb GPU? Asset swapping seems to be the killer there, and the usual size for normal, non-highend GPU's is still 1gb.

I have a 4 GB GTX670 and at max the framerate still often stutters and will dip into the 40s at random. This is at 1920x1200

I set the max FPS to 40 in the configs and the game has been smooth since then. It was at 60 and i'd get stuttering at strange times like walking through 4 trees by the river near Castle Portmeyron.

Now i have to survive an ambush by some boss scrote and 4 bloody elite archer bandits surrounding me. They creamed me last night :(

I love my party but i have a horrible feeling i have to restart and respec :(

Zafir

On my 660 TI at 1440p I was getting drops down to 25-30 in forest sections. One example, the forest bit to the left of the castle when going to Seahaven.
I set the max FPS to 40 in the configs and the game has been smooth since then. It was at 60 and i'd get stuttering at strange times like walking through 4 trees by the river near Castle Portmeyron.
Probably the same place I'm thinking of. :p

Arkeus

To unbreak your game, you need to come back to the place you used spirit beacon from and finish killing the enemies there.

As long as it's not behind a air portal it should be quite doable.

Top Bottom