• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Instro

Well you need 3.5 mil to get there, and if you're just counting from stretch goal to stretch goal, that's still 200,000 more than Shantae is charging to get on all platforms, no?
Well, stretch goals are not related to monetary costs. They are what a developer is comfortable offering as an incentive for more money pledged. On top of that Shantae appears to be much farther into development, and I'm pretty sure they already have a wider array of Dev kits.

quick question, does everything in the $60 all digital tier get included in $60+shipping physical box tier?

edit: also does physical box version include game on disc or is it still digital

double editL nevermind just saw the reward chart

I'm in the same boat - I'm actually thinking of upping my pledge to get the physical versions. Can't resist that NES cart USB stick! :D (Yes, even tho I'm on the team, I'm pledging like everyone else. This is too exciting not to support!)

Thanks everyone - we can do this! :D

Man I'm really torn on the USB stick. I can't decide which one to get. I kinda want both. May be I should drop the physical disc and get two USB sticks... So torn.... Getting all three is probably too much.

john tv

Man I'm really torn on the USB stick. I can't decide which one to get. I kinda want both. May be I should drop the physical disc and get two USB sticks... So torn.... Getting all three is probably too much.
I'm coming up with ridiculous ways of justifying the added costs. Kinda like I used to do when I had to save up money for NES carts as a kid, LOL. For this one, basically it's over a year a way...so I'm like, if I put aside $5 a month, in the end, I won't even notice it's gone... Haha.

I'm coming up with ridiculous ways of justifying the added costs. Kinda like I used to do when I had to save up money for NES carts as a kid, LOL. For this one, basically it's over a year a way...so I'm like, if I put aside $5 a month, in the end, I won't even notice it's gone... Haha.

Heh, I've been trying to justify it somehow. I already started out at the $250 level, so adding $62 was a bit of a push, but man adding one more would put me at $350 almost. If they weren't collecting payment in the next 50 hours or so, I probably would, but between this, the PS4 launch, the Xbox One launch and possibly me also going for an iPad Mini when it's announced in October, that's an expensive two months =) Timing is just bad relative to all that other stuff, but man I sure do want both of those USB sticks =) I've got some time left to figure it out....

Takashi Tateishi's on Mighty No. 9?

S3ZTdLs.gif

mclem

Tiny little update:

We know Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but with but just 2 days left until the end of our Kickstarter, we couldn’t stop now -- especially not with the announcement we can finally make today: Mega Man 2 composer Takashi Tateishi is officially on board for Mighty No. 9!

Megaman 2 was the game that put Megaman in the premier spotlight.

Nice to see former team members back together again. This game is going to be too good.

todd360

Damn it I can't wait anymore. Gonna go up my $5 dollar contribution to $40. Decided I want the digital art book. I'm hoping the $60 dollar transformation isn't something I'll regret not getting.

khaaan

I'm actually thinking about downgrading my pledge :/

I pledged $60 + $15 for an international order of the physical goodies. I would have really liked a physical copy but a box and manual were cool and I was fine paying that much. Really want a physical copy but I can't justify adding in at least another $30.

OnFire331 said:
FUCK YES, Takashi Tateishi is a fucking genius!

Ah shit. I'm still in. This is amazing, fantastic, amazing, lovely, everything good I can possibly think of that is a nice word to say about this. Megaman 2 soundtrack is king of them all. Not to take anything away from Manami but, yeah megaman 2 soundtrack. This game will at least sound good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsW3oYwD2oM Obligatory.

Glad he's not a stretch goal(legit statement).

I'm more hyped that Ippo Yamada is confirmed part of the team, which I expected since it's Inti Creates. The Zero, ZX, ZX Advent, MM9 and his MM10 tracks are godlike.

Zalman

Damn it I can't wait anymore. Gonna go up my $5 dollar contribution to $40. Decided I want the digital art book. I'm hoping the $60 dollar transformation isn't something I'll regret not getting.
Yeah, I feel the same way. $60 (+ international shipping for me) is a lot of money, but I have a feeling I might regret not getting the box when I see actual pictures of it. :p

NoTacos

Wow we're finally at 2.9M on kickstarter alone. We might just make it to the next gen/portable goal.

I wonder how paypal donations are coming along?

ezekial45

Banned
I was skeptical about it making its stretch goals, but the fans really went above and beyond for this game. It's astonishing to see how much they cleared through it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wow we're finally at 2.9M on kickstarter alone. We might just make it to the next gen/portable goal.

I wonder how paypal donations are coming along?
You don't need to wonder, they update the KS page every day with the PayPal total. It's currently at $71,356 (as of 8:01pm PST Sat, 9/28).

Stupid person updating the site doesn't know the difference between PST and PDT. :p

catabarez

You don't need to wonder, they update the KS page every day with the PayPal total. It's currently at $71,356 (as of 8:01pm PST Sat, 9/28).

Stupid person updating the site doesn't know the difference between PST and PDT. :p

When I checked they updated it an hour earlier so it would be PST.

junpei

Seriously tho if this releases on handhelds it could make up for mml3
yes im still better

All this news is sounding amazing

I'm like the bitterest legends fan ever but I still feel good about Mighty No.9 . I don't even like classic that much but I am still pledging 60 bones to help get it on handhelds . I would love to see this game on my vita OLED with cross save.

todd360

I'm like the bitterest legends fan ever but I still feel good about Mighty No.9 . I don't even like classic that much but I am still pledging 60 bones to help get it on handhelds . I would love to see this game on my vita OLED with cross save.

OLED master race.
I 2 own a vita

Just upped my pledge from $80 to $120. C'mooooon PS4 stretch goal!!

Doing that still gets me the USB cartridge right? And I pick that when it ends?

Good news: Sounds like I was wrong about my interpretation of the beta stuff -- if you pledge for the beta, you will get the beta (for PC), regardless of which platform you choose as your main platform for the final game. :)

(Glad you asked!)

(I'm gonna edit my earlier post so no one gets confused.)

Good to hear!

Meia

You pick whatever tier you want, then add the cost of the usb cart to your pledge amount manually, so not sure what you did.

Yeah, you just gotta make sure you do the math. If you pledge directly to a specific tier, to get a physical version, you have to include an extra amount to that specific tier. For $80, for a cartridge USB(which is $36), it would be $116. For the $120 tier, it would be $156. For instance, I'm at $175, so my full pledge(USB extra included) is $211.

You pick whatever tier you want, then add the cost of the usb cart to your pledge amount manually, so not sure what you did.

I picked the $120 tier and went from $80 to $120. So if I wanted the USB it would have to be $146?

Edit: ^Okay thanks. That clears things up.

PsionBolt

Oh crap I use to hear this song a lot but never knew the lyrics were that depressing. >_<
I hope this song doesn't have depressing lyrics as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLbFctG3tw0&list=FLsIBbBEzKdFLCYy1xZHCXfg&index=14

Okkusenman does indeed hit too close to home for many.
That other song is "Can't Beat Air Man", and it's about not being able to beat Air Man (or Wood Man, or Heat Man's stage). So no depression there, unless you have bad memories of not being able to beat Air Man.

NoTacos

I meant in terms of volume. Have they been growing, staying steady, or declining? You don't need to answer. Really hoping this pulls through.

Top Bottom