• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Dr. Kaos

Banned
I expect Inti Create to do GREAT things with this game. GREAT THINGS!

I loved their previous work and the early gameplay mockup was tantalizing. I am so, so psyched for this game! As psyched as I am for Broken Age.

Kickstarter is working out great for me :)

Busaiku

I wonder if this can beat Project Eternity.
It's really hard to tell just how crazy fans will get later today and tomorrow, but I still think that's a lofty goal.

Still, it'll definitely end up as the 4th highest game Kickstarter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, $3.7M for a girl to get her own stage in a game lol
*insert Kotaku/Polygon/whoever + sexist article joke here*

All seriousness, I'm hoping they could make it so Call could be playable, a la Roll in Mega Man Powered Up, offering up another way to play the game.

hohoXD123

Even if it doesn't make the Vita/3DS stretch goal, surely Sony and Nintendo can make up the difference quite easily to bring it to those platforms since it's clearly quite popular.

UE3? Welp, don't even bother with the handheld versions. The Vita build will run poorly, and I question if the 3DS one would even run.

There are mobile versions of the UE3 engine that run really well on ARM powered devices like iOS and Android. I'm sure the Vita will have no problems running it. The 3DS is a weaker machine, but they probably could get something up and running on it too?

Rhapsody

Banned
I wonder how playable Call would work. I dunno if they're wiling to do the same amount of transformations for Call as they would for Beck.
Maybe that's why there's only co-op and a Call stage listed so far.

Gonzon06

I wonder how playable Call would work. I dunno if they're wiling to do the same amount of transformations for Call as they would for Beck.
Maybe that's why there's only co-op and a Call stage listed so far.

I don't think call is gonna have transformations. They did say she's gonna have her own abilities though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, almost $100,000 more until X1/PS4. We might actually hit that & the handheld goal. Hell, maybe they'll throw in cross-buy for the PS3/4 & Vita version if it happens.

OmegaDL50

I don't think call is gonna have transformations. They did say she's gonna have her own abilities though.

X and Zero played differently enough, Heck Rock, Blues, and Bass all played differently.

I don't see why not how Beck and Call can't play differently either.

Holy crap, almost $100,000 more until X1/PS4. We might actually hit that & the handheld goal. Hell, maybe they'll throw in cross-buy for the PS3/4 & Vita version if it happens.

PS4 goal is more or less a give in at this point... Man going back to the start of this thread and the people saying it wouldn't hit 900k, let alone the (then) 2.5 mill for consoles is starting to look pretty silly.

OmegaDL50

PS4 goal is more or less a give in at this point... Man going back to the start of this thread and the people saying it wouldn't hit 900k, let alone the (then) 2.5 mill for consoles is starting to look pretty silly.

A lot of people just don't understand how much demand exists for a new Megaman game. Then you have the people who simply just don't know how Kickstarters generally have a big turn out in the beginning a dead period in the middle and big finish.

Outside of Smash, Megaman for all intents and purposes is dead. Let Comcept's Beck pave the path that Capcom won't allow Megman to do.

15k in the last hour alone..

I wonder if it keeps up this pace

Probably will, given how the last two days have been.

dailypledges.png

Yazuka

Just jumped in via paypal. I couldn't give much, but at last I gave sometthing. Really wish I had more money right now.

Gonzon06

X and Zero played differently enough, Heck Rock, Blues, and Bass all played differently.

I don't see why not how Beck and Call can't play differently either.

That's kind of exactly what I'm saying. Call isn't gonna have transformations since that's Beck main thing. So of course they're gonna play differently.

NoTacos

One of the reasons why I'm surprised they aren't trying to get it running on Unity instead.
Unreal 3 should do just fine for a 2.5D game, the animations aren't going to be that especially complex and next gen hardware capabilities can help pick up some slack.

Top Bottom