• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Zalman

Hm, I'll probably just drop down to the 20$ level and add on a DVD then.
Yeah, that's what I did as well. As an international backer, the box + a disc would be too expensive for me. At least the disc comes in a proper DVD case, so that's good enough for me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ah geeze, I hope the community could make it to the Online Race Mode, that sounds fun. At least the Call stage sounds like its a sure thing.

I wonder how long it will take to get out all the different versions. They now have 10 different builds promised. I also wonder if they will be able to negate some cross platform play, so that way Sony Users only need to buy the game once to use all 3 Playstation Variations.

I honestly think they are finally going to do something significant with Mega Man in response to Mighty No. 9. Whenever or not it is any good remains to be seen.

Remember that this is still the year of Mega Man's 25th anniversary and we were promised something "big" before the end of it (which would be in December).

That said, with everything Mega Man being canceled in the months after that announcement was made, I don't hold out much hope.

(edit) Also people need to stop having hope for reaching the chiptunes level. If this thread has taught me anything, it's the the more we despair about a goal being unobtainable, the more people will step up to prove them wrong.

Ulumsk

So are Capcom now thinking that deading the franchise was a bad idea? I hope they are.

I'm glad Capcom have lost interest. Capcom's handling of their storied IPs have been godawful lately. They would just drag the lifeless husk of Megaman out on the front lawn and ravage it in front of all the schoolchildren waiting for the bus.

OmegaDL50

If I remember right skullgirls got 200k on its last day, and that game and its devs are no where near as popular as this one.

I don't know about that. Skullgirls had Mike "Mike Z" Zaimont on board. The competitive fighting game communities like Eventhubs and Shoryuken.com tend to take care of their own fairly well. Especially when one of the greatest MvC2 and GGX tournament players is heading a project.

If anyone in the Fighting Game community knows about making a Figher that caters to the high-level tournament crowd is a fellow tournament veteran himself.

Still Inticreates and Infafune and his people at Comcept still have more experience in general, fan demand and knowing your audience is something that should never be underestimated, especially in regards to the Fighting Game Community.

Boogiepop

Do we know what the plushie will be?

Nope, not yet. It's possible we might not know for awhile until they design enough enemies to figure out which is their iconic looking one out of the bunch.

All we know is just it's an enemy mascot.

That's actually incorrect. They announced in one of the updates that it'd be this guy:
D9TAfzG.jpg

Also, I'm really starting to wish the physical copy let you choose which platform the second copy went to! I realize that's nonsense because it's an actual copy of the game on the stick/disc and that's only viable for PC, but I've realized I'd prefer the game on 3DS, but I'd be worried that version wouldn't be up to snuff and I'd love to have a WiiU copy as a "back-up." Oh well.

Bulzeeb

well now that 3DS is an option, I was planning to back the game today but I have a question, so if I pledge 20 and add $26 I'll be getting an extra physical copy for pc? because that sounds like the kind of deal I've been waiting for

Busaiku

Also, I'm really starting to wish the physical copy let you choose which platform the second copy went to! I realize that's nonsense because it's an actual copy of the game on the stick/disc and that's only viable for PC, but I've realized I'd prefer the game on 3DS, but I'd be worried that version wouldn't be up to snuff and I'd love to have a WiiU copy as a "back-up." Oh well.

Get the disc on PC, get the digital version on 3DS, buy a Wii U copy when it comes out!

$3.8 mil for single player call stage and retro soundtrack?? Freaking c'mon... just give it to us already. The original goal was $900k and we are at $3.8 million already! Why do they have to keep teasing us with these goals that we might never reach?

And for the recored, the extra call stage goal and soundtrack >>>>>> multi platform goals..... who cares about having the same game on every damn platform, I would rather have extra content in the game. At this point they might as well just add all their bonus ideas, even if it doesn't quite reach the goal.

TnK

I pledged and payed via amazon payments, but it did not ask me for my home address. How are they to send the items to my house?

megalowho

I don't think I need a physical copy (as cool as those USB sticks are) but I'm down to chip in for a second digital version on a different platform. Easiest way to do that is to keep my KS pledge the same and then throw in an extra $20 via PayPal, right?

Remember that this is still the year of Mega Man's 25th anniversary and we were promised something "big" before the end of it (which would be in December).

That said, with everything Mega Man being canceled in the months after that announcement was made, I don't hold out much hope.
I would classify Mega Man's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U as a huge announcement. Sven also said (before he left) that there wasn't a new game announcements on the way for Mega Man's 25th anniversary.

As for the game cancellation, as much as the Legends 3 cancellation sucked, they weren't to get back at Inafune/spit on the fans. Rockman Online had been in development hell, Mega Man Universe had mixed to negative reaction before cancellation and Maverick Hunter was such a drastic departure from the franchise that many fans were glad it never came to fruition (and on top of all of this, it was cancelled before Infaune left, so the cancellation can't be associated with Inafune leaving or spiting on the fans). As for Mega Man Legends 3, it was due to a variety of factors, such as the game being a niche subseries and being made for the 3DS in a time where the console was selling poorly. It probably would not have sold very well had it actually gotten release. The issue surrounding Legends 3 was announcing it while it wasn't even greenlighted, which Capcom has since not repeated. Also, before bringing up that Capcom blamed the fans... not really, that was one person from Capcom of Europe that said that (which isn't as important of a branch as Capcom of America and Capcom of Japan).

Oh man, really hope it hits that soundtrack goal (although how is the cost of it actually that high? Musicians don't get paid like that unless they're rock stars). Anything after that is just gravy.

I woke up happy to see we already hit the Vita/3DS goal but even more ecstatic to see the 3.8 million goal for a chiptune soundtrack. I've gone from $250 to $312 for a usb and disc, but I think I have to go for the second usb to help get the chiptune track. I'm doing my part; let's make the chiptune a reality!!!

Yeah, it's amazing how many people know how the game will perform when it's not even full into development.

Assumptions are great, no?

Unreal Engine is hard to get to 60fps because of its nature. I've worked on games where we created a whole new render engine because UE wasn't cutting it and the games being worked on had to be 60fps. This was when the rest of the publisher was going UE for all their other projects. It's just common knowledge about the problems with UE so it's a well educated assumption.

$300k on the last day is very attainable.

Plus I bet they'll keep taking paypal after it ends.

I'm hoping it is, but it's not a full day. We're at like 10 hours left and I'm not sure it may be possible, but I've got my fingers crossed. Paypal won't continue after it ends. They've already said so.

khaaan

HOLY SHIT. Vita version!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!? I love you guys so much.

I think...I think I might up my pledge, or at the very least add in a USB or DVD copy of the game.

Top Bottom