• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Toad.T

Banned
Thank you to everyone involved, be it fans or staff. We've preserved the spiritual future of one of gaming's greatest icons. The heart lives on through the Archieverse, the body through SSBU/3DS and the soul through this.

Will this changes Capcom's tune? Who knows? All I know is that a fanbase actually stood up for themselves for once, and didn't just let someone else speak for them.

Arale Call should've won, though...

Manu

NKOkJqA.jpg

This picture makes me so happy.

Kuro

Great its starting to look like anyone who's Call didn't make it into the top 3 will vote against F. F brothers and sisters we must stay strong.

khaaan

Wait, does D remind anyone of Dr.Wily? Specifically her hair being his moustache?

They sort of alluded to something during the countdown video.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
$612

$500 Tier [Original Inafune Sketch]
$41 Physical NES-styled USB
$41 Physical Famicom-styled USB
$30 shipping to Canada

I REGRET NOTHING!
You'll regret not adding an extra $31 to get the CD in the awesome DVD case also.

Hey, missed part of the stream for dinner. Who drew design F? Someone from Inti or somewhere else?

Still can't get over how awesome Ishikawa still is as both designer and illustrator.

chrono01

It's why I added all 3 to my HC art book.
They will definitely make a nice set, for sure.

I'm really pleased at how this Kickstarter went. It was stressful right down to the last few minutes but we managed to hit every single announced stretch goal [of $4 million, no less!]. That' extremely impressive.

And to think, people were doubting the possibility of reaching the tier for current-gen consoles!

Zornack

Does anyone know how much the past few Mega Man games cost to make? 4 million is not a lot of money game development wise. I'm glad this game is happening but I can't shake the feeling that the end product is not going to be all that spectacular with such a small budget.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Again, I think it was more because we got to see her personality more than the others since she had a dozen sketches or so presented of her with varying facial expressions/etc.
Though that doesn't make much sense when...

Comcept said:
  • Call is a female robot originally created by Dr. White’s friend, Dr. Sanda, to help assist him with his research; she somehow avoided being infected by the virus causing all the other robots to go berserk and has pledged to help Beck.
  • Call was not imbued with the human characteristics that make Beck unique, so she’s more of a pure robot -- as you might imagine, this contrast can lead to some interesting differences and misunderstandings whenever they interact!
...but reading has often seemed too difficult for the masses.

Does anyone know how much the past few Mega Man games cost to make? 4 million is not a lot of money game development wise. I'm glad this game is happening but I can't shake the feeling that the end product is not going to be all that spectacular with such a small budget.

I think we had 5 pages a couple weeks ago discussing how the PS360 versions could possibly cost 2.3 million

Right at the start they made it clear, this money was to SUPPLEMENT their budget to make the game (and to judge general interest on if said game should even be made). Unless the idea entirely bombed, it was going to be made regardless. This added budget just lets them do more things (like porting it to every console in existence and portables)

So, what? You made this post so you could insult people who voted for E? Nothing is ever final with these mock-up designs, and they can be changed to better fit the description.

Better for me to see how many possibilities the designer has in mind for the character than for it to match the description on-point. Besides, E can easily be adjusted to fit while still retaining its standout qualities.

F, to me, is an exact representative of the idea behind it: give a non-Rock Rock his non-Roll Roll for a non-Rockman Rockman. I think that option's pretty limited, and new game mechanics means that some leeway can be taken for this game.

Eusis

Admittedly some (many?) of us probably saw the people behind it, saw it'd be an MM style game, and went "awesome, I'll pledge and wait until the game's out before crunching information," I know that's what my mindset generally is anyway. Still, my logic was going with what matched best with Beck I thought, but if I was to think of the more "robot" angle then my choice would've easily been B. Eh, maybe she ends up with upgrades later on and moves closer to human like anyway.

Early design decisions can change. A character forms not just from a single idea, but from a culmination of ideas from conception to completion.

In other words, I'd fully expect a design like E's if chosen by the fans would shape who and what "Call" the character would be.

Korigama

Pretty sure plenty read it. Yet if adhering strictly to such guidelines was required, then one could argue that only A, B, C, G, and maybe I should've been eligible.

I doubt they were way beyond 4 million dollars. The last games were on handhelds if you think about it (before 9 and 10).

I know you just posted this to trash people who voted E, but people who work service sector jobs like flight attendants, waitresses, etc. tend to have "seen it all and don't want to be here" personalities when they are not being forced to be friendly (and sometimes they display it even then.) I can easily see Call E deadpanning her lines or giving the characters dull surprise when told that she should be happy/sad/mad/whatever

chrono01

A question, where did this game end up on the scale of "Most Successful Kickstarters to date"? Both in terms of backers and cash.
I believe they said that it was the biggest Kickstarter for a console-released title and third biggest overall [this was prior to it hitting $4 million].

It'll be interesting to see where it ranks now.

Edit - Never mind. Below information is more accurate.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Pretty sure plenty read it. Yet if adhering strictly to such guidelines was required, then one could argue that only A, B, C, G, and maybe I should've been eligible.

Exactly, if anything, those guidelines probably fit G the most.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Pledged $99 - would have pledged more, but I didn't have the funds. I'm content with my pledge.

Top Bottom