• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Damn it killed on goals....nice work!

Soule

Don't mind F got the most votes. I actually liked all the designs(all had their own unique charm to them). I chose G because she kinda reminded me of Iris, as well as looked the most(to me) like the description of being more "robotic" without the human emotions Beck would have.

Still, I like every other design too. They are all great, IMO!!!

Bravo Mighty No. 9 and Inafune-san!!! Over 4 million!!!! Awesomeness!!!
You know what's up

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Damn it killed on goals....nice work!

It really did. I'm just glad it got to the PS4/Xbox One stretch goals - I thought that was impossible. It totally flew past those goals though.

This game has potential to fill the Megaman void - and it would be hilarious if this game became an extremely popular series as a result of Capcom stopping the Megaman series.

x3r0123

It really did. I'm just glad it got to the PS4/Xbox One stretch goals - I thought that was impossible. It totally flew past those goals though.

This game has potential to fill the Megaman void - and it would be hilarious if this game became an extremely popular series as a result of Capcom stopping the Megaman series.

it definitely will fill. We'll see capcom trying to bring megaman back if this sells up to incredible numbers

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
afgxYnr.png

It's the fate both Capcom and Megaman fans deserve.

Can't wait to see the first trailer for this game! How long will that be?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any word on how many people donated via PayPal? It seems like the total amount of backers is probably around 70,000 to 75,000.

In any case, that is absolutely awesome they were able to make that much in just a month. Cannot wait to see the first (official) gameplay footage.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone happen to have a nice big image of Beck I can use for when I stream Megaman Zero 2 in a few? Something that would fit in the BG image here:
b4FhhOO.png

Madness

I hope some folks at Capcom get a rude awakening. So much for saying there was no interest for Megaman, really crapping on the fans. Now I just don't know what consoles I'll have next gen. I'll probably choose to get my version for PS4/Xbox One.

So happy, the blue bomber may be dead but his spirit lives on.

Lucent

I said something like this, too. Just funny because they were like "There wasn't enough support for Mega Man Legends 3" or something. But then this happens. Capcom keeps posting Mega Man related stuff on their site, but they really aren't doing anything with him. If it wasn't for him being in Smash Bros U, he wouldn't be doing anything.

I backed this enough to get in the backer credits and eventually get my code for PS4. I hope this series kicks off right and continues.

socialQ

Banned
is the kickstarted closed? wasn't keeping an eye on this but I want to chip in some coin. :p

its not 4 million. and yeah, its closed :(

Biker19

Banned
I hope some folks at Capcom get a rude awakening. So much for saying there was no interest for Megaman, really crapping on the fans.

Because Capcom are ran by idiots. That's why.

Now I just don't know what consoles I'll have next gen. I'll probably choose to get my version for PS4/Xbox One.

So happy, the blue bomber may be dead but his spirit lives on.

I very much agree with this. I'm also happy it's also coming to PS4! :)

RM8

I've been playing the NES games, and I'm reinforcing my opinion that 5 and 6 are fantastic and I honestly like them better than 1 to 4. Feel free to never talk to me again, I guess :(

Ravek

Banned
Someone needs to make a pic of Trigger talking to Beck, telling him congrats and that now more than ever, it really is in Beck's hands...

You know to go along with the one that came out near the beginning of the campaign.

Oh man, such great news! I just can't believe they made nearly all the goals. I wonder what that final one was going to be.

Also, not surprised at F winning. Just sad that C didn't get much love. Capcom had got to be kicking themselves right now. Bunch of idiots had it coming.

Also, contributed $99. If I wasn't so tight on saving my money right now, I would've gladly done more.

megalowho

Hell of a campaign with a lot of goodwill surrounding it, enjoyed the frequent updates and the focus on fan interaction. Hitting every announced goal was a nice way to end things, should be quite a bit of content in the game now. Nice job all!

RM8

Capcom is pretty dumb. Sure, this may seem like a small project to them, but even a NES-like MM11 would make plenty of money from them. Put it on consoles, handhelds, Steam, phones - get lots of money very easily. It's downright puzzling that they decide to ignore the franchise, and it's why I think it's super weird that they were okay with Mega Man being in Smash Bros.

Eusis

i cant believe it hit 4 million target .. wow this escalated quickly
It's a nice surprise. Not SHOCKING, not after how we barely came in on other Kickstarters (I was afraid the final goal of Divinity: Original Sin's wasn't going to be hit), but nice to see them all hit.

Wow, pleasantly surprised this made it the full 4M. Even though they said it was the final stretch goal though, it still at least seems like they might have had one omre idea up their sleeves for further funding. I still want my level editor :( But all in all congrats to comcept and the team at 4-3, excellent campaign, can't wait to see the finished product.

iosefe

9+10 were unplayably hard. cant' even kill that elephant. :p

that damn elephant...

but challenge IS always nice. i have the highest of hopes for this to become a full series, with it's on version of the invisible blocks and minibosses fully enjoyed

RM8

Um, out of curiosity, are there ANY 3DS games that run the Unreal Engine?

Because if not, I have low hopes on the 3DS game promise. :(
I really don't think it will be a straight port, but then I'm not sure they have the budget to make a 3DS version from scratch. In any case, I trust it won't be crap.

jett

D-Member
I was going to pledge today but I totally forgot when it was going to end and missed my window. Oh well. 2015 is still a long ass time away anyway.

Top Bottom