• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Shoyz

Don't really see the appeal in having a physical box with no physical game inside it. Can't they burn a CD?

Drago

The sample track on the KS page
EWmof.gif

syko de4d

Kickstarter is so awesome, all the people from the 90s now have money and we get all the classics back. Mega Man, Infinity-Engine like RGPs, Space Sims etc.

Great years to come :)

edit:

I hate Kickstarter with passion, but I will back this up only if it's close to reach the goal.

why do you hate it? You dont need to back anything. Kickstarter brings back many classic and hardcore Genres.

epmode

I hate Kickstarter with passion, but I will back this up only if it's close to reach the goal.

I feel like a lot of people don't realize that you don't get charged unless the goal is reached, and only at the end of the campaign.

Kickstarter (and crowdfunding in general) is the best thing to happen to videogames in years.

This seems like one of those titles that, even if it does not reach the $2 million Kickstarter for console development, Nintendo or Sony might try and offset the cost.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like the art style at all.

but I really hope it gets backed.

2015 is really far away so I won't back it personally, but I'd really like it to set a good precedent for this kind of Kickstarter collaboration for Japanese devs.

Mulgrok

This game looks awesome, but I already tapped out my gaming budget for a while. Guess I will have to wait for this to hit GOG or Steam. :(

haha, Yuukichan's Papa. I remember that name from Mega Man 2's credits.

Hah, I never realized that it was a team of three people until tonight, and always assumed it was just some guy who was really proud of his newborn daughter. :p

Inafune was always a major Zero fanboy, so I wonder if No. 9 will get killed halfway through the game and get replaced by a blonde samurai carrying dual lightsabers named No.0 or something

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, this might do better than I thought. This might be the reveal hype doing its work, and perhaps the PAX influence as well, but I was ready to think that it be at 100k before the weekend was over.

I can definitely see it making the funding goal at the very least.

thefit

Don't really see the appeal in having a physical box with no physical game inside it. Can't they burn a CD?

CD wat? get out of here there is nothing so satisfying as the physical boxes of the past that held cartridges along with their instruction manuals and loads of other little goodies like sneak peaks at upcoming game mini flyers etc. I'll gladly pay for that nostalgia.

Tellaerin

You play as Beck, the 9th in a line of powerful robots, and the only one not infected by a mysterious computer virus that has caused mechanized creatures the world over to go berserk.

tu1quskd.jpg
?

^ If that's an intentional reference, I'd fund it for that alone.

Teknoman

That would be crazy if Nintendo or Sony swooped in. Would that even be possible though?

Also damn that is some nice music. Woman is a GENIUS.

Cartman86

Banned
It looks like mega man. and that's okay.

I hope everything is completely 2D. it's hard to tell.

What kind of graphic fidelity are you aiming for?

We realize it can be hard to envision the project, since everything we’ve shown so far are mockups made for design documents. We do want to be clear this is no retro de-make; the fidelity we based our budget on to set our initial Kickstarter goal is for a game in-line with AAA current-gen console (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U) 2D download titles. We can also safely say the plan is to use what is often called the “2.5D” setup: 3D models for characters and most objects, with the gameplay in 2D.

But maybe a better way of thinking about it is this: No matter what, Mighty No. 9 won’t be pushing the technological envelope of what the hottest AAA next-gen games are doing, but that’s not the point; the point is it’s going to look awesome—at least so awesome, in terms of both design and tech, that you won’t be thinking about how many polygons or shaders or GURPS or whatever that it’s pushing or not pushing. If you’re still wondering, you could look at the two developers working on Mighty No. 9, look at their previous games, look at the early art and overall production value you see evident on this page, and decide for yourself what they are capable of. Either way, we are confident that, if you were interested enough in the game to read this far into the page, you don’t need to worry about this.

That one concept that looks like a screenshot (it's not) looks entirely 2D to me, but this answer on the Kickstarter makes it sound like it will look different. More like Mega Man Powered Up perhaps?

I'm not even a Megaman fan and I think this looks cool. Once it looks like it will reach the last stretch goal, I'll be in. I'd already have backed it if my computer weren't to weak.

Hope it reaches it's goal.

Anteo

How much money do you think this will get when all is said and done?
130k in a couple of hours seems crazy to me

Also, DAT MUSIC

ALL OF MY MONEY!!!

When I heard of it, I was already convinced... but watching the kickstarter video literally brought a tear to my eye. While he didn't say it by name, he basically said that he wanted to make it up to fans for the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 and you could just tell he meant every word of it.

You always have my money Keiji Inafune... always.

Kickstarter is so awesome, all the people from the 90s now have money and we get all the classics back. Mega Man, Infinity-Engine like RGPs, Space Sims etc.

Great years to come :)

edit:

why do you hate it? You dont need to back anything. Kickstarter brings back many classic and hardcore Genres.

I hate it because of Double Fine, and that Trolls Susan debacle.

And Basically people don't want to take risks, and risk free investments lack the same passion, they are too safey.

Anyways, debating with the pillow if I pledge this today or later.

TreIII

Inafune was always a major Zero fanboy, so I wonder if No. 9 will get killed halfway through the game and get replaced by a blonde samurai carrying dual lightsabers named No.0 or something

Nah. With any luck, we'll see Beck joined by a mysterious partner in red named "Ray" in the sequel. (Ray = Rei = 0 GET IT!?)

Top Bottom