• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

gemoran4

So if one of these kickstarter people ends up using the money on hookers and blow you don't get any of your money back?

Well that's part of the risk of kickstarter unfortunately (it's an investment basically, not a loan and you can get burned by it). I feel like Kickstarter does a good job weeding those kind of people out though, every project i've pledged to so far have been pretty reliable with updates and getting their projects completed.

Also helps when you have respected members of the industry at the forefront of these kickstarter campaigns like inafune (who had worked on mega man titles and other projects at capcom for like 25 years)

So if I plop down $20 to help it push through the Vita/3DS barrier for y'all can I get myself a PS4 download code or are the codes current gen only?

gemoran4

So if I plop down $20 to help it push through the Vita/3DS barrier for y'all can I get myself a PS4 download code or are the codes current gen only?

I'm pretty sure the code will be for whatever system you choose to receive the game for. So you should be able to get a PS4 download code

Fireblend

Banned
You'll get to choose between whatever platforms the game will be released for (including next gen and portable consoles if it reaches the stretchgoal).

Soule

Again I only meant on handhelds. I'm getting GGXrd on the PS4.
Hahaha it's been pretty funny watching how many people didn't register you were directing your comments at the portable versions, for the record I agree I don't know how they will get it to run well and look well and I wonder just how much effort they put into those versions. Will be interesting to see that's for sure.

I should probably get on that wall now.

It'll be sad when the kickstarter finally does end that the fuel for debate over the funding ends. As much as I love seeing the naysayers proven wrong I have enjoyed seeing how it energizes the M#9 defense squad into action each time.

If there were only 3-4 designs, F would have had a harder time competing... but the more options they add in, the more likely F will win simply because it has the familiarity advantage. With more designs, those who don't have a tie to Roll Call are going to spread out their vote more over the other choices fairly evenly.

As it is, there isn't any way to prove Roll Call has won the current vote (we'll know in the next few hours) but she's a shoe-in for top three, at which point they're going to do something for a tie breaker I'd assume.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Just contributed 60.00 to the cause and opted for the physical copy of the game. I'm assuming that some point in the future before the game ships they'll survey an find out which platform the backers would like to receive. Being a first time kickstarter, it's a good feeling contributing and feeling as though you are truly a part of something. I think I'll be supporting more kickstarters in the future, more than likely Hyper Light Drifter (which looks neat). Anyway I'm surprised at how much the funding jumped since I was skimming NEOGAF earlier today. It was 2.2 mil. but now it's sitting at 3.3mil...damn. Maybe the entire goal will be surpassed.

Probably high, I'm expecting it to be in the top 3 along with A and E.

I don't WANT it to be F, but eh.. whatever, I'll accept it if it wins.. maybe.

I wouldn't think A has very high chances at all... I'd figure I, E, and F myself... with Roll Call being the only correct answer.

KoopaTheCasual

Probably high, I'm expecting it to be in the top 3 along with A and E.

I don't WANT it to be F, but eh.. whatever, I'll accept it if it wins.. maybe.

I'll accept F if that color concept of her with purple hair pink highlights makes it. It gives her, her own identity away from Roll.

Also, if we get a "Winner" will we vote on color pallete, or is that purely up to Comcept?

Aaron

How am I shitting up this one I was just asking a question.
You're asking a question that you admit doesn't apply to the thread you're in. That's why there are topics, instead of people just posing any question they feel like wherever.

You're asking a question that you admit doesn't apply to the thread you're in. That's why there are topics, instead of people just posing any question they feel like wherever.

It was a question related to kickstarter, a service being used as the primary backing medium for this project. It's a relevant question asked in regular manner. Calm down dude... we all love Beck and Call here.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hahaha it's been pretty funny watching how many people didn't register you were directing your comments at the portable versions, for the record I agree I don't know how they will get it to run well and look well and I wonder just how much effort they put into those versions. Will be interesting to see that's for sure.

Well if I end up playing it on a portable it will be on my Vita via remote play unless they prove me wrong and make a competent port!

Did anyone make a thread announcing that this reached the PS4 and XBO goal? We need to let all those people waiting for that goal to be reached to pledge that it's time to cough up their dough.

Voted for E. Like the design, plus is the only non-Roll Call design with a realistic chance of winning.
Have they said anything about how this game is gonna work on 3DS? Putting aside the fact that it doesn't support any version of Unreal (AFAIK), the game they showed a clip of is either gonna have to be majorly zoomed in, or it's gonna like like complete crap.
Renegade Games has offered to put the game on the 3DS should a version be made available (and it looks as it will). Perhaps they can get a good port going.

Fox318

I'm glad this is getting so much funding but isn't there the possibility that Capcom could sue or prevent sales based on property infringement?

I'm glad this is getting so much funding but isn't there the possibility that Capcom could sue or prevent sales based on property infringement?

Why? It's not megaman. Doesn't matter that it's blatantly inspired by it. Can't sue for that. You have to explicitly steal shit to infringe on copyrights and this is different enough to pass.

Gameplay ideas can't really be copyrighted.

Backed for as much as I can afford at the moment. Wonder if he will incorporate the rumble triggers on the X1? Hope it also makes it to the 3ds, if it does I will get both!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

There's pretty much no chance. I believe there's precedent for this as well, though I don't recall the case.

Trike

They can sue, but not successfully in all likelihood. Besides, the only thing they really have to go off is a vaguely similar design, which Inafune says is just his style, and some test gameplay footage. We don't actually know how similar this will end up being to Mega Man, despite it following the same boss structure.

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist

About as much a chance as Capcom being sued by Sony and Ubisoft for their Assassin's Creed/Demon's Souls clone.
Deep Down

nded

Awyeah, let's go. No way this game ain't 60fps.

8Ya6.gif

They tried that shit in the 90s with Data East's Fighter's History and it didn't work. It's not like they own the rights to videogame robots.

Pretty much no chance of that happening. Capcom wouldn't be able to win either and the long-term damage that would result form Capcom suing Inafune would ultimately lead to their demise.

Loxley

Capcom aren't Disney; they're not going to sue Inafune simply because his character looks vaguely like Megaman.

I mean, look at Akira Toriyama, his designs are all over the fucking place but there's no point in suing him when it's just his style that causes characters to look similar.

Top Bottom