• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Current situation, 23:05 GMT

KickStarter - 3,134,284
PayPal - 88,000 (as of 12:30am PST Mon, 9/30)

Total - 3,222,284

77,795 left for PS4/One
277,795 left for 3DS/Vita

Takao

Banned
It's fair considering Mortal Kombat looks terrible on Vita, it's better if the handheld version is made from scratch.

You're saying you think they'll make an entirely different game for 3DS, and Vita. For $200k that's not happening.

Busaiku

Current situation, 23:05 GMT

KickStarter - 3,134,284
PayPal - 88,000 (as of 12:30am PST Mon, 9/30)

Total - 3,222,284

77,795 left for PS4/One
277,795 left for 3DS/Vita

Also, over $160,000 was raised through Kickstarter alone in the last 18 hours.

Ravek

Banned
So...I would buy dlc skins for this game. Say if they wanted to sell a Legends, X, Network, Zero styled skins, or you know the soul of those series...I would gladly give them my moneys.

Love the addition of the Pachter quote in that update. For those who haven't seen the video, the gist is "I have no idea who Keiji Inafune is or how Japanese copyright works, but let me explain to you why you're stupid for funding this plagiarist's project."

Pretty damn funny they called attention to it. Good stuff.

Manu

Love the addition of the Pachter quote in that update. For those who haven't seen the video, the gist is "I have no idea who Keiji Inafune is or how Japanese copyright works, but let me explain to you why you're stupid for funding this plagiarist's project."

Pretty damn funny they called attention to it. Good stuff.

Wow, he really said that?

Once the next gen ports are Funded, the Vita/3DS ports are all but certain, even if they fund them with proceeds of the game.

Selling on 5 platforms will all but guarantee they can afford a portable port in future.

Jobbs

Banned
including the Pachter quote is pure gold. I love these guys.

re. Pachter - I saw the video -- I don't think he was really trying to be mean, I think he found the question and his own answer boring and just wanted out of it. I do find it curious that he's never heard of Inafune and seems to know nothing about Mega Man. That's odd for an industry expert.

RangerBAD

Why is CliffyB listed as Co-creator in the quotes? Are they just talking about the games listed under his name? The comma makes it weird.

chugen

i didn't know the first part of the documentary was already on youtube. and it's 30 minutes long.woooh
zrXCNjj.gif

Maybe not that mean spirited, but he said something to the effect of "your $50 will probably go toward legal fees." Industry analyst, everybody.

I'm pretty sure he only said that in the context of "if they do get sued, what happens to the backers' money? Will they get their money back?" You make it sound like he thinks that's the inevitable outcome.

NEO0MJ

I just found out that Mighty No.08 was originally meant to have a female design. I wonder if it would have looked like Quite.

He only said that in the context of "if they do get sued, what happens to the backers' money? Will they get their money back?" You make it sound like he thinks that's the inevitable outcome.

I'm just saying if he doesn't know who created Mega Man or the legality of this thing, maybe he shouldn't give his clearly uneducated opinion? It was kind of a silly move on his part.

tuffy

Maybe not that mean spirited, but he said something to the effect of "your $50 will probably go toward legal fees." Industry analyst, everybody.
Pachter's not really a "video games" guy, outside of following the numbers. That blind spot in his background also tends to show up when he starts making predictions about the industry as a whole.

hohoXD123

Thanks. Wow, I heard some bad things about the guy, didn't realise he is this clueless about things.

I'm pretty sure he only said that in the context of "if they do get sued, what happens to the backers' money? Will they get their money back?" You make it sound like he thinks that's the inevitable outcome.

If he didn't think that was the inevitable outcome then he wouldn't have questioned why people would give him money in the first place and tell people to only back those who they think have original ideas.

Thanks. Wow, I heard some bad things about the guy, didn't realise he is this clueless about things.

If he didn't think that was the inevitable outcome then he wouldn't have questioned why people would give him money in the first place and tell people to only back those who they think have original ideas.

From the way I understood, he was just making a blanket statement to only back people who you think have original ideas if you're worried about losing your kickstarter investment rather than attacking MN9 directly.

Wow, about 50k away from PS4 and Xbone versions! If it can clear the 3.3 million mark really soon, I think Vita/3DS has a shot to pull 200k in 24 hours.

dropbear

Banned
Pledged $60 for the physical game case earlier in the month, making it my second (and only) funded project after A Hat in Time. Glad to see the Kickstarter is still going strong. At this rate, it looks like all of the stretch goals may actually be reached.

chrono01

Pledged $60 for the physical game case earlier in the month, making it my second (and only) funded project after A Hat in Time. Glad to see the Kickstarter is still going strong. At this rate, it looks like all of the stretch goals may actually be reached.
Now you need a physical copy to go with your game case, either the PC disc or USB drive [I'd recommend the latter].

I encourage you!

chrono01

Do you automatically get a physical version by exceeding its cost?
To obtain a physical copy [either PC or USB] you need to select the tier you want and add on $26/$31 [PC] or $36/$41 [USB] in addition to whatever the tier is.

For example - $250 tier selected + $36 [for USB] = $286 pledged.

If you're International [such as myself in Canada] do not forget to add in shipping as well the additional $5 for each of the physical copies [the USB is $41 here]. My total, for the $500 tier as well as for shipping and physical USB, was $571.

RM8

^ Thanks :D

Have they mentioned what shipping method they'll be using? I can't buy a physical version if I can't track my copy because regular air mail doesn't work in 3rd world Land.

Now less than 24 hours left, and the Paypal+Kickstarter total is about $3.25 million. Any guesses as to what the final numbers will be?

mclem

Pachter's not really a "video games" guy, outside of following the numbers. That blind spot in his background also tends to show up when he starts making predictions about the industry as a whole.

I think he's viewing this from the perspective of an investor, and in that sense, he's right: This is a terrible investment. No financial return, and all the rewards boil down to games and game-related tchotchkes, which don't have intrinsic value to an investor.

Basically, as soon as any gaming conversation moves out of the purely financial and into the region of passion, of caring about the artform, he's out of his comfort zone. And there's nothing wrong with that, of course; that's not his role in the industry. But ultimately: Let us have our passions! It's the tiny bit of the industry that *isn't* faceless, isn't predicated on producing for the mass market; it's the bit that introduced us, it's the bit that's - to some small extent - *ours*.

Just increased my pledge from 60 to 99. I would do 120, but I'm tight on money as it is and with Udon doing the art book, I'll take my chances and hope it'll be on their site later.

RM8

WHAT DO. I really want to add a physical copy, but it'll be wasted money of the shipping method doesn't allow tracking :(

Top Bottom