• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Cimarron

This might sounds selfish but I wish they'd push the PS Vita & 3DS Versions! goal further down. I want to play as Call!

My thoughts exactly! :p Well I put my $60 bucks in for the physical edition (the greedy bastard in me thinks that it will be worth more than the other version). This is my first kick starter. Some how I got caught up in the magic of the movement. =D

Bsigg12

Hopefully this is enough money to support this many versions of the game. I'm cautiously excited, but skeptical that with all the stretch goals that have been met, that they'll have enough money to get this thing in at the $3.5 million that this should finish at. The Double Fine kickstarter is a framework of a game that grew too large for what the developer was expecting and that game has been stretched hard. CLANG is an example of a game that took a risk and didn't payoff, though I highly doubt that if they needed help of a publisher for more money, they wouldn't easily get it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
tumblr_mtyxj3i01h1qh4yl8o1_500.jpg

RM8

BTW I wouldn't be so worried about the 3DS version. When it's not possible, developers will state it (like the lack of 3DS version for the Shantae KS game). This is a side scroller that aims to have the scope of a downloadable PS360 game and we were never told it'd be difficult to have it on 3DS, we were just asked for more support. Actually, it was mentioned that the team has experience with handhelds.

Busaiku

New wall, but I stopped looking around before the posts for today, cause I think most people accepted it was gonna happen by that point.
Probably could've had more PureGone posts, but that's good enough.

3.3m for PS4/XB1 versions seems pretty unlikely but I hope it makes it. By the time this comes out (2015) I think the majority of gamers will have moved to next-gen.

Yeah. I think it'll be close, but not the quite the target.

$3.3 million for next gen versions? That's just cruel.

A real shame this isn't coming to X1,PS4. :/ Well, at least online co-op could still happen right?

Only 8 days left and still no console version? lol at all the people that were telling me it was going to get there.

So..... No next gen. The dream is dead.

3.3 is probably a long shot, but who knows. It should clear 3 mil, it'll have a puncher's chance of going further.

I'd expect a PS4 release sooner rather than later regardless whether or not it meets the goal. XBone ... who knows.

I would really like to play this on the PS4 if at all possible, but it's not looking like it'll make it...

Hmm, that's another $800,000 in five days. I think that's honestly pushing it, even though most Kickstarters do get a boost in their final couple of days.

Even if they don't reach it, I have a feeling we will eventually get PS4/Xbone ports anyway.

Also, darn it Dr Kaos, you're not me!

mao2

You can play as her in Challenge mode. :)
I want to play her single-player level. :/

This is kinda understandable. o: I mean, once it reaches handhelds, I think the backing will slow back down. Where if handhelds were AFTER Call single player. I think we'd get both.
Maybe we'll get lucky though!
I sure hope so. I upgraded my pledge from $20 to $60 so that's an additional $40. :p

Tusk

I want to play her single-player level. :/

I sure hope so. I upgraded my pledge from $20 to $60 so that's an additional $40. :p

Awesome! :D
I'm pretty excited to see what Call plays like. I hope they show it some time. :p Atleast as some concept art.

Busaiku

put in $99. gonna get the wii u version. i will be able to choose that later, right?

Yes, but keep in mind that you won't get access to the Beta if you chose any version other than Steam (PC, Mac, or Linux).
John wasn't able to get back to me on whether the physical PC version qualifies or not.

Yes, but keep in mind that you won't get access to the Beta if you chose any version other than Steam (PC, Mac, or Linux).
John wasn't able to get back to me on whether the physical PC version qualifies or not.
Since I can't upgrade my video card on my laptop sadly due to not knowing how (though still donated $80 for the exclusive transformations), I'm going to be giving away my beta code. How I'll do it is another story.

Busaiku

Since I can't upgrade my video card on my laptop sadly (though still donated $80 for the exclusive transformations), I'm going to be giving away my beta code. How I'll do it is another story.

You can choose whichever platform you want it on.
If your PC can't handle it, get it on Wii U/PS3/360/PS4/360/Vita/3DS.

Rhapsody

Banned
NAlso, darn it Dr Kaos, you're not me!
Now I can't rely on just looking at avatars.
Anyone think this makes the Call stage goal?
Definitely has a shot, imo.
i dont know, there are some pretty fine games on UE

case in point
He meant on portables. I've heard that the engine doesn't run perfectly on current gen consoles compared to PC, so portables are going to need some work.

You can choose whichever platform you want it on.
If your PC can't handle it, get it on Wii U/PS3/360/PS4/360/Vita/3DS.
Yes I can choose what platform I want to play the system one (I already said I'm getting it on the PS4). Just saying that since the beta is PC-exclusive, that I'm going to be giving away my beta code.

Busaiku

Yes I can choose what platform I want to play the system one (I already said I'm getting it on the PS4). Just saying that since the beta is PC-exclusive, that I'm going to be giving away my beta code.

You don't get a Beta code unless you get the PC/Mac/Linux version.
Not sure about the disc/USB stick yet.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Has this changed?

Good news: Sounds like I was wrong about my interpretation of the beta stuff -- if you pledge for the beta, you will get the beta (for PC), regardless of which platform you choose as your main platform for the final game. :)

(Glad you asked!)

(I'm gonna edit my earlier post so no one gets confused.)

Top Bottom