• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Mista Koo

^
Exactly. She needs to resemble a robot to some extent.

@___@ I was thinking maybe more like this...

http://i.imgur.com/QH8zgvM.jpg
I designed her as a female counterpart to Beck, so I tried to keep her color palette limited but bold to stand out. Also no unique hair color nor finger colors make her look more like a robot.
I like yours, but I don't see her as a playable character.

Pretty sure A is supposed to be darker skinned. :p
I just went with Beck's skin color, in fact I started out with coloring everything with Beck's colors.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think the abundance of fulfillment options has blown my ability to comprehend. OK, so you simply add dollars to get physical copies: disc or USB. But is there an option to add dollars to get additional digital copies? I thought there was, but now I'm not so sure I'm not jumbling Kickstarters in my brain.

I'm going to want to play on PC since I'm sure it'll be first out, but I'll want PS4 or 360 at some point also....
There isn't an option to add more digital copies. You have two choices, add a physical copy of the game (sounds like it's actually just a Steam key on a disc/USB stick) or make another KS account and pledge $20 again (or $20 through PayPal).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I designed her as a female counterpart to Beck, so I tried to keep her color palette limited but bold to stand out. Also coloring the hair a color common to her body makes her look more like a robot.
I like yours, but I don't see her as a playable character.
I think of her as more, uh, domestic(?) since she wasn't originally made to handle combat stuff. I don't know what exactly they have in mind for the co-op mode, but I am imagining it as a "shit, we are stuck in a mess" sort of situation, not like being sent out on a mission together.

Dice

So instead of pulling her head back and snapping her neck, instead they'll blast her head forward and snap her neck?
She's a robot, not a girl. Her head could even be some sort of high grade metal that can smash through anything, making the rockets a means to an awesome headbutt. Whatever it is, they definitely don't seem purely cosmetic looking at the drawing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Anyone know why this kickstarter is doing so well? I mean, Mega Man, much as I love him, hasn't been very popular in more than a decade. Hell, the amount of money Inafune raised so far probably exceeds the budget for any MM he worked on.

Anyone know why this kickstarter is doing so well? I mean, Mega Man, much as I love him, hasn't been very popular in more than a decade. Hell, the amount of money Inafune raised so far probably exceeds the budget for any MM he worked on.

pretty sure its due to big news outlets reporting this and all the bitter megaman fans(including myself) wanting something from infuane again

Busaiku

This isn't the mass market supporting this Kickstarter, it never is.
Right now the ones supporting this game are the niche fanbase that would support Mega Man games regardless.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Right now the ones supporting this game are the niche fanbase that would support Mega Man games regardless.
Yep, it's not like 51K people is a whole lot.

Dice

51,000 backers is not a lot in terms of game sales numbers. Divide the funding by that many and it's about $60 each. Obviously it's not an even split like that, but it speaks to the percentage of high rollers on this one. This is about justice for one of the most legendary and yet most mistreated franchises in gaming history, and also in some ways a fuck you to Capcom and an encouragement/building a new foundation for Inafune. I bet plenty of those high rollers are industry people.

mosaic

go eat paint

Mega Man 9 did well though... perhaps it's that mediocre Mega Man isn't popular, and this has rekindled hope that the assembled "all-star team" will create something with that magic.

No pressure for them, right?! :)

~Kinggi~

Banned

Also its not normal for people in general to put money and not get anything but a promise in return. There are plenty interested in getting this that refuse to put money toward kickstarters.

I really hope F loses, unlikely as it is. She's just too similar to Roll IMO. Personally I like C, her design and sketches makes me think she has a proto-type transforming tech that relies on add-ons instead of absorbing abilities.
This guy right here has good taste.

Flowmoney

So when does the spirit bomb start? People threw in their money kinda early.

Skullgirls was able to get a lot in its final moments of its kickstarter.

51,000 backers is not a lot in terms of game sales numbers. Divide the funding by that many and it's about $60 each. Obviously it's not an even split like that, but it speaks to the percentage of high rollers on this one. This is about justice for one of the most legendary and yet most mistreated franchises in gaming history, and also in some ways a fuck you to Capcom and an encouragement/building a new foundation for Inafune. I bet plenty of those high rollers are industry people.

Yup!

NoTacos

That total was posted around 11:30 EDT last night.
Hmm so around 8:30pm pacific? I'm not very knowledgeable on time zone acronyms.

I'm also considering throwing in another 20 to get to the $120 tier. Of course everything I order will be in Japanese.

B_Boss

Probably posted already but omg.....Rockman 2's OST is absolutely legendary and HE'S on board??!! Inafune-san is really trying to rule the world with this game!

MEGA MAN 2 COMPOSER TAKASHI TATEISHI IS OFFICIALLY ON BOARD FOR MIGHTY NO. 9!!!!!! :D

(source: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/612963)

eeVqykq.gif

NoTacos

I'm starting to worry we won't get to the next gen goal :(
We're nearing 3m alone on kickstarter, and we had a base of $71k from paypal (today's total hasn't been announced so it's more than that) so basically the 3.1m goal is met. we have less than 200k to go and the kickstarter site alone almost amassed 100k today. Number of backers grew at least 500. Still 45 more hours left. We can do this.

We're nearing 3m alone on kickstarter, and we had a base of $71k from paypal (today's total hasn't been announced so it's more than that) so basically the 3.1m goal is met. we have less than 200k to go and the kickstarter site alone almost amassed 100k today. Number of backers grew at least 500. Still 45 more hours left. We can do this.

Well, when you put it like that it seems much more doable!

#iwanttobelieve

Read the instructions.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/611527

The only mistake on there is the example for international backers. They forgot to add the $30 for shipping on the original tier and mentioned the mistake elsewhere.

I confused about the shipping cost, I live in Europe, If I want a DVD copy and the $250 tier, I should select the $250 tier and manually add $61 ($31 for the DVD plus $30 for shipping)?.

Is that correct?.

Busaiku

I confused about the shipping cost, I live in Europe, If I want a DVD copy and the $250 tier, I should select the $250 tier and manually add $61 ($31 for the DVD plus $30 for shipping)?.

Is that correct?.

Yes.
The $30 shipping isn't for the DVD, but for the other Kickstarter goods.

NoTacos

Some quick math as of 8:45pm PST.

Kickstarter: $2,974,248
Paypal (9/28): $71,356

Total (Minus 9/29 Paypal additions): $3,045,604

Some quick math as of 8:45pm PST.

Kickstarter: $2,974,248
Paypal (9/28): $71,356

Total (Minus 9/29 Paypal additions): $3,045,604

I think we'll definitely hit a PS4 version which makes me happy. It'd be great if we got a Vita port, but at least we got a PS4 version out of it.

Top Bottom