• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Just backed it via paypal for a digital version...hopefully I don't have to decide which platform for a while, who knows what I'm going to be playing on most in 2015! But I chipped in to help it hit that Vita version, it'll be nice to have the option. (And I feel good knowing that it'll be on Wii U, Mac & PS4 for sure now).

Awyeah, let's go. No way this game ain't 60fps.

8Ya6.gif

Needs cel shading.

Over 25K in one hours...

Imagine if we get 25K eighteen more hours. That means that we will definitely get the solo Call stage & boss.

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

x3sphere

Have they said anything about how this game is gonna work on 3DS? Putting aside the fact that it doesn't support any version of Unreal (AFAIK), the game they showed a clip of is either gonna have to be majorly zoomed in, or it's gonna like like complete crap.

Splinter Cell 3DS used UE2, so the engine does run on 3DS in some capacity.

I don't know what version they're using, but probably not incredibly difficult to downport to UE2 if it's running on 3.

Yes. I would not be surprised if Comcept will have a robot dog as a support character for Mighty No. 9.

Well, we've seen the dog show up a few times in different concept art pieces. I'm just wondering it that's the support character they're referring to or if it's something else.

If it keeps up that pace, then they'll need to put up that next stretch goal too. No idea what they could still be adding at this stage.
At this rate, I'm honestly curious to see what surprises the team has in store for us that hasn't already gotten revealed as part of a stretch goal (or hasn't been revealed through artwork)

@Ordion: Man if that is true... I'm going to be one sad panda for not being able to donate more.

Velcro Fly

100k in 3.5 hours

Think it's safe to say they'll get another 100k in the next 18.

The real question is can they get 300k in the next 18.

dropbear

Banned
Absolutely crazy the amount of support this is drumming up.

It's great to see. My confidence in their ability to deliver is high.

Ugghhh... I really want to play this on the Vita, but for all honesty, I'd be kind of pissed if this does not reach that Call stage.

I'd rather get that playable Call (without being Coop) and play it on PC instead than be able to play it on Vita without single player Call. :/

RM8

This is SO going to happen. I really didn't think it was going to be possible! I was more than okay with PC/WiiU/PS4, but now I'll have it on my favorite platform in addition to those :D

Raziel

Didn't even know this was about to end, it could probably attract that much more attention even a tiny bit if it said "less than 24h" or something in the thread title.

RM8

It's probably not going to happen as a retail release. :(
It'd be so awesome to have a physical 3DS version :p But that's truly impossible. Honestly, as someone who only goes digital when a game is not available physically, I'm happy that this game exists in any form.

I wonder why Single Player Call Stage & Boss stretch goal is $50,000 more expensive than any regular stage & boss stretch goal. Afterall, they are implenting Online Co-Op (for Challenge Mode), so that means Call would have all the basic animations and coding done, anyway.

Nice to see it reached the next-gen console ports goal. Now, all that is left are the handheld ports. :)

Yeah, this. The concept art looks Mega Man X style, and this looks like the new Strider game. :(

It's just a placeholder. Their aim is to have it look as close as possible to the concept art by the final game.

Also, regarding Strider, it's being called a metroidvania, and they showed off other possible areas in the art. The only one we seen so far is the snowy area. The other areas might actually look different(that tend to be a theme with metroidvanias, including both the mother of metroidvanias, Metroid, and the metroidvania Castlevanias, each area tends to it's own unique look, artistic/structure motif and color scheme).

What are the chances they have designs worked out for the shirts/game boxes by the time the kickstarter ends?

I think I'm going to go with the NES style box and the Japanese style shirt but I want to see the designs before I commit.

Top Bottom