• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, it's the skullgirls voting all over again.
I don't know, the chance to vote on a new heroine based on 9 different designs which were approved by Inafune for a game that barely has any work done at the moment where fans are allowed to help make the game possible reminds me of something else.

Think I'm finally gonna go with B, since while I really like E & barely missed the 1st place mark, B looks more like she'd be able to help Beck more in co-op with all the tech built into her. Though I'd totally be fine with E or F should they win.

batfax

Yeah, I gotta say H is very much a "classic" design. I think it'd be fitting for Call to be more like that since she's supposed to be a "regular" robot.

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
I really wished they moved the XB1 and PS4 stretch goals up.
I'm not supporting until I get some confirmation about a release for those systems.

By spring 2015 most of us won't even be playing 360's and PS3's

I don't know if it's an option for you(i.e. if you won't be able to check the pledge amount on the last day), but you can change/remove your pledge amount if it looks like it won't reach the next-gen console goals (although it's a pretty crappy thing to do IMO).

mjc

I don't know if it's an option for you(i.e. if you won't be able to check the pledge amount on the last day), but you can change/remove your pledge amount if it looks like it won't reach the next-gen console goals (although it's a pretty crappy thing to do IMO).

I think that's alright to do. There won't be many gamers actually waiting for this game on 360/PS3 in 2015. That's firmly next-gen time for consoles. I might pull my backing out too before its done if it doesn't reach next gen systems.

chrono01

Is there supposed to be a live-stream going on with Inafune-san playing Mega Man games?

I thought I heard something about it being mentioned earlier.

Busaiku

The Call poll update only mentions a livestream on Tuesday at 5:30 PM PST, doesn't specify what besides announcing the final Call design.

chrono01

The Call poll update only mentions a livestream on Tuesday at 5:30 PM PST, doesn't specify what besides announcing the final Call design.
Oh, I had thought there was another live-stream today. I guess I was mistaken.

Thanks for the update! I'll definitely be watching to see which three made it to the next round of votes [E and F are pretty much a guarantee at this point, though].

Ravek

Banned
I think that's alright to do. There won't be many gamers actually waiting for this game on 360/PS3 in 2015. That's firmly next-gen time for consoles. I might pull my backing out too before its done if it doesn't reach next gen systems.

So something that wasn't guaranteed at the beginning, something that wasn't originally planned is your reason for possibly pulling out? Makes a lot of sense.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm getting stalked. :p

gQQ3ldS.png

casmith07

The co-op stretch goal based on the most likely version most will purchase will dictate which version I spring for.

Unless co-op is cross platform. That would be fricken epic.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh man I don't know which Call to vote for.

Edit: F seems like best counterpoint to Beck, but A easily has the best charm about her. Which oneeeee....

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Ended up going with F too. E should be a strong contender though!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is the only time when giving someone an F is the right and good thing to do.
After considering their details for her, I think F is not a good choice. F just seems like a female version of Beck, which she is not supposed to be. A is more unique and I find her design very charming and well in line with the art they have shown thus far without being too straight-up anime. She has a lot of potential as an iconic character.

Instro

100k over the next day maybe, probably less, after that it will taper off down into the sub 50k range until the final few days.

I would say it will pull in about another million over the next ~22 days prior to the final push in the last 3-4 days. Could do bigger numbers if they have some really interesting/fun stretch goals.

I have to say I did pretty well on this prediction.

Mulgrok

I can see it now.....

Penny Arcade making a strip joking about the 'call girl' in Mighty no. 9. It will be hilarious and the ensuing flames will be so heartwarming.

I dunno why I really like all of the enemy designs so far, but I'm just not that wild about the designs of the main characters.

A and E would be my only choices.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, didn't notice the support character goal earlier. Maybe the 2nd place design in that Call survey could be used for the support character?

& cool to see we're now past $2.75 million.

Fireblend

Banned
Huh, didn't notice the support character goal earlier. Maybe the 2nd place design in that Call survey could be used for the support character?

& cool to see we're now past $2.75 million.

Pretty sure this is a Rush-like character we're talking about here, not another humanoid.

I just have this feeling that everyone really passionate about this project front-loaded this KS and it won't spike towards the end. I'm usually wrong though, so hopefully that will hold true once again. Really would like to see this on more systems.

Top Bottom