• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

DarkCloud

Damn, a Retro Soundtrack too!?

This is going to be the most epic not-a-Megaman Megaman game ever!

Possibly the longest one as well. Intro stage, 8 boss stages, mid game Call stage, 2 extra stages, final doctor stages (4-5 if regular, and 8 if like megaman 4 and 5), and an extra boss.

This game is going to be looong.

reson8or

Funded today with the 8-4 bump, Never felt so happy to spend $60.84. Mega Man was one of my first gaming loves and remains with me today, even though I've strayed from the series. I know Inafune and his team van rekindle the feeling I had when turning on MM2 for the first time those many years ago.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Could they just further extend the kickstarter to get the required funds for everything else? Sorry I'm new to the whole kickstarter thing.

Could they just further extend the kickstarter to get the required funds for everything else? Sorry I'm new to the whole kickstarter thing.

Nope, kickstarter doesn't allow extensions. Ofcourse, they can always just continue accepting funds through paypal after the KS ends and add those to the stretch goals.

Akai__

Does anybody else stare at the money counter?

What am I doing with my life?

No but seriously, this is intense. It gets me every time.

Bsigg12

I'm still nervous that the project scope is exceeding the original plan. It's awesome that it has gotten this much funding, but I really hope they haven't overwhelmed themselves with all the different versions and stretch goal content that has to be added.

I'm still nervous that the project scope is exceeding the original plan. It's awesome that it has gotten this much funding, but I really hope they haven't overwhelmed themselves with all the different versions and stretch goal content that has to be added.

I think that they'll have someone else handle the ports. This project may turn out greater than ever expected

Ravek

Banned

Most of the new goals are pretty simple to obtain/create.

OmegaDL50

I'm still nervous that the project scope is exceeding the original plan. It's awesome that it has gotten this much funding, but I really hope they haven't overwhelmed themselves with all the different versions.

Outsourcing. Abstraction Games said they would help with the Vita port.

Comcept only needs to develop the initial PC version, basically other companies can take their work and port it to other platforms. Comcept doesn't need to do everything themselves.

Outsourcing. Abstraction Games said they would help with the Vita port.

Comcept only needs to develop the initial PC version, basically other companies can take their work and port it to other platforms. Comcept doesn't need to do everything themselves.

Also the Renegade Kid mentioned being able to pitch in on 3DS.

Not saying that would for sure happen, but it seems like they would be able to easily hire out platform experts to handle external ports.

Ravek

Banned
Pretty sure were at 3.8mil and they are about to update it.

Congrats everyone!

Edit: badly beaten and totally okay with it

DarkCloud

Yep, we got that Chiptune version of the soundtrack. What I really hope though is that we can reach that $4 Million goal though. Battle Race sounds fun.

i'm more interested in the last goal (i hope it's the last goal) that they have yet to show. if it's a reasonable 4.1 we could make it...if it's 4.2 we may fall short. Would really suck to fall just short of the last stretch goal.

DarkCloud

"NEXT GOAL: $4,000,000: ONLINE BATTLE RACE MODE!

The ultimate online competition! You and a friend compete online, racing to the end of slightly customized versions of single-player stages. You can see your rival as a "ghost" image in your game, but you can't affect each other...save for the enemies you defeat being sent over to impede your opponent’s progress! It's an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign!"

This actually sounds pretty cool. Would be a feather in the wii-u versions cap if they can implement local for this mode as there shouldn't be a reason not to. Maybe even the xbox one via smartglass.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm going to assume they're going to reveal the next stretch goal during the stream. If it's a good one, I can't wait to see how crazy the donations will get.

"NEXT GOAL: $4,000,000: ONLINE BATTLE RACE MODE!

The ultimate online competition! You and a friend compete online, racing to the end of slightly customized versions of single-player stages. You can see your rival as a "ghost" image in your game, but you can't affect each other...save for the enemies you defeat being sent over to impede your opponent’s progress! It's an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign!"

This actually sounds pretty cool. Would be a feather in the wii-u versions cap if they can implement local for this mode as there shouldn't be a reason not to. Maybe even the xbox one via smartglass.

Vita/PS3/PS4 cross platform plat would be golden

mcw

$4.2 MILLION: INAFUNE MURDERS ONE PERSON OF YOUR CHOICE

That's right-- if we get to 4.2 million, by law Inafune is allowed to murder one person! It could be YOU!!!

Shadoken

Will the paypal store be open after KS ends? I only have 60$ to spend right now :(

I really wanna pick up the Physical box reward and the USB Physical Copy. If the paypal store is open I guess I can pick that up later.

Ravek

Banned
$4.2 MILLION: INAFUNE MURDERS ONE PERSON OF YOUR CHOICE

That's right-- if we get to 4.2 million, by law Inafune is allowed to murder one person! It could be YOU!!!

Can that person be someone wearing a CAPCOM LOGO costume?

Also, is it just me or are they going to have to hire someone just to type out the backer credits???

i'm more interested in the last goal (i hope it's the last goal) that they have yet to show. if it's a reasonable 4.1 we could make it...if it's 4.2 we may fall short. Would really suck to fall just short of the last stretch goal.

I don't think there is another "last goal", at least not unless it breaks 4 million in the next half hour. They just designed the graphic to always have another goal at the bottom, just in case.

Top Bottom