• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Upped pledge for all disc and USB physical items, nearly $400 now.

Fuck it, it's only money.

4ciCI.gif
If only I had money and competent knowledge of Japanese... I would have dinner with Inafune. Glad for those who will, though I will admit I am a bit jealous.

KoopaTheCasual

Random question. Other than Megaman, is this game inspired by the anime/manga Cyborg 009? It has the same concept of 9 specialized robots, with unique super abilities. It's a loose connection, but every time I say "Mighty Number 9" in my head, I immediately think about that show.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It gained around 10k in the last hour. It's accelerating more and more.

Random question. Other than Megaman, is this game inspired by the anime/manga Cyborg 009? It has the same concept of 9 specialized robots, with unique super abilities. It's a loose connection, but every time I say "Mighty Number 9" in my head, I immediately think about that show.

It might, but it more has to do with the fact that 8 stages each with a boss + player character = 9. Same as classic Mega Man games.

nubbe

“I really have no idea who this guy is (or) what his stupid game looks like.”
Michael Pachter
Games Analyst, Wedbush Securities

god i'm rolling on the floor

massoluk

Banned
How did that their Pachter's bite come to be? I felt like I missed something I shouldn't have missed.

edit: Test reel too dark, here's hoping the actual game have blue sky and sunshine.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How did that their Pachter's bite come to be? I felt like I missed something I shouldn't have missed.

edit: Test reel too dark, here's hoping the actual game have blue sky and sunshine.
I just asked and they said it was from the latest Pach Attack.

VxlD1ES.png

Quote came from a recent episode of Pach Attack (question starts at 3:30, exact quote is around 6:08)

Someone asks if Capcom will sue with regards to this game and Pach gives a long answer, and sorta just throws that last comment for shits and giggles
KuGsj.gif

fake edit: what fuzzy said

Greenzxy

Man, just saw that beta footage, looking good.
If mega man 9 is anything to go by, I have faith that inafune and his team will make a fantastic game.

Man, just saw that beta footage, looking good.
If mega man 9 is anything to go by, I have faith that inafune and his team will make a fantastic game.

Not really beta, it's pre-alpha. They haven't even settled on an in-game engine yet. That was just their test of the Unreal Engine.

Any idea how much this would be when it's released?

Since $20 is the amount to get the game on kickstarter, I'd say $20 is more or less a lock for the price.

_S4MUR4I_

i54f.jpg

NNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Just upgraded my pledge to get the all-digital goodness and one of those USB sticks with linux version

Unreal Engine 3?!

Well, looks like there wont be any great dynamic lighting effects (unless they are using the deferred version of the engine).

Including Paypal money, this should be $3.1 million by now.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a loose connection here. But what I'm also interested in are the potential design for the doctors:
54241c3194cfedbe42f716db52f2f708_large.jpg

The first column is the equivalent of Dr. Light, the second half is the equivalent of Dr. Wily and the third column... IDK, maybe Dr. Cossack? I would be surprised if there was some Tezuka influence out there for this game; especially when we have doctors that look similar to Dr. Tenma, Skunk and Black Jack (first two are from Astro Boy although Skunk is not a doctor, but does appear as a villain and Black Jack has his own manga series).

My hope is that we get the third design in all column. First is because it looks the most unique of the possible Dr. Light counterpartner, second because the design reminds me somewhat of Scar and the third because it looks like Nikola Tesla.

Also, I would be all for a cross-over with Mighty No. 9, Mega Man, Astro Boy and Cyborg 009. Robots FTW!

killatopak

Gold Member
Looks great.

I hope it plays great too like those classic Megaman/Megaman X games I loved as a child.

Hopefully it comes to vita so I can play it while on a trip since I feel like its better to play on handheld rather than a console. Although whatever platform it goes I'm still gonna play it.

I'm dying for a 'not megaman' like game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Daily amount on KickStarter, 16:03 GMT - 74,442
One hour later, 17:02 GMT - 86,174

This means 11,732 earned in around one hour. Just consider that, in the last days, the highest hourly total around this time (16/18 GMT) was 5/6. FINARU BATTRE MODE ENGAGED.

Nice to finally see a video of Mighty No. 9 and pretty unexpected as well. The running and gunning looks fluid and I like the particles that come out of enemies getting beaten up. However, I am hoping the visuals are not as dull as the video and Beck's jumping animation changes (exact same to Mega Man).
“I really have no idea who this guy is (or) what his stupid game looks like.”
Michael Pachter
Games Analyst, Wedbush Securities

god i'm rolling on the floor
Oh Patcher, you always have to stir up something.

Jobbs

Banned
Looks good.

ibj3TnUuUsv5tz.gif

This is very good looking 2.5d. That said, I personally don't like 2.5d. I think polygonal characters are uglier than 2D characters. Also, I hope for some nice debris coming out of the explosions when you kill things, mega man x style.

I don't know why no one wants to make pretty 2D games anymore. Even Wayforward is slowly moving away from it.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, will buy this. <3 megaman <3 inafune

OmegaDL50

I don't see what's particularly wrong with them using the Unreal Engine.

ibfumz81jvoma6.gif

Guilty Gear Xrd also 2D / 3D hybrid fighting game is also running on Unreal.

Soule

Oh man, those stretch goals really know how to get at me. I don't really care about the next gen and handheld stretch goals because I have complete faith that the game will come to other platforms regardless via more traditional methods, especially if the game grows in popularity. I'm not so confident that game related content like a Call stage + boss will make it into the game if we don't reach the goals, dammit I was so satisfied that we had made all the in game content goals already and then they just have to show off that $3.7M goal... goshdarnit.

Also, the test footage looked really encouraging for 7 days work. Nirolak in the other thread showed that the GG game was done on the Unreal engine and I had no idea, I really hope they can rise to the occasion and pull off a worthy artstyle as they move forward.

Rhapsody

Banned
I really wonder what they're saving as the last stretch goal. Hopefully it's something really big to get people donating tons more.

Top Bottom