• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

It's kind of a shame that the 3DS version is bundled with the Vita version. It would be Amazing to watch Sony fund the difference at the last second to meet the goal. I think the 3DS version prevents them from even considering that.

Akai__

Would be nice, if they could update the PayPal pledges. I think it's well over 100.000$ and we may have hit already the next-gen console stretch goal, but we don't know yet.

Ravek

Banned
It's kind of a shame that the 3DS version is bundled with the Vita version. It would be Amazing to watch Sony fund the difference at the last second to meet the goal. I think the 3DS version prevents them from even considering that.

If it doesn't reach the stretch goal watch for when Sony says "fuck yeah its on Vita!" After they pay for it on Vita.

todd360

If it doesn't reach the stretch goal watch for when Sony says "fuck yeah its on Vita!" After they pay for it on Vita.

New vita bundle. beck themed vita with mighty number 9 preinstalled to included 4 gb mem card. That would be so mighty bro.

Next gen versions are pretty much in the bag. It's the handheld versions that really need the final push. It's looking bleak as of now, but certainly possible.

todd360

I really don't care about the handheld versions. I mean I want it to happen for you guys who want it and I also want it to happen for people who would want to buy a handheld version once the game releases. Its just that I want the ps4 version and I can remote play it on my vita if I really wanted to. Hope it makes it to handheld but I won't be super disappointed if it doesn't.

RM8

I'll play it on PC and 3DS. Maybe on PS3/4 and WiiU. Lol, I wish it had exclusive stuff to justify multiple-dipping.

Takao

Banned
Ummm...based on how 3DS's fanbase massively dwarfs the Vita fanbase in size isn't it the other way around?

What do hardware sales have to do with what I said? Vita and 3DS are bundled in the same stretch goal at $200k more than the previous one. Vita can handle a straight port of MN9 as it runs on UE3, which supports that platform. UE3 doesn't support 3DS because it doesn't meet minimum spec. Therefore it's not out of the question to assume the majority of that $200k is going to the 3DS version.

kurahador

What do hardware sales have to do with what I said? Vita and 3DS are bundled in the same stretch goal at $200k more than the previous one. Vita can handle a straight port of MN9 as it runs on UE3, which supports that platform. UE3 doesn't support 3DS because it doesn't meet minimum spec. Therefore it's not out of the question to assume the majority of that $200k is going to the 3DS version.

I agree. Wouldn't surprise me if they had to use different engine altogether for 3DS version.

RM8

But the 3DS version can potentially make much more money not only based on user base size, but the fact that classic side scrollers tend to do better on Nintendo platforms. So it's fair, really.

I think the 3ds supports UE2.5 lol

By my estimates and general increase from where PayPal is at (I am estimating 100,000 at this point), we are about 10K from the PS4/XB1 Versions of the game.

Is there a place to see how much Paypal funding they've gotten so far?

Not currently. They update the Paypal sales once a day for the past few days when they reach a stretch goal.

But the 3DS version can potentially make much more money not only based on user base size, but the fact that classic side scrollers tend to do better on Nintendo platforms. So it's fair, really.

I actually doubt this as Mighty No 9 would only release as a digital game on Vita and 3DS. 3DS's E-store pales in sales compared to PSN Digital Sales.

Well, if nothing else, at least Vita will be able to Remote Play the PS4 version.

EDIT: Personally, I would have done next gen, then handhelds, THEN current gen. By the time this game comes out, the current gen will be over. Plus, from what we've heard so far, it should be easier to port to PS4 and PS Vita than PS3.

Takao

Banned

If they cared about reaching the widest userbase the additional platforms wouldn't have been such far out stretch goals.

Kurod

Banned
So excited for this game but it's also so far off. It's hard to believe that it comes out the same year we'll have hoverboards, power laces, self-drying jackets, and Elijah Wood telling us that games requiring the use of hands are just like baby toys.

I feel so old now.

I actually doubt this as Mighty No 9 would only release as a digital game on Vita and 3DS. 3DS's E-store pales in sales compared to PSN Digital Sales.
Proof you have for that, all evidence I've heard says Digital Sales on the 3DS are really strong.

As for porting the game to the 3DS, as I've said before I think it would make more sense for the 3DS to get a side story or something else, not a port of the game as even through the 3DS is an amazing system, a port of the same game is going to be compared to the other games and its never going to be as slick or fluid as the others just like what happened with Rayman Origins.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm at the $99 tier right now - but does the exclusive transformation of Beck (the one that's included in the $99 tier) also in the all digital tier (the $80 one)? I know it mentions an exclusive transformation, but is that a different one? Also, does all the digital stuff come in the $99 tier?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I don't understand how the size of the userbase has anything to do with hardware specs...

I believe he meant 3DS users will be the majority who pledge that stretchgoal, so its mostly 3ds owners funding the vita/3ds version, not the other way round.

What's with the vita owners getting so upset with other platforms getting the game anyway, or even wishing it is a vita exclusive?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PAYPAL TOTAL: $115,000 (as of 7:00pm PDT Mon, 9/30)

Thread title needs to be updated with $3.3M funded.

3460c4224f8efc625be82f9483a05488_large.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, X1/PS4 version funded. We're so damn close to reaching handheld versions. I'm still holding out that if a Vita version is funded, they'll make a Cross-Buy version.

Top Bottom