• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Boogiepop

Call C is pretty easily the best of those there. Honestly a little upset they killed off pink haired call but left Roll Call as an option. :(

I don't think the handheld or the next-gen stretch goals will be reached. They may eventually get around to those versions (depending on licensing fees or w/e), but I don't see that happening in the couple days left.

They're gaining nearly $10,000 an hour right now, and that pace will only increase over the next couple days.

Psxphile

Looks like they're aiming for the pony vote on C. lol

E is too good. Straight up Panty & Stocking-esque design + that uniform. But not very robot-like. But it's the various expressions that sell it. But I'm already endeared to the F design. What do?

graywords

Call C is pretty easily the best of those there. Honestly a little upset they killed off pink haired call but left Roll Call as an option. :(

C was probably a close third for me. The weapons/sidekicks were interesting, and I liked the centaur merger idea. But it just had too much sailor vibe for me.

A and D are the best for sure, I hope one of them gets into the second round.

Also, it seems that the physical-copy addons have helped give it a boost, even above the usual late gains... very nice, might make more of those higher tiers now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
B really is adorable which is why I made it into an avatar for whoever wants it.

AJu2X2E.png

I haven't decided which I like best yet.
She looks like one of the chipettes

Azure J

I like A, E, F, and I.

Edit: Voted E. Seeing them all together on the site made it too easy. The Yoh Yoshinari in that one is too good to pass up on.

Rhapsody

Banned
E is too good. Straight up Panty & Stocking-esque design + that uniform. But not very robot-like. But it's the various expressions that sell it. But I'm already endeared to the F design. What do?

I was trying to deny that E looked like that to prevent it from tempting me.

Honestly it's looking like E or F for me. F just looks nice while E's great for not looking like Roll.

F might look better in terms of actually playing though for that co-op, but who knows.

weevles

I chose F. I think her general look works with Beck's design the best, although I would've preferred to be able to combine the elements of the other designs into it to make it a little more unique.

The face and general look though seems to be the most like what I think Beck's companion should be.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like they're aiming for the pony vote on C. lol

Yeah, E & B are giving me huge P&S design vibes, which is probably why I like them. I feel like as much as I like F, I'm not gonna vote for it because it gives too much of a Roll vibe, which I think I wanna stay away from. Also decided against I because it's a nice design, but not really "navigator" in my eyes.

I dig all the tech stuff that B can make appear out of her head/hair, but I like the expressions shown for E.....Maybe Inafune will be awesome & make it so the top 3 are all in the game someway.

For those having trouble deciding: Think about which Call would look best with a katana and boomerang in the sequel
Give B a katana & you really DO have a robot version of Stocking.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This is a tough one! Definitely leaning toward A, E, or F.

A would be a cute match for Beck, but the hair plugs are a bit overkill. Love the art style.
B is a bit too anime for my tastes.
C is way too creepy. Would fit better in a Mighty No. X.
D looks like Wily's daughter.
E is a great design, and the little emotions give her a ton of character.
F is probably the safest bet. Most of the awesome fan art has been her design, and it really complements the style (and that Rush-esque dog!).
G is...well. It's something.
H is a bit too plain. Would fit better in a Mighty No.9 Powered Up.
I seems a bit too anime as well. Would fit better in a Mighty No. 9 EXE.

Let's be honest, after snakepixel's awesome fan art F is the most likely choice.
4Q0B2yz.jpg

chrono01

Go go E!

MyTprjq.jpg

How can you look at pouty face E Call and say no.
The pouty face, while adorable, isn't exactly fitting since she's supposed to be more serious than Beck with no human emotions. Therefore she shouldn't get upset/frustrated/happy/etc.

I'm kind of wishing I went with I now. I'm sure F will make it through, and while I love her design, I want to see I given a chance to win. She's similar to Beck, given the design on her legs, and look to be deadpan in personality which fits her description. If I had to guess, Inafune-san created design I [or F].

I know E and F will definitely make it through to the last round of votes, but I'm fearful for I. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
From what I understand, IP logging is a super easy thing to get around. :/
Who cares though? Backers will get final say any way.

The top three most popular designs based on this open-to-the-public vote between now and the end of our Kickstarter campaign will be announced as part of our livestream around 5:30pm PST on Tuesday, Oct. 1 -- right at the end of our Kickstarter! Those three designs will be colored and refined for another round of backer-only voting on our (by then) new Mighty No. 9 official forums, due to go up sometime in late October or early November!

For those having trouble deciding: Think about which Call would look best with a katana and boomerang in the sequel
I'm thinking about which Call I want hot girls to cosplay as. :p

Portugeezer

From what I understand, IP logging is a super easy thing to get around. :/

It is, but some ISP's do still use static IP addresses which only change over time (few days maybe), not every time you turn off/on your router.

But I guess if you really cares you could use some proxy software and whatnot, but most people won't be doing that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that I think about it, how exactly is Call suppose to play, considering she's now playable in challenge co-op? Just a reskin of Beck, or different weapon? I think that might sway my opinion a bit.

Tusk

I almost went for A. :p That one depressed expression is so cute. Though, the hair design pushes me away from it. Then nearly went for E, was surprised by it. Looks so good. Decided to go with F as I originally planned on doing, though. Since F would look best with Beck.

SkyOdin

I voted C. While a bunch of them are good, I like the idea of a Call with a gimmick. Having a simple robot girl is a little boring next to how crazy every other robot in Mighty No. 9 is. G was my second choice for that same reason. I don't really mind F though, as long as they give her a hairstyle other than a blonde ponytail. I kinda miss the pink-haired version from earlier though.

Judging by the greyscale in the designs we are voting on, they don't seem to want color choice to be swaying people's opinions. Heck, color palette might be something to vote on later.

rinemy

Banned
I really wished they moved the XB1 and PS4 stretch goals up.
I'm not supporting until I get some confirmation about a release for those systems.

By spring 2015 most of us won't even be playing 360's and PS3's

chrono01

I voted C. While a bunch of them are good, I like the idea of a Call with a gimmick. Having a simple robot girl is a little boring next to how crazy every other robot in Mighty No. 9 is. G was my second choice for that same reason. I don't really mind F though, as long as they give her a hairstyle other than a blonde ponytail. I kinda miss the pink-haired version from earlier though.

Judging by the greyscale in the designs we are voting on, they don't seem to want color choice to be swaying people's opinions. Heck, color palette might be something to vote on later.
Color choices [after design is finalized] is supposedly a later poll.

KoopaTheCasual

I'm pretty bummed the purple hair Call didn't make it to this preliminary vote. She was by far my favorite. She had her own unique identity away from Roll, but she had a similar charm to her. Oh wells =/

Liked E and H the best, ended up voting for H. I really like its simplicity. It also kind of gave me some Astro Boy and Cyborg 009 vibes for some reason, and that's cool.

Top Bottom