• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Eusis

Well, I hope if they somehow fail to get enough for the PS4/XB1/Vita versions they just port them afterwards if the game's a success. Probably won't be too hard to at least expand to PS4/Vita and the fact we'd HAVE to double dip at that point because it failed to hit it in the Kickstarter (assuming PS3 owners don't get it for free) would balance it out I'd think.

john tv

quick question!

I want to pay via the ITL paypal link @ http://mightyno9.com/paypal/intl/
how do I choose my backer level and the USB addon? John tv? anyone? :D
Sorry, I don't fully understand exactly what it is you want to do. LMK and I can try and find out! :)

I hope we can reach the 3DS/Vita goal, I will raise my pledge tomorrow from $5 to $250, I hope it helps :)
Wow, thank you!

I'm in the same boat - I'm actually thinking of upping my pledge to get the physical versions. Can't resist that NES cart USB stick! :D (Yes, even tho I'm on the team, I'm pledging like everyone else. This is too exciting not to support!)

Thanks everyone - we can do this! :D

Busaiku

Hey while you're here, I just need some clarification.
I asked on the comments, but I'd like to get the official word.

We're still eligible for the beta (assuming we pledged enough) even if we choose not to get the PC version (for my digital copy, I'm getting it on Wii U), right?

NoTacos

I just backed MN9 $100. 4 bottles of pumpkin ale will do that to a guy. If it gets the game on PSN/4 then it'll be worth it though. Plus, dat Japanese MN9 t shirt :)))

So, what's the support character going to be, the robo dog? I hope they didn't plan to make the game without the dog.

I was also wondering if the physical PC game would only be available while the Kickstarter is going on or if it's something we can buy later. The beginning of next month is going to be rough on my wallet with this, Shantae, Zelda WW, and Pokemon X & Y.

Zalman

Man, I want to back this so bad, but to get everything I want I have to pay $147 including international shipping fees. That's way too much for me.

I'm going to be thinking about this a lot the next two days.

Akai__

Do people appear in the backer list, if they pledged with PayPal? I can't find my name and it doesn't even say, that I backed a project in my Kickstarter profile. :/

Hope the PayPal pledgers are appearing in the credits aswell. I could imagine, that this is important to some people and I would lie, if I say, it's not important to me. :p

john tv

Hey while you're here, I just need some clarification.
I asked on the comments, but I'd like to get the official word.

We're still eligible for the beta (assuming we pledged enough) even if we choose not to get the PC version (for my digital copy, I'm getting it on Wii U), right?
EDIT: Apparently you are still eligible for the PC beta. Details will have to be TBD, as I honestly don't know how it's going to work. But if you pledged for the beta, you will get access to the beta.

Busaiku

Do people appear in the backer list, if they pledged with PayPal? I can't find my name and it doesn't even say, that I backed a project in my Kickstarter profile. :/

Hope the PayPal pledgers are appearing in the credits aswell. I could imagine, that this is important to some people and I would lie, if I say, it's not important to me. :p

No, you don't appear in the Backer List, nor would I assume you get to participate in the Kickstarter page (the comments and whatnot).
All the benefits related to the game, outside of Kickstarter, you will definitely receive though.
Beta access is only for those who choose the PC version. From the page:

Unfortunately none of the consoles allow for early access to games in dev at the moment, but of course if that changes, you never know what'll happen! But right now, it's for the Steam PC version only.
What if we get the physical disc version, which is for PC?

john tv

Yes, anyone who pledges at the $5 tier or more will be in the backer credits. :) (I'm not 100% sure how it's going to work for PayPal backers, but presumably you'll receive an email asking how you want to be listed, or something like that. More deets to come.)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The current

KickStarter total: 2,860,322 as of 11:05, GMT
PayPal total: $71,356 as of 8:01pm PST Sat, 9/28

KS + PP = 2,931,678

368,322 left for PS4/One versions.
568,322 left for 3DS/Vita versions.

Beta access is only for those who choose the PC version. From the page:

Unfortunately none of the consoles allow for early access to games in dev at the moment, but of course if that changes, you never know what'll happen! But right now, it's for the Steam PC version only.

Why can't you play the PC Beta and then get a dowload code for a console when the game comes out?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'd totally donate $250 if I wasn't borderline on having no money for the past few months. I look forward to playing this in 2015 though. x3

OmegaDL50

Is it possible we might see discs of the console versions in the future, or is that completely out of question?

