• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

NoTacos

I think we'll definitely hit a PS4 version which makes me happy. It'd be great if we got a Vita port, but at least we got a PS4 version out of it.

most definitely. I just want to see how the paypal donations are coming along. If we stay steady at 70k in addition to the 100k the kickstarter page usually gets we'll be set.

And if we cant get MN9 on Vita, we can at least get it via remote play and play on the go that way.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Edit: Funding As of 9:30pm PST

Kickstarter: $2,981,044 | Combined Funding(announced so far): $3,052,400

Support Character Stretch: $47,600

PS4/X1: $247,600

Vita/3DS: $447,600

9/29 PayPal update not yet posted.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Went from the $60 tier to the $99 tier. I think that's as high as I'll go for this one. Really interested in a PS4 version though. Come on! I hope it makes it!

NoTacos

Went from the $60 tier to the $99 tier. I think that's as high as I'll go for this one. Really interested in a PS4 version though. Come on! I hope it makes it!

I may go from the $99 tier to $120 actually, no real big difference in $21 out of pocket. And yes, PS4 version at minimum because then we can at least get it via remote play.

Edit: Funding As of 11:00pm PST

Kickstarter: $2,990,886 | Combined Funding(announced so far): $3,062,242
Support Character Stretch: $37,758
PS4/X1: $237,758
Vita/3DS: $437,758

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's really hard to decide what tier to get. May bite the bullet on $250 just because it comes with EVERYTHING AWESOME.

But $36 on top of that...ouch.

But my physical box needs something in it, right? And that foreign version no doubt needs the Famicom USB...

I still wish the 3DS/Vita versions of the game would be something different, ala the old Game Boy ports of the Mega Man games, smaller scaled down games suited for handheld play. I would gladly pay for a spin off game based on the franchise for the 3DS. Otherwise I the 3DS version is just going to be seen as the inferior version like what happened with Rayman Origins on it.

duckroll

I still wish the 3DS/Vita versions of the game would be something different, ala the old Game Boy ports of the Mega Man games, smaller scaled down games suited for handheld play. I would gladly pay for a spin off game based on the franchise for the 3DS. Otherwise I the 3DS version is just going to be seen as the inferior version like what happened with Rayman Origins on it.

Aren't the 3DS/Vita versions by a different developer? That could still happen.

NoTacos

It's really hard to decide what tier to get. May bite the bullet on $250 just because it comes with EVERYTHING AWESOME.

But $36 on top of that...ouch.

But my physical box needs something in it, right? And that foreign version no doubt needs the Famicom USB...

Is that extra $36 for shipping?

And that $250 tier is sweet. If I had the cash I would get it. Sadly I think I may max out at $120 (currently at $100, will update tomorrow to get the art/strategy book)

I'll be posting another update either at 11:30pm PST or 12:00am PST. It's looking like the kickstarter page alone will break 3.0 million soon.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is that extra $36 for shipping?

And that $250 tier is sweet. If I had the cash I would get it. Sadly I think I may max out at $120 (currently at $100, will update tomorrow to get the art/strategy book)

I'll be posting another update either at 11:30pm PST or 12:00am PST. It's looking like the kickstarter page alone will break 3.0 million soon.

$36 extra for an NES/Famicom USB copy of the game.

Aren't the 3DS/Vita versions by a different developer? That could still happen.
They are, but the Kickstarter said they are porting Mighty No.9 to the platforms and not making a standalone game. So I'm going to assume its just going to be the same game and not something different.

Its a shame they didn't go with Renegade Kid to make a handheld Mighty No.9 game, would love to see a side story but in the art style of Mutant Mudds or something.

NoTacos

Funding As of 12:02am PST

Kickstarter: $2,997,763 | Combined Funding(announced so far): $3,069,119

Support Character Stretch: $30,881

PS4/X1: $230,881

Vita/3DS: $430,881

NoTacos

BREAKING NEWS! 12:10 am PST Comcept to make update to kickstarter page. Verified by kickstarter page manager. Update expected within the hour.

NoTacos

As promised:

gY5U2Eel.png

Stay tuned.

Damn this will neither reach next gen or handheld stretch goals. In april 2015 I will have long gone and moved on from PS3, any indie title I'm waiting for is on PS4/Vita. Why do Japanese devs cling to last gen for dear life.

NoTacos

Funding As of 12:45am PST

Kickstarter: $3,001,442 | Paypal (9/29): $88,000 Combined Funding: $3,089,442

Support Character Stretch: $10,558

PS4/X1: $210,558

Vita/3DS: $410,558

Damn this will neither reach next gen or handheld stretch goals. In april 2015 I will have long gone and moved on from PS3, any indie title I'm waiting for is on PS4/Vita. Why do Japanese devs cling to last gen for dear life.

It's raised about $290K in the last 2 days. Even if it were to stay at that pace for the rest of the campaign (which it won't, it will get higher), that still gets it to the next gen goal.

