• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

bumpkin

So for the extra physical disc or USB doodad, can you pick a platform different than what you want as your main (digital) copy?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So for the extra physical disc or USB doodad, can you pick a platform different than what you want as your main (digital) copy?
The physical copy is a Steam (PC, Mac, or Linux) copy. That means if you want one you can pick a different platform for your digital copy and then use the physical one to play it through Steam. I'm pretty sure it'll just be a Steam key.

Takao

Banned
UE3? Welp, don't even bother with the handheld versions. The Vita build will run poorly, and I question if the 3DS one would even run.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I really would like to see this game on Vita, 500k in 30 hours seems like a stretch though. No pun intended.

Fortunately, if you include PayPal as well, it's much less than that :D It's also less than 400k.

weevles

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it does mention you may be able to choose which platform for digital download, depending if those stretch goals are met.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't see what's particularly wrong with them using the Unreal Engine.

ibfumz81jvoma6.gif

Guilty Gear Xrd also 2D / 3D hybrid fighting game is also running on Unreal.

in a way, Guilty Gear XRD is one of the most visually impressive games I've seen. How cool would it be to have this sort of look on other types of game, such as MN9. Have your cake and eat it too -- The design flexibility of 3D, and the look of 2D.

NoTacos

It's looking good guys, we're sitting pretty at 3.159M with less that 150k to go and since midnight the kickstarter has made around 70k. Next gen definitely within reach.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
disappointed the usb option is just a steam key, would have loved a portable build. wasn't there originally supposed to be a drm-free version anyway?

Fuzzy

disappointed the usb option is just a steam key, would have loved a portable build. wasn't there originally supposed to be a drm-free version anyway?
rEWuJpK.png

I personally don't care but it would be nice if one of my USB sticks was DRM-free while the other one was Steam.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
“I really have no idea who this guy is (or) what his stupid game looks like.”
Michael Pachter
Games Analyst, Wedbush Securities

god i'm rolling on the floor

It's pretty funny :D

He also says:

"Why are you giving this man [Inafune] your money?
If you care about Japanese stuff, buy a Wii U instead!" :D

luka

Loves Robotech S1
good to know that its not set in stone. if im getting it digitally on steam anyway i wouldn't be as fussed about updates if i had a usb to just plug and play anywhere

newjeruse

Sony is going to pay the difference between whatever this finishes at and 3.7 million. Then they will make the Call stage Playstation exclusive content.

believe

Fuzzy

Are they getting more money then the counter is showing?
Yeah, they're also receiving money through PayPal. The PayPal total is currently at $88K.

http://mightyno9.com/paypal/

Sony is going to pay the difference between whatever this finishes at and 3.7 million. Then they will make the Call stage Playstation exclusive content.

believe
Holy shit that would piss people off. :lol

Psxphile

in a way, Guilty Gear XRD is one of the most visually impressive games I've seen. How cool would it be to have this sort of look on other types of game, such as MN9. Have your cake and eat it too -- The design flexibility of 3D, and the look of 2D.

The great white hope. The early comcept pics shows us they want to give the game a vibrant, cel-animated look. The comcept tech reel shows us they want the game to run on a 3D engine.

RM8

Even less than 350k

3,072 + 0,088 = 3,16
And paypal is probably a few thousands higher since the last update
Oh gosh, are we really getting this on handhelds? :D My 3DS will have all the NES and GB Mega Man games in addition to this.

Fisico

Oh gosh, are we really getting this on handhelds? :D My 3DS will have all the NES and GB Mega Man games in addition to this.

I'd say there's a very good chance seeing how KS funds peak in the last day usually.

3,3 M for the KS ONLY seems to be a lock, paypal 100k is a lock too

Codeblue

I said I'd never pledge to a Kickstarter, but the Megaman 2 composer put me over the edge. Had to give it the 8-4 bump while I was at it.

NoTacos

We'll be breaking 3.1M on the kickstarter page within the hour (roughly). Then we just have to worry about an additional $100k, paypal seems to be taking care or itself. Should at least be 100k in there by now

Basically $200,000 left for Xbox One & PS4.
Less than that. 3.1M on kickstarter and at least 88k from a separate paypal funding account. We're looking at about $112k till next gen (minus any paypal donations made since midnight)

FLAguy954

If this is really running on UE3 the 3DS version is going to be abysmal.

Who says the 3DS version has to run on UE3?

Inti Creates is working on this and they have plenty of experience on Nintendo handhelds so I expect the game to look and run fine (they'll probably go for an art-style similar to ZX Advent).

weevles

I think it will make XBone/PS4 goal.

I don't think it will make handheld, but I do have hope that Sony will step in and help get a Vita port.

Takao

Banned
Who says the 3DS version has to run on UE3?

Inti Creates is working on this and they have plenty of experience on Nintendo handhelds so I expect the game to look and run fine (they'll probably go for an art-style similar to ZX Advent).

Inti Creates isn't handling the 3DS version, and if they're effectively remaking the game it's unfair to Vita owners because the vast majority of that 200k isn't going to that platform.

FLAguy954

Inti Creates isn't handling the 3DS version, and if they're effectively remaking the game it's unfair to Vita owners because the vast majority of that 200k isn't going to that platform.

I checked the page and they mentioned Abstraction Games is handling the handheld ports. Inti Creates can still offer some assistance.

Top Bottom