If you want to factor the additional costs involved for manfacturing and pressing of discs, printing case inserts and manuals, shippment and retail stocking fees, which all adds up to a very large amount of money, then the answer to this is unlikely.

john tv

Good Q that I do not know the answer to. I'll try and find out tho.

Is it possible we might see discs of the console versions in the future, or is that completely out of question?
It's not in the plans right now (licensing and manufacturing fees and such mean creating console-based disc versions would've driven the costs up too much, among other issues), but I wouldn't say anything is completely out of the question. (That's not a hint or anything - I just don't like to say "never". At the moment, there are definitely no plans for a physical console release, though.)

Thanks for the Q's, guys. I gotta get back to work, but I'll check back in later. :)

Akai__

No, you don't appear in the Backer List, nor would I assume you get to participate in the Kickstarter page (the comments and whatnot).
All the benefits related to the game, outside of Kickstarter, you will definitely receive though.

Yes, anyone who pledges at the $5 tier or more will be in the backer credits. :) (I'm not 100% sure how it's going to work for PayPal backers, but presumably you'll receive an email asking how you want to be listed, or something like that. More deets to come.)

Thanks for the quick answers. :)

Zalman

Alright, I've officially joined the club. Backed with $51, which will give me the digital copy and a disc. I will consider upping my pledge for a USB as well, but for now I'm happy to say I'm one of the Mighty Backers. :)

OmegaDL50

Based on the Paypal and Kickstarter totals

There is just under 600,000 left to go to get to the PS Vita and 3DS Goals.

If another 400,000 is raised the XB1 and PS4 goals are a lock.

it will be ported to xb1, ps4 and vita regardless of funding

Err.... I wouldn't put any sort of guarantee there. I'd say it's likely if they don't make the goal and the game sells well they'll probably port it to next gen (why not? It would mean more sales) later... but I'd be wary about promising ANYTHING for Vita.

Ravek

Banned
Err.... I wouldn't put any sort of guarantee there. I'd say it's likely if they don't make the goal and the game sells well they'll probably port it to next gen (why not? It would mean more sales) later... but I'd be wary about promising ANYTHING for Vita.

Its coming to all Sony systems. Just watch.

john tv

That really sucks. Now I have to wonder if it's like that for Shantae too. I pledged the money to get into the Betas for both, but if I have to choose between Beta and Wii U version, I might have to reconsider.
Good news: Sounds like I was wrong about my interpretation of the beta stuff -- if you pledge for the beta, you will get the beta (for PC), regardless of which platform you choose as your main platform for the final game. :)

(Glad you asked!)

(I'm gonna edit my earlier post so no one gets confused.)

So why does Mighty no.9 need 3.5 mil to get released on other platforms but when people asked Wayforward if they would release it on Vita the just did it at no extra charge? It's really a shame people still listen to a hack like Inafune and fall for his shady business ploys.

I hope you guys get your stretch goals, its just seems insane to me.

todd360

So why does Mighty no.9 need 3.5 mil to get released on other platforms but when people asked Wayforward if they would release it on Vita the just did it at no extra charge? It's really a shame people still listen to a hack like Inafune and fall for his shady business ploys.

Inafune is a hack confirmed?
lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Good news: Sounds like I was wrong about my interpretation of the beta stuff -- if you pledge for the beta, you will get the beta (for PC), regardless of which platform you choose as your main platform for the final game. :)

(Glad you asked!)

(I'm gonna edit my earlier post so no one gets confused.)
That's what I figured it was and was confused why you were saying something different. Glad that's cleared up now.

I hate that they want me to pay extra for shipping (I'm Canadian) for each additional thing. I'm already paying $30 extra for the HC art book. :(

It needs 3.5 mil to get released on other platforms? That's funny, I see them asking for $200,000 to get ported on other platforms.

Well you need 3.5 mil to get there, and if you're just counting from stretch goal to stretch goal, that's still 200,000 more than Shantae is charging to get on all platforms, no?

Takao

Banned

Wayforward already has Vita devkits, and is doing the port internally. Mighty No. 9's port is going to be outsourced, and those people need to be paid. I don't think it would cost $200k to port it to Vita, but there's also 3DS in that goal.

Ravek

Banned

Brave and ignorant words.

Curious, how is Inafune a hack? I can defend him all day long to a fault, but you're calling him a hack and not saying why?

qq more

ITT: Some people not understanding how game development works, assumes the worst and calls it a scam.

This is kind of tiring, guys.

Top Bottom