Varth

Did my part for a Vita/PS4 version. Had to create an account of my own, since so far I was a "guest" of a friend's account for previous stuff like H Hour.

Now, for the extra mile: was it ever clarified what is the "phisical box". They have mockups for USB keys, nothing for the box? Is it jus a DVD case, or something more carton-boxy? Would raise my pledge, but gotta know that before.

Also: why u no phisical console disk love? : (

EDIT: brb, funding Shantae, too.

amardilo

With less than 2 days to go on the Kickstarter campaign I really hope this gets to the $3.3m total so we get next gen releases of the Mighty No. 9.

Xater

Did my part for a Vita/PS4 version. Had to create an account of my own, since so far I was a "guest" of a friend's account for previous stuff like H Hour.

Now, for the extra mile: was it ever clarified what is the "phisical box". They have mockups for USB keys, nothing for the box? Is it jus a DVD case, or something more carton-boxy? Would raise my pledge, but gotta know that before.

Also: why u no phisical console disk love? : (

EDIT: brb, funding Shantae, too.

If you think about it for a bit you would know why there will be no physical discs for console.

shira

Wat it's on PC.

Dat $3 Millie.

Varth

If you think about it for a bit you would know why there will be no physical discs for console.

Course I know. That was more of a collector's rant, since even if I got the physical case, there would be nothing to put in it. Kinda uncool.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Udon Entertainment just announced that they will be working on the artbook for mighty no9!

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/udon/udon-to-create-publish-mighty-no-9-art-book/

Hey folks! We’re thrilled to announce that UDON will be handling the layout and design for all versions of the English artbook/strategy guide for Mighty No.9, the new game from Keiji Inafune and Comcept!

While we can’t share too many details at present, we can say that we’ve been tossing around a lot of great ideas for the book, and we’re really excited to be working with Keiji Inafune and the whole team. Mighty No.9 looks like it’s going to be a great game, with wonderful art design! It’s going to make a heck of a book, and you can get your copy (either digital, softcover, or hardcover) by supporting the Mighty No.9 Kickstarter before it ends on Tuesday!

For more on Mighty No.9, check out http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9.

For now, I’ll leave you with this awesome sketch by UDON”s Chamba, created last month at PAX!

I think we're less than 1k from support char. $3,011,000 + $88,000

I think it's safe to say that we're reaching Next Gen consoles, but handhelds... I don't know, it's possible.

i only has a 3ds right now, so hope it goes to 3.5 so i can help ...

sorry if i'm doing it wrong, but i don't like betting

if you want it to get there you're supposed to give them money, you can take your money out before it ends if you feel like it.

There's PC/Wiiu.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah, MN9 announced Udon doing the art book last week.

Saw this on twitter for you Animal Crossing nerds.

BVZBUY5CYAEr3Jz.jpg

$3.1 million (KS + PayPal) reached. :)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I really hope F loses, unlikely as it is. She's just too similar to Roll IMO. Personally I like C, her design and sketches makes me think she has a proto-type transforming tech that relies on add-ons instead of absorbing abilities.

C does look like the most interesting design.

In other news, Next Stop PS4 and Xbone!

200k is easily achievable in the last 40 hours.

I knew this would at least reach 3m when it started, some people really need to learn how kickstarter works.

Varth

Couldn't Sony itself chip in the remaining funds for the PSV stretch goals at the last moment? Or is it considered a no-no by KS guidelines? It seemed to be uite a big deal for them.

Fuzzy

Couldn't Sony itself chip in the remaining funds for the PSV stretch goals at the last moment? Or is it considered a no-no by KS guidelines? It seemed to be uite a big deal for them.
If Sony did that then I would guess they'd do it after the KS is over. Why would they help get it on the 3DS publicly?

Fuzzy

09AUOi0.jpg

$3,700,000 SINGLE PLAYER CALL STAGE & BOSS FIGHT!

Yes! We heard the feedback from our community, and at this level, we would be thrilled to fulfill this popular wish -- to add an all-new single-player level, including a boss fight, where you can play as Mighty No. 9’s heroine, Call! We agree it would be a fun addition and a great way to mix up the action, so fingers crossed we can make it this far!
When did the $3.7 million goal show up?

i'm still wondering who the support character is. All I can think of is the robo dog or maybe some kind of familiar like in SOTN.

I thought 3.7 would be the last goal, but it looks like they have another.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback

It's entirely "legal" for them to stump up the funds to push it over to the 3.5million mark, but then they would also be funding a 3DS version which I doubt they'd want to do.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Current situation (12:18, GMT)

KickStarter - 3,017,370
PayPal - 88,000 as of 12:30am PST Mon, 9/30

Total - 3,105,370

194,630 to go for PS4/One, 394,360 for 3DS/Vita

Top Bottom