• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

And people were thinking the PS4/XBONE was a hopeless cause. It's sped up pretty good these last few days(almost seems like 100,000+ per day). Doesn't seem so long ago that it was on 2.4 million, and now we're nearing 2.8.

Busaiku

And people were thinking the PS4/XBONE was a hopeless cause. It's sped up pretty good these last few days(almost seems like 100,000+ per day). Doesn't seem so long ago that it was on 2.4 million, and now we're nearing 2.8.

It was about $40,000 the last 2 days, today it's already over $120,000.
People just don't know how Kickstarters work.

I thought a lot of those would be people upgrading to physical tier, which may still be the case, but it also has a lot more backers today too.

clem84

Gold Member
Is there a reason why they won't put the game on a 360 disc or a PS3 disc? I would love a physical copy but not for PC/Mac/Linux. This is the only thing holding me back.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The $120 pledge with the printed art book/strategy guide will include the previous tiers rewards right?

qq more

I just have this feeling that everyone really passionate about this project front-loaded this KS and it won't spike towards the end. I'm usually wrong though, so hopefully that will hold true once again. Really would like to see this on more systems.

It's already spiking. It hit $131k today compared to 50k yesterday and 20-40ish last week

Mulgrok

Has there been any clickbait articles about how Mighty no. 9 is another example of the patriarchy oppressing women by naming the female protagonist 'call girl'?

Get on this breaking news Kotaku and RPS!

Busaiku

The $120 pledge with the printed art book/strategy guide will include the previous tiers rewards right?

Yes, except for the physical disc or USB drive.
Keep in mind that none of the reward tiers on the Kickstarter page include the physical disc or USB drive.

Either of those costs an additional $26 or $36 respectively,

Xater

Is there a reason why they won't put the game on a 360 disc or a PS3 disc? I would love a physical copy but not for PC/Mac/Linux. This is the only thing holding me back.

Because pressing discs is expensive and on top of that you have to pay license fees.

KoopaTheCasual

Yes! At this rate, a PS4 version seems like a definite possibility! This is my first time tracking a big Kickstarter, so I was unfamiliar with these crazy final stretch spikes. Pretty happy right now.

RM8

I had ignored this for a while.

3DS and Vita stretch goals OMG :D

We're absolutely not going to reach them, though :( So... in the end I wish I hadn't noticed, lol.

I had ignored this for a while.

3DS and Vita stretch goals OMG :D

We're absolutely not going to reach them, though :( So... in the end I wish I hadn't noticed, lol.

DkfUAG1.png

UraMallas

My good friend is in a band called The Protomen and they are looking at possibly (it's a long shot, from what he says) getting on the soundtrack to Mighty No. 9. Anyway, here is a photo my friend took of Inafune and some of the members of his band. Unfortunately, he had to take the pic.

IXeoq9Kl.jpg

The Hounds -- The Protomen

After listening to the Mightycast No. 4, I was surprised to hear that 8-4 was only going to be involved during the Kickstarter. I thought they were doing PR and localization for the game and taking care of the message boards and stuff. I would really like to see them keep on being involved with the community side of the project. They've done such a great job with the podcast and stuff. They did the Twitter too, right? I would really like to see the Mightycast turn into a monthly podcast during the development of the game, just to answer questions and go over whatever news regarding the game. Maybe do some more developer interviews too?

TheBera

My good friend is in a band called The Protomen and they are looking at possibly (it's a long shot, from what he says) getting on the soundtrack to Mighty No. 9. Anyway, here is a photo my friend took of Inafune and some of the members of his band. Unfortunately, he had to take the pic.

Holy shit! I'd die from happiness if The Protomen manage to make even only one song for the MN9 OST! I really hope something will happen!

IXeoq9Kl.jpg

The Hounds -- The Protomen

That look on Infune's face! LOL

Also, that guy on the right almost has a Monster Energy M on his face.

So if TPP did throw 900K into the bank of Inafune, outside of the " kickstarter " program, then they have already reached the Vita stretch goal.

Cool, I love games. Put more of them on Vita. Lots of them.

I know what needs to happen. Capcom needs to make a freakin MH4 on Vita kickstarter. That would be something to see.

sajj316

Any chance Sony moneyhats this to Vita if they don't make the stretch goal? Seems like the perfect game for a handheld...

Hope so. Shahid did bring this up during the EGX presentation. If it was an unrealistic stretch goal, I wouldn't have even mentioned. I would hope Sony funds the difference it would take to bring to the Vita!!

clem84

Gold Member
Because pressing discs is expensive and on top of that you have to pay license fees.

Then they could make the pledge higher. I don't think that, for the people who pay 250$ or more, asking for a 360 or PS3 physical copy is asking too much.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Current situation

2,750,225 on KS as of 14:56 a.m. GMT
54,395 on PayPal as of 7:01pm PST Fri, 9/27

Total = 2,804,620 $

695,380 to go for 3DS and Vita SKUs.

Xater

Then they could make the pledge higher. I don't think that, for the people who pay 250$ or more, asking for a 360 or PS3 physical copy is asking too much.

Small print runs of anything are expensive as hell. It's just not feasible, especially in 2015.

Top Bottom