• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
i dont know, there are some pretty fine games on UE

case in point
4580.gif

Again I only meant on handhelds. I'm getting GGXrd on the PS4.

I actually decided not to go for Beta. I don't wanna spoil the joy of playing the final product from start to finish on day 1.

I usually don't feel this way, but for this project, I dunno. It just seems like the right way for me to go.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Man, I'm kinda thinking of going upping my funding to $99 for the beta. Still tossing it around in my head.

I was thinking about doing it a few weeks ago, too. I'm not sure what to do yet!

mao2

More like 3DS further down.

PS Vita and Call should be in the same tier.
I suppose they're grouped together because they'll be outsourced.

My thoughts exactly! :p Well I put my $60 bucks in for the physical edition (the greedy bastard in me thinks that it will be worth more than the other version). This is my first kick starter. Some how I got caught up in the magic of the movement. =D
I chose the $60 All-Digital Reward Set instead. I'll have to fork out an extra $15 for shipping if I picked the physical version, plus I'm a bit of a sucker for exclusive in-game items. :p

Awesome! :D
I'm pretty excited to see what Call plays like. I hope they show it some time. :p Atleast as some concept art.
They have to decide on Call's look first though.

Krammy

Really excited to see this coming to PS4. By the time 2015 rolls around, I'm sure it'll make a nice addition to the collection. Hopefully Inafking and team have some more stretch goals lined up as well, considering how fast they're getting hit now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ahh, missed this, where'd they say this?

Good news: Sounds like I was wrong about my interpretation of the beta stuff -- if you pledge for the beta, you will get the beta (for PC), regardless of which platform you choose as your main platform for the final game. :)

(Glad you asked!)

(I'm gonna edit my earlier post so no one gets confused.)

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
Maybe my landlord will give me a two week grace period so I can donate more. So glad we're getting next-gen and most likely handheld versions!

We're currently sitting at roughly 3.37 mil with paypal added in. Portable versions are looking more and more like a foregone conclusion.

Tusk

Welp, I'ma head to bed now. xD
I hope this makes it to 3.7, Would love that Call single player.
Bye, everyone. Have fun. :p Can't wait to see what it's at tomorrow morning.

Zen

Banned
There's no way this doesn't reach 3.5 and will probably break 3.7. Hopefully they develop it with no compromises for the target hardware (they were originjnally going PC and current gen level presumably) and let the 3DS have a downport in capable hands, no way do I want a 3DS version compromising the product. That kind of thing might happen to the Vita version, but you likely wouldn't see overall design changes because of it, where as you could with something like the 3DS with concurrent development.

nillapuddin

So if I pitch in $20 now, I could choose to get an XBO code when it releases?

Would that be cheaper then buying it whenever it comes out?

So if I pitch in $20 now, I could choose to get an XBO code when it releases?

Would that be cheaper then buying it whenever it comes out?

First part yes, second part we don't know. The game isn't going to (initially, sans any pre-sales) to be less than $20 on release... but we haven't heard word yet if it's going to be more expensive or not. I'd assume not. I'd assume they pinned down the budget and cost of the game early on and are aiming at $20 for the final product.

Akainu

So if one of these kickstarter people ends up using the money on hookers and blow you don't get any of your money back?

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
So if one of these kickstarter people ends up using the money on hookers and blow you don't get any of your money back?

Probably not, but I doubt they want to go jail for fraud.

Edit: Well, I guess they'd be jail for the hookers and blow anyway, but you get the point.

nillapuddin

First part yes, second part we don't know. The game isn't going to (initially, sans any pre-sales) to be less than $20 on release... but we haven't heard word yet if it's going to be more expensive or not. I'd assume not. I'd assume they pinned down the budget and cost of the game early on and are aiming at $20 for the final product.

Awesome, thanks bud

Definitely going to drop the money now then, been following since day 1, 2 days ago I thought next gen was too much of a stretch, color me shocked

You're essentially "pre purchasing" whatever reward tier you buy into. There is always a chance that something could be a scam... but there would be a lot of people putting their names on this that wouldn't want that kind of bad publicity (Inti Creates, Comcept, 8-4, Inafune himself, just to name a few).

As long as you get the reward you paid for, I'd say it probably doesn't matter how they spent the money. If Inafune wants to take a cut to get a high class prostitute, I'm okay with that.... as long as my game gets made!

Takao

Banned

The people running this Kickstarter are currently active in the industry and have a pedigree starting 20+ years ago.

gemoran4

I put down $20 so far, but i really would like to see those 3DS/Vita versions come out...also part of me is a sucker for cartridges, so i might throw down the extra $36 and get that bad boy.

I'm probably going to wait till the last few hours

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Nope. That's the risk that everyone should know before getting into Kickstarter. You're not buying a product. You're technically donating to a project because you believe in the people in charge of it.

There's more risk in backing some projects than others. You weigh that risk.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Have they said anything about how this game is gonna work on 3DS? Putting aside the fact that it doesn't support any version of Unreal (AFAIK), the game they showed a clip of is either gonna have to be majorly zoomed in, or it's gonna like like complete crap.

Top Bottom