• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

RM8

so, I only need to pledge $20 to get Vita version if it reach the stretch goal right?
Yes. Do it now, please.
---

Since the money is here... I'd actually prefer if they'd use Renegade Kid for the 3DS version than that other studio with no 3DS experience :p

Yes. Do it now, please.
---

Since the money is here... I'd actually prefer if they'd use Renegade Kid for the 3DS version than that other studio with no 3DS experience :p

done. so are they going to email you question about which version I want to get whether it's pc, ps4, or vita?

RM8

done. so are they going to email you question about which version I want to get whether it's pc, ps4, or vita?
Yup.

That’s right! At this level, we can make digital versions of Mighty No. 9 for the two most popular handheld systems out there: the PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS! (These will both be added to the list of available systems to choose from, so every backer who is set to receive a download version of Mighty No. 9 can choose either of these as the system for their game download, instead of a home console or PC version.)

nillapuddin

Backed, Xbox One co-op mode sold me

Backed this and Ghost Song...

Metroid and Mega Man.. in 2014!

..Since the real owners wont do it themselves ; )

MicH

Can't believe handhelds are so close. Now I can't decide which platform I want it for - Wii U, 3DS or Vita? Or PS4 whenever I get one. Man

IzzyF3

Man... I kinda want a stretch goal for them to ditch Unreal Engine. I looked at the wiki list of games made with unreal and none of them were free of texture pop in (not to mention how similar the games look). I'd rather have screen tearing than texture pop in. I was originally going to pledge $60, but I don't know now. $20 is fine I suppose.

RM8

I had decided to claim the PC version and then buy the 3DS version once it's out, but I think I'll do it the other way around since I'm not sure my PC will be able to run it! :p It runs PS360 ports like Sonic Racing Transformed, Mortal Kombat, SSFIV and SFxT, so it should be able to run this game, right?

In any case, I can play it on my by-then-purchased WiiU and PS4 :p But the 3DS version is a must for me.

IzzyF3

Eh, ended up pledging $60 physical game box edition. Was saving that money for next gen, but I feel like this is a special event.

They need a stretch goal where you can toggle between graphical styles, like 8-bit, 16-bit and then the existing engine. Especially if you could just tap a button while in gameplay to swap visual styles on the fly.

That would be so awesome.

Wikipedia says that there is going to be a physical disc release for consoles. How much do I pledge for that?

Pledging twenty dollars on Kickstarter guarantees a backer a digital copy of the game at release. Pledging at least forty dollars will additionally give a backer digital copies of the game manual, artbook/strategy guide, and the original soundtrack. Sixty dollars will allow a backer to receive physical copies of the aforementioned rewards, and packaged inside a box adorned with art of the backer's choosing, alongside a playable golden version of Beck.

The game will be digital regardless of platform. The "physical" stuff will be the manual/artbook/ost, etc for the $60 pledge.

Poor choice of words in the Wiki tis all

chrono01

The game will be digital regardless of platform. The "physical" stuff will be the manual/artbook/ost, etc for the $60 pledge.

Actually you can get a physical disc for the PC [along with a DVD case] as well as physical USB with the game on it [also for PC] for $26 and $36 respectively [$31 and $41 outside of the US].

Wikipedia says that there is going to be a physical disc release for consoles. How much do I pledge for that?

Wikipedia is wrong, but I hope they can figure a way to release it on stores, I want a console physical version, but we will have the PC version on disc or USB key, that's something at least.

Meia

Nah, there's a disc version, same as the USB ones and done the same way I think, but it's only for PC, not for consoles.

EDIT: Beaten badly.

Still wondering if I should go from 60 to 99, but already at like 96 with the usb stick. Do I want to cross $100, decisions decisions....

Actually you can get a physical disc for the PC [along with a DVD case] as well as physical USB with the game on it [also for PC] for $26 and $36 respectively [$31 and $41 outside of the US].

Nah, there's a disc version, same as the USB ones and done the same way I think, but it's only for PC, not for consoles.

EDIT: Beaten badly.

Still wondering if I should go from 60 to 99, but already at like 96 with the usb stick. Do I want to cross $100, decisions decisions....

I don't think the OST will be physical no matter how much your pledge.

I forgot the PC stuff. My bad, im a console peasant
KuGsj.gif

@MUWANdo

Banned
Splinter Cell 3DS used UE2, so the engine does run on 3DS in some capacity.

I don't know what version they're using, but probably not incredibly difficult to downport to UE2 if it's running on 3.

Are you sure the 3DS version is running on UE? The original console game may have, but the 3DS version is a bastardisation of the iOS ports. (Also, it's terrible.)

It's just a placeholder. Their aim is to have it look as close as possible to the concept art by the final game.

Ahh cool, that sounds good.

Also, regarding Strider, it's being called a metroidvania, and they showed off other possible areas in the art. The only one we seen so far is the snowy area. The other areas might actually look different(that tend to be a theme with metroidvanias, including both the mother of metroidvanias, Metroid, and the metroidvania Castlevanias, each area tends to it's own unique look, artistic/structure motif and color scheme).

I've never seen the snowy area, only the industrial looking area. I loved Strider, but it looks bad to me so far.

Edit: The gameplay more than the graphics. I particularly didn't like that the hits and being hit seemed to have no impact. But it's probably still early. I just don't have faith in DH.

Kickz

Yes the project is redeemed. In for Vita version.

Everyone on the fence on what to get it for, go for Vita. That sexy OLED screen made Rayman Legends a blast

IrishNinja

pulled the trigger...in for boxes! so dumb for a digi game but they know that shit is like kryptonite to old-school heads.

so 3.4 with paypal then yeah? 3DS/vita is in the bag, ya'll figure?

Yes the project is redeemed. In for Vita version.

Everyone on the fence on what to get it for, go for Vita. That sexy OLED screen made Rayman Legends a blast

I can confirm that Rayman is indeed an eyesplosion on Vita. I had played it before on PS3 & Wii U, but it was like I was looking at a completely different game on that screen. Just incredible.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Because Mighty No 9 is stealing all the attention. A case of bad timing on WayForward's part. Here's hoping when this KS ends people will shift attention to that one...it will have 3 days to raise 800k to hit all its goals. Miracles happen right?
No one has money left after spending on MN9. Will they even reach 700k in their extended paypal time post-kickstarter?

Top Bottom