• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Platinum? Shenmue? Lol dont be ridiculous, those games hover at the 20 million range ... On the cheap.

SmugFox

Put in 20 gold coins.

vls9pKu.gif

Drago

Backed $20. Hoping the WiiU version comes to fruition, maybe even a Vita version!

First ever KS back too. This game is making so much so quickly...

Did anyone notice at the 4:33 mark the character concept shown is highly reminiscent of one of the concept arts from Legends 3?

aero1.jpg

bRqJqL3.png

I'd wager we'll see a lot more from the unused Legends 3 concept art make it's way into the game.

zroid

Banned
Depending on how the stretch goals turn out, I miiiight go in for 20. I don't really want to put down money for a game 2 years early, but I like the idea of having access to all that insider content. It worked out great with Double Fine Adventure.

Whether I back or not will have no bearing on if they meet their goals (they will, easily), so I don't have to worry about that.

Not really feeling No 9's design.

I like the more simplistic design of classic MegaMan in Smash more. 9 has that modern square enix character design problem of just to much stuff going on.

They just need to tone him down a little but I never liked the look of post NES megaman ether and I guess this design does fit the SNES style more.

Will back though. Got to keep Ben Judd out of the gutter.

Mzo

$250 backed. It's happening.

Fucking TOM-PON. Half of yuki-chan's papa. Inti Creates. The talent behind this is staggering.

SmithnCo

Yeah, that character looks like a nod to Aero. Except this one's cooler cuz she doesn't have zipper sleeves and unzipped pants.

Shion

Suzuki - shenmue rights
Sakaguchi - might be a fit here? i don't think MS has any ties to his studio now
Platinum - i dunno, maybe they're still hoping to get bought by nintendo or somebody

to what extent do japanese devs know about KS?

Yeah but, even if he can't get the Shenmue rights, he can always create new stuff.

I really want to see Suzuki back in action.

Did anyone notice at the 4:33 mark the character concept shown is highly reminiscent of one of the concept arts from Legends 3?

aero1.jpg

bRqJqL3.png

I'd wager we'll see a lot more from the unused Legends 3 concept art make it's way into the game.
Yep, certainly seems deliberate too, after seeing Not Cutman, Not Wiley, and Not Roll.

Yeah, that character looks like a nod to Aero. Except this one's cooler cuz she doesn't have zipper sleeves and unzipped pants.
Welp, we're possibly going to be in the same predicament come this project's heroine-selection polling. The Rockman DASH 3 Waifu Wars were simply outstanding.

Platy

Suddenly the Console insane stakes don't sound that insane =P

Also, the video had me rolling in tears because of so much laughing.

From the start with the building to the end with the headgear in the bottom left, it is like "how much megaman references can you put without saying megaman"

AutumnAve

$250 backed. It's happening.

Fucking TOM-PON. Half of yuki-chan's papa. Inti Creates. The talent behind this is staggering.

haha, Yuukichan's Papa. I remember that name from Mega Man 2's credits. They seem to be hitting all the right notes.

Kurod

Banned
I hope the main villain is named "Dr. Tsuji" or "Dr. Moto" or something similar. Bonus if he has two sons for assistants.

TwelveMind

Neo Member
There were 101,280 members for a Facebook group entitled "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3." Assuming each of those member learns about this and at least half pledges $20 because of Keiji Inafune, then we're theoretically looking at the sum total of $1,012,800 at the very least. It's looking up!

Razlo

I really want to see the PAX panel on this, but I can't find the video on Twitch. Is there somewhere online I can check it out?

Thanks to any who can help!

xBuTcHeRx

This made me cry with joy. Mega Man X x2 x3 and legends. Mighty NO9 brings back that classic 2D love! He says for any backers after PC priority will let the community choose on what other platform(s) we'll want it to go. I say VITA! Hands down!

I hope it at least reaches the stretch goal for the 2 extra stages. 6 stages doesn't sound like much, but 8 is plenty enough. I can't wait to see the game in action.

Kokonoe

Banned
There were 101,280 members for a Facebook group entitled "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3." Assuming each of those member learns about this and at least half pledges $20 because of Keiji Inafune, then we're theoretically looking at the sum total of $1,012,800. It's looking up!

True. However, this isn't a Legends-esque game, it's a sidescroller.

Teknoman

Oh man...I know the soundtrack is going to be insane and I kinda wanna do the 60 back. I mean just listen to the proposal video theme!

I won't lie, this is the one Kickstarter that most appeals to me. I'd really like to play this on the Wii U.

Also, let SUPERSWEEP do the soundtrack.

Top Bottom