• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Anth0ny

Just pledged $75.84 to get the physical box in Canada. So excited. When do we tell them which style box/manual we want and which version of the game we want?

I hope we get chip tunes too! I think we can make it ^_^

Also, 8-4 BUMP CHOO CHOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just pledged $75.84 to get the physical box in Canada. So excited. When do we tell them which style box/manual we want and which version of the game we want?

They're going to email us later.

paolo11

I would classify Mega Man's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U as a huge announcement. Sven also said (before he left) that there wasn't a new game announcements on the way for Mega Man's 25th anniversary.

As for the game cancellation, as much as the Legends 3 cancellation sucked, they weren't to get back at Inafune/spit on the fans. Rockman Online had been in development hell, Mega Man Universe had mixed to negative reaction before cancellation and Maverick Hunter was such a drastic departure from the franchise that many fans were glad it never came to fruition (and on top of all of this, it was cancelled before Infaune left, so the cancellation can't be associated with Inafune leaving or spiting on the fans). As for Mega Man Legends 3, it was due to a variety of factors, such as the game being a niche subseries and being made for the 3DS in a time where the console was selling poorly. It probably would not have sold very well had it actually gotten release. The issue surrounding Legends 3 was announcing it while it wasn't even greenlighted, which Capcom has since not repeated. Also, before bringing up that Capcom blamed the fans... not really, that was one person from Capcom of Europe that said that (which isn't as important of a branch as Capcom of America and Capcom of Japan).

If MML3 would not sell well, why the anger of the fans? Also, a lot of fans were waiting for Maverick Hunter X 2.

Capcom screwed it up. Plain and simple. No excuses. Also, they are still screwing it up by making IOS games or always online free to play games. The only decent game is Dead Rising 3.

Hopefully not for a while. At this rate, I don't even know if Vita will still be much of a thing in 2015, or if I will fall in love with the PS4 controller enough to displace my desire for the Wii U version.

Fuzzy

About time I start pledging so I do not forget to do so. Hopefully there are plenty of people like me so they can get that Roll stage achievement.

storafötter;84202055 said:
About time I start pledging so I do not forget to do so. Hopefully there are plenty of people like me so they can get that Roll stage achievement.

If you look at the Kickstarter page, their total is really ticking up fast now. They're going to make it.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It kind of hit me, but this game is...Mega Man 11 haha. And it look GLORIOUS. We have to come up with Man/Woman names for the bosses. Tank Man is obviously one. Hydro Man? Helicopter Man? Shock Woman?

Fuzzy

If I pledged 120$, I still get the USB yeah? Or do I need to pledge more?
It depends on if you picked the $120 tier or something lower. CD and USB sticks are above and beyond whatever you pick.

If you're in the USA and want the $120 art book tier and also the USB stick then you need to pledge $156.

If you're outside the USA and and want the $120 art book tier and also the USB stick then you need to pledge $181.

TnK

It depends on if you picked the $120 tier or something lower. CD and USB sticks are above and beyond whatever you pick.

If you're in the USA and want the $120 art book tier and also the USB stick then you need to pledge $156.

If you're outside the USA and and want the $120 art book tier and also the USB stick then you need to pledge $181.

I am outside the US, and I only pledged for the 120$ artbook tier plus shipping. I honestly don't want to add $41 just for a USB having the game. Isn't that TOO expensive?

Fuzzy

I am outside the US, and I only pledged for the 120$ artbook tier plus shipping. I honestly don't want to add $41 just for a USB having the game. Isn't that TOO expensive?
It is expensive and I hate that us international buyers are getting dinged twice for shipping costs (or 4 times in my case). :(

TnK

It is expensive and I hate that us international buyers are getting dinged twice for shipping costs (or 4 times in my case). :(

Well that sucks. Aren't the international shipping rates fixed? That being said, when you made the pledge, did it ask for your address? because Amazon payments only asked for my billing address.

If MML3 would not sell well, why the anger of the fans? Also, a lot of fans were waiting for Maverick Hunter X 2.

Capcom screwed it up. Plain and simple. No excuses. Also, they are still screwing it up by making IOS games or always online free to play games. The only decent game is Dead Rising 3.
Because the anger of the fans don't necessarily imply that the game would have sold well if it had been released. At this day and age, 100,000 people simply aren't enough to sell a game anymore.

To all our becker backers, supports, fans, and friends:

You. Are. UNDEFEATABLE!
UNSTOPPABLE!
UNBELIEVABLE!!!

You have turned these final few hours of our Kickstarter campaign into this just incredible, insane, runaway bullet-train (it rhymes, even!), out-of-control in the best way possible, powered on pure joy and hope, with vision and purpose spilling over the sides, and everyone cheering as it roars past!

Each time we turn around, we’re smashing through another stretch goal (PS4 & XBOX VERSIONS GET!! VITA & 3DS VERSIONS GET!! ;D NEW STRETCH GOALS, DETAILS BELOW!), zooming past another milestone (100,000 comments plus! 3rd most-funded Kickstarter video game in history!), or -- and this has always been the case from the very start of our campaign -- running smack-dab into more amazing fan art, songs, videos, and you-name-its!

What were the other 2 game kickstarters with more funding? And damn it got like 1/4th of its funding in the last day or so!

Fuzzy

didn't some of the other top Kickstarters also get separate Paypal income?
But we're talking about strictly KS totals. MN9 is currently #3 overall.

So the Call one is just a single level?
Yep.

NEXT GOAL: $3,700,000: SINGLE-PLAYER CALL STAGE & BOSS FIGHT!

Yes! We heard the feedback from our community, and at this level, we would be thrilled to fulfill this popular wish -- to add an all-new single-player level, including a boss fight, where you can play as Mighty No. 9’s heroine, Call! We agree it would be a fun addition and a great way to mix up the action, so fingers crossed we can make it this far!

Where do you get the idea that it would've only sold 100,000?
I was referring to the Mega Man 100,000 Strong campaign on Facebook.The campaign has good motives, but 100,000 likes on Facebook is not going to make a difference, especially when people can abuse the system by having multiple likes on it as well. Plus liking a Facebook page is not a commitment towards getting the game.

I thought you could pick several payment options because with Mighty No.9 I have to use amazon payment. They say that my amazon payment account is disabled for some reason. Seriously this is the worst timing for this to happen since I want to pledge through kickstarter.

Edit:

I guess I didnt realize that I could use paypal instead through mighty no.9 website.

mcw

It's why some people removed their KS pledge and pledged directly through PayPal.

But PayPal also takes a cut of any payments sent through their service...?

There are also tax considerations, though I don't know how much, especially since the money will presumably be transferred outside of America.

Top Bottom