• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
For the new page.

Update, combined with paypal donations, we've reached the Vita/3DS STRETCH GOAL!!!
6GF2e4P.png

Nice.

There is supposed to be a video or something celebrating the final day of the kickstarter right? What time was that supposed to be again? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see it on the front page anymore.

I was holding out hope for 3DS version, but a few days ago I was already prepared for the worst. Mega Man/Beck community is the greatest! The 100k strong for MML3 group on facebook is excited as hell.

(edit) While it doesn't affect the kickstarter directly, this guarantees I'll be buying a second copy of the game down the road... one for Wii U one for 3DS.

Zalman

PS4 will be my console of choice, but it's very cool to see handheld options for this game as well. Congratulations everyone. :)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3DS and Vita version, THEY'RE REAL! Fantastic!

Unveil the next stretch goal, come on :D

mclem

Start the countdown: $200k to Call's stage. The final stretch goal... unless they tag yet another new one on the bottom.

Everyone at the $5 reward tier and up. We'll figure out something cool, I'm sure!
I suggest a cube, and as you chip away at blocks, backer names are revealed!

... whaddya mean, it's been done?

Looks like we're getting our 3DS & Vita version:
its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Also, I am going to be bold and say that Capcom goes under unless they do something significant with Mega Ma the fans like in regards to Mighty No. 9.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Well color me elated! It has matched
(and beaten!)
Broken Age, as I
(and many others)
predicted!

If I were anyone from Comcept/8-4/Inti Creates/2pp/etc., I would feel high as a kite!

Will this game reach 3.7M? I so can't wait for the stream of the last few hours!

Busaiku: What avatar? I don't know what you're talking about.
;)

OmegaDL50

Aww, hell yeah!

This is what I'm talking about people!

Universal current and upcoming console releases.

Everything after this point is just gravy.

Fuzzy

Update 28: Communi-Tuesday V: THE FINAL COUNTDOWN (dee-doo-doo-dooo!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKzj-NaJoIc

Our final new stretch goals, ever! (...Well, maybe! :)

$3,800,000: OPTIONAL RETRO-STYLE CHIPTUNE SOUNDTRACK + FX! You’ve seen the names of the legendary musicians attached to this project: Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada... It’s a veritable who’s who of veteran game composers. So we thought, why not tap into that retro vibe and cook up an optional chiptune version of the entire Mighty No. 9 game soundtrack, including classic sound effects? That’s right – we’ll remix the entire soundtrack, retro 8-bit-style, and the game’s sound effects, for you to listen to in-game as you play, as an option you can toggle on or off in the settings menu!
$4,000,000: ONLINE BATTLE RACE MODE!! The ultimate online competition! You and one friend compete online, racing to the end of the same single-player stages -- you can see your rival as a "ghost" image in your game, but you can't affect each other, save for any enemies you defeat being sent over to impede each others' progress! It's an all new twist on a versus mode, that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign!

And in other news...

Expect a message or email with your Mighty No. and password for our community forums in the next few weeks (community forums will be hosted at MightyNo9.com, and are expected to go up in late October or early November of this year).

Re: the USB "cart" add-ons: these are currently planned as 2GB in size to fit the game. However, we won't be manufacturing these until the game is released in 2015, so if it's cost effective to do so, we'll increase the size.

For the physical disc add-on version of the game: The disc will be a DVD, and, we can announce, will ship in a full, proper, standard DVD case!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Vita and 3DS versions announced just now! way to go! :D

I wanted a level editor :(

Go go go!
Maybe it was a bit much for them, or they'd want to do more than just give their level design tools a consumer front-end. I could care less for leaderboard racing myself; it'll be pretty important for giving the game longevity, though.

I hope the digital soundtrack comes with the chiptune remixes. :]

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
We need a Guitar riff remix. I love those mega man youtube videos.

pa22word

So hey, the add on thing is kind of confusing for me, who's backed at the $60 physical box tier. Does this mean I need to add on more money to get a physical copy or does it already come with the box, or am I just getting the "box" and manual, but no disc/USB cart?

Thanks in advance.

Zalman

So hey, the add on thing is kind of confusing for me, who's backed at the $60 physical box tier. Does this mean I need to add on more money to get a physical copy or does it already come with the box, or am I just getting the "box" and manual, but no disc/USB cart?

Thanks in advance.
You're just getting the box and manual, sadly.

Fuzzy

Thanks in advance.
$60 just gets you a box. You need to up your pledge to get a physical disc or USB stick.

kuppy

I'm so happy this will also be on Vita and 3DS.
But damn, I'm greedy, the second I read retro soundtrack I wanted it, plsss..

Top Bottom