• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

....Not excited about a handheld port being a stretch goal. Perhaps if the game is proven to be successful, then we can talk. I really don't see the purpose right now. 4 platforms is enough for a new game. That is just asking for trouble IMO....

The 3DS is the #1 selling platform in both North America and Japan, and has been for a while now. It seems to me like not doing it is asking for trouble.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
The 3DS is the #1 selling platform in both North America and Japan, and has been for a while now. It seems to me like not doing it is asking for trouble.

There's a reason why they saved it for late in the campaign and priced it so high . . .

Even if they don't make the goal, they can still announce a 3DS version as a "thank you" for all the support, claim they received extra funding, found cost savings, etc. The stretch goals are designed to maximize contributions, not serve as a binding limitation on future platforms or as a reliable indicator of what Feature X costs. A 3DS version at the end of the rainbow is a helluva lot more likely to generate revenue than a Wii U version or a documentary.

voted for I design
voting_for_mighty_no__9s_second_playable_characte_by_shadow2810-d6oc2g8.png

There's a reason why they saved it for late in the campaign and priced it so high . . .

Even if they don't make the goal, they can still announce a 3DS version as a "thank you" for all the support, claim they received extra funding, found cost savings, etc. The stretch goals are designed to maximize contributions, not serve as a binding limitation on future platforms or as a reliable indicator of what Feature X costs. A 3DS version at the end of the rainbow is a helluva lot more likely to generate revenue than a Wii U version or a documentary.

Yep, I'm sure that was a big part of their thinking. Just responding to the notion that it was somehow pointless or a bad idea.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's over 2,800,000 now, and this just by counting KickStarter funds, without the total amount from Pay Pal.

I say meh to all of those. Should've brought back this design from MML3:

FAWLesP.png

She failed the vote in MML3, why would she succeed in MN9?

Roll-call or bust! Also wow 2.8mil is pretty damn good with 3 days left.

(edit) giving it a second look over, I'd also accept design E. She seems to have more of an attitude (in a good way)... but it will always be Roll-call first for me.

Ravek

Banned
To those who care and want to play a hypothetical game: if money wasn't an issue how much money would you contribute?

Personally, I would give $9999. Why not the 10k? Because I'm a picky eater and wouldn't want to be disrespectful.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
To those who care and want to play a hypothetical game: if money wasn't an issue how much money would you contribute?

Personally, I would give $9999. Why not the 10k? Because I'm a picky eater and wouldn't want to be disrespectful.
If money wasn't an issue I would get one of each of the limited tiers along with the physical disc and both of the USB sticks. As it is, I'm just sitting at the HC art book right now.

KoopaTheCasual

Wow, at the rate this Kickstarter is going, handheld versions seems like a foregone conclusion. Was it like 100k in the past 12 hours? And we're still 24 hours from the 2 days countdown. Hype!

RM8

Guiiise, I want to remove my pledge.

So I can pledge via PayPal :D It makes absolutely no difference, right? Also, by pledging exactly $51 am I automatically getting my digital and physical version, right?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Any news on the paypal numbers?

Latest is the $54,395 at 7PST last night.

Currently at $2,837,356 on Kickstarter.

We're looking at $2,891,751 total.

I'm guessing there is more paypal money that hasn't been updated so probably close to the next stretch goal, if it hasn't been reached already. (They haven;t announced it has so I'm guessing not just yet.)

Do you guys think it will reach the ps4/xbox one stretch goals? These kickstarters seem to always end in a spike.

Even if it doesn't, which I think it will, given the spikes they get the last few days, I would expect it to be there regardless if they reach it or not.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hah.

Figures as soon as I post the new total rolls in. :p

One more hidden stretch goal, hope that is revealed soon.
Hoping for single player Call mode

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Made this coloring because I don't get the association with Panty when the eye shape, hair dual colors, and head shape all resemble Stocking more.
asVCYQp.png

RM8

3DS version just has to happen. 3DS will be in 2015 what DS was in 2010, basically an active system with a pretty big user base that really digs classic side scrollers.

todd360

3DS version just has to happen. 3DS will be in 2015 what DS was in 2010, basically an active system with a pretty big user base that really digs classic side scrollers.

Nah everyones gonna be busy. Over 600 Pokemon to catch takes a lot of time brah. Lol

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
You can't customize the reward right? I just want the physical art book and the game but I do not want to pledge $120 there for so many other unnecessary stuffs ..

Fireblend

Banned
Woohoo intro goal reached! Well, even if the nextgen/portable stretch goals are reached I'm thinking I'll go for a Steam copy of the game (and maybe double dip for 3DS later) so I'll be set as soon as we get to the next stretch goal :D we're definitely reaching the ng consoles goal though. Who has the nay sayers quotes/screenshots ready for the wall of shame? :p

Ravek

Banned
Woohoo intro goal reached! Well, even if the nextgen/portable stretch goals are reached I'm thinking I'll go for a Steam copy of the game (and maybe double dip for 3DS later) so I'll be set as soon as we get to the next stretch goal :D we're definitely reaching the ng consoles goal though. Who has the nay sayers quotes/screenshots ready for the wall of shame? :p

You'd have to find a MIGHTY big wall....

Busaiku

Who has the nay sayers quotes/screenshots ready for the wall of shame? :p
We can get started now.
I fear $900,000 is just too much. I don't think it will make it.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I suspect it won't reach the $2,5m stretch goal, so I might aswell back out from this project. I would rather play this game on consoles and I am trying to be very cautious to not double dip lately.

Yikes. Yeah, I don't see that happening.

will not support because he make the last stretch goal the Consoles ver.

And it's impossible to reach 2.5 millon !!!

It's only on $493,111 now, never going to get to play this.

My projections:

$1.1mil (+300k) today
$1.3mil (+200k) tomorrow
+25k-40k everyday until day 28
+80-90k last 2 days

Ending up with around $2.3mil total.

I don't think 2.3m is possible. If it goes anywhere near that then a lot more people will join in for the console versions. It will either end up well below 2m, which is highly unlikely, or it will push to above 2.5m.

I think the $2.5M stretch goal for console versions is a big time stretch at this point. Fortunately it'll be on Mac, Linux, and Windows.

I'm calling it now. It will reach 2.750 "Beck and Call online co-op challenge mode". The rest won't happen. Things are slowing down more and more everyday. There will be a surge at the end sure but not enough to reach 2.9. I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom