• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

mclem

It's entirely "legal" for them to stump up the funds to push it over to the 3.5million mark, but then they would also be funding a 3DS version which I doubt they'd want to do.

If they were to fund development of the Vita version (were it not to hit that goal), they'd do it outside of the Kickstarter environment completely.

3 million
DML2mi1.png

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Someone hasn't been paying attention, it jumped up 200k in the last 12-16 hours. It's quite possible they could continue doing over the next 36 hours and hit it.
No it didn't. It did $157K yesterday (KS+PayPal) and $46K (just KS) the last 8 hours. That's double the time you stated.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think Vita/3DS version could still happen, regardless of whether or not they meet their goal in the next 36 hours though

mclem

I think the point is more that it's accelerating. Now, how far it'll accelerate we have yet to see, but it's definitely speeding up, and there's still a day and a half to go.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think the point is more that it's accelerating. Now, how far it'll accelerate we have yet to see, but it's definitely speeding up, and there's still a day and a half to go.
I agree with you completely but if someone is going to post numbers then they better make sure those numbers are accurate. ;)

Ok, so finally upgrade from $5 to $250, I see that I have two pending payments on Amazon Payments, my first pledge of $5 and the new one, should I cancel the $5 pledge or it will be deleted by the system?.

Varth

If Sony did that then I would guess they'd do it after the KS is over. Why would they help get it on the 3DS publicly?

Oh, yeah, didn't notice. Well, it really wouldn't surprise me if things went that way. The interest in the game is significant.

mclem

Not even the highest game Kickstarter. Star Citizen be ballin.

Well, on Kickstarter this is beyond Star Citizen... but Star Citizen has funding from all over the place, and the grand total on it absolutely dwarfs just about anything else.

Raitaro

We're truly in the final stretch of this epic Kickstarter adventure people. Somehow it feels like history is being written here.

Just upped my reward from 60 to 80 to go for the all digital option (I just remembered that 2015 is quite a ways off and I might have moved by then to another country - always a tricky situation with regards to packages and mail). I also added a symbolic 4 dollars to give it a sort of 8-4 bump for good luck.

Also, the news that Takashi Tateishi has joined the team really makes me giddy with excitement. What a dream team of classic Japanese game music composers they have gathered by now!

Let's see how far we can keep this hype train going!

Fisico

Yeah. 600k in 34 hours sounds rough but it's definitely not unheard of. Go go MN9 backers!

Was there an update to the Paypal numbers and I didn't notice? Last time I heard we were at like 70k.

88k on the page, the update is few hours old now it should be beyond 90k

The highest Kickstarter total for a video game is Torment: Tides of Numenera at ~$4.2M. Star Citizen is the highest total for crowd funding in general at ~$20.5M and counting.

I'm surprised this isn't getting a bigger push. I expected them to reach the 3DS and Vita goals. It's still possible but it'll be closer than I'd like.

It's very possible they could "continue funding" via the same methods as Star Citizen... I'd also be surprised if the game sold well that they wouldn't port it, it just wouldn't be day 1.

Fireblend

Banned
It's very possible they could "continue funding" via the same methods as Star Citizen... I'd also be surprised if the game sold well that they wouldn't port it, it just wouldn't be day 1.

I'm pretty sure they've said they won't (continue receiving money after the KS has ended). They don't want to have to adjust their scope when they're already working on the game, which I think is a great thing. They mentioned it during one of the podcasts IIRC.

Top Bottom