• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Managed to sneak in a $40 pledge right before the deadline today...glad to see this is doing well and hopefully Capcom takes note that the fans of Mega Man will pay for quality shit if they ever get their act together.

And I watched the last few hours as we steamrolled through all the goals.

Just unbelievable. To think that I doubted a PS4 version would come at a point and not only did we get that, but also a Vita and 3DS version. As a proud Becker, I cannot wait to help contribute to a potentially great game here.
Does anyone know how much the past few Mega Man games cost to make? 4 million is not a lot of money game development wise. I'm glad this game is happening but I can't shake the feeling that the end product is not going to be all that spectacular with such a small budget..

Kinda glad that E got to be in the Top 3, even if Roll Call won. At least there will be the backers-only poll, in which I'd implore everyone wanting a non-Roll Call design to vote for E
I'd imagine that the classic 8-bit Mega Man games cost much less overall. Also, the added money made for the Kickstarter as KojiKnight pointed out was supplementary.

However, I am trying to keep my expectations temper for this game. I am still definitely excited for this game and will support it, but I am expecting more of a 8/10 game when all is said and done. Low, but it helps avoid disappointment and I am at least certain we'll get a good game.
Thanks to everyone who backed this project.

1VvMHid.jpg
I love that salute. Wish I would have done one during the Kickstarter.
It really did. I'm just glad it got to the PS4/Xbox One stretch goals - I thought that was impossible. It totally flew past those goals though.

This game has potential to fill the Megaman void - and it would be hilarious if this game became an extremely popular series as a result of Capcom stopping the Megaman series.
I don't think anything will ever fill the Mega Man void for me. I consider my fandom for Mighty No. 9 to be different from Mega Man and Mega Man is still a franchise I will support should Capcom pull their ass out of their head and start making quality Mega Man games again. It is why I am hoping Mighty No. 9 will result in Capcom doing something significant with Mega Man and is done well.
Capcom is pretty dumb. Sure, this may seem like a small project to them, but even a NES-like MM11 would make plenty of money from them. Put it on consoles, handhelds, Steam, phones - get lots of money very easily. It's downright puzzling that they decide to ignore the franchise, and it's why I think it's super weird that they were okay with Mega Man being in Smash Bros.
Capcom did state that they were having "ongoing discussions" in regards to the Mega Man franchise.

I also don't think Capcom would have allowed Mega Man into Super Smash Bros. if they were done with him. Then again, I felt it was almost certain Capcom would allow Mega Man in anyway and that the decision was up to Sakurai. Like I said, I hope and think that Capcom will do something significant with Mega Man either next year or 2015.

Sneds

And I watched the last few hours as we steamrolled through all the goals.

Just unbelievable. To think that I doubted a PS4 version would come at a point and not only did we get that, but also a Vita and 3DS version. As a proud Becker, I cannot wait to help contribute to a potentially great game here.I'd imagine that the classic 8-bit Mega Man games cost much less overall. Also, the added money made for the Kickstarter as KojiKnight pointed out was supplementary.

But a big chunk of the money will go to kickstarter and to producing all of the extras given to backers.

RM8

If this game is UE3 powered, I wonder who will be handling the 3DS port. Will they develop it separately, or outsource it to another dev?
I think they mentioned Abstraction Games would be in charge of the handheld versions. I don't think they've even been in the same room as a 3DS before, lol.

MightyNoBeck

Neo Member
CNpQA3Y.png

It's not going to simply be a new vote with E F and H next time. It'll be updated sketches, refinements, colored of course, and maybe even some early 3D models for comparison.

I love how Inafune pointed out that E having multiple expressions was outright cheating. Time to level the playing field!

396321947.26 Yen. Could go over 400m Yen soon since PayPal is still open.

is the kickstarted closed? wasn't keeping an eye on this but I want to chip in some coin. :p(
I was going to pledge today but I totally forgot when it was going to end and missed my window.

Repeat. PayPal is still open. Treat yo self!

Wolff

I'm genuinely excited about this game. Have been following since day one and man, i thought it would have died in 3 million but it exploded these last few days.

I'm glad we got a lot of extra stuff too. Can't wait for it, hope it succeeds and that people don't ignore it later just because it's not called "megaman".

If this game is UE3 powered, I wonder who will be handling the 3DS port. Will they develop it separately, or outsource it to another dev?
Renegade Games did state early on that they wanted to help port the game, so I think they'll be dealing with the porting. What I'm curious about is how much the 3DS port is changed from the other versions. If it is considerably different but equal in quality, I could see myself buying the game separately.

Alex

9+10 were unplayably hard. cant' even kill that elephant. :p

Part of why everyone likes 2 is probably because it's one of the best tuned and most fair Megaman titles. 9 was just like slamming into a brick wall in spots, for me, didn't enjoy it.

the game just started development, why would you expect them to have real screens already?

I would have thought there was a proof of concept or something.

They are. They didn't have access to any of the funds until the Kickstarter was over. They weren't going to work on it until they got their money.

Ah, ok. I remember when this was first announced and there was some speculation over the screens posted. If those are indeed actual gameplay captures then sweet.

TnK

Part of why everyone likes 2 is probably because it's one of the best tuned and most fair Megaman titles. 9 was just like slamming into a brick wall in spots, for me, didn't enjoy it.
9 is not THAT hard if you have played the MMZ series :p

To me, it is my favourite of the classic megaman games.
I know they said the short video was just place holder, but I really wanted this game to be sprites instead of 3D.

I think the game will look something like Guilty Gear Xrd. That game also uses UE3.

catabarez

Ah, ok. I remember when this was first announced and there was some speculation over the screens posted. If those are indeed actual gameplay captures then sweet.

There is a some basic stuff done in UE3. It should be on their kickstarter page.

There is a Unreal engine test video they made in 7 days using placeholder assets but it's not supposed to reflect what the game will actually look like.

nded

MM9 had a lot of annoying gotcha moments that are pretty easy to deal with so long as you remember that they're coming up.

Codeblue

Did they ever mention what the deal was with that final stretch goal or were they just going to keep adding stuff as it got higher?

OmahaG8

I really liked MM9. Tried it on 360, PS3, and Wii, and due to the sideways wiimote, chose the Wii version. That dpad and MM9 went very well together.

Did they ever mention what the deal was with that final stretch goal or were they just going to keep adding stuff as it got higher?

Pretty sure they just kept making them up as they went along. I heard something about one of them making the last one up last night on the stream.

alf717

glad i got the 250$ level plus the usb addon wish i had gotten a physical disc also though

I really wanted to get into the $250 tier for the hard cover book but with money as tight as it is and my car acting up I had to pull my $60 from the KS page. Paypal was still an option so I tossed in $5 after the KS page stopped taking pledges.

Zalman

Just woke up seeing it at four million. Amazing stuff, didn't think they'd go that high. Now the waiting for Spring '15 begins...

Videoneon

I honestly can't believe it got to 4m. I though it was going to get somewhat higher than the Intro stage mark. That's fucking insane. This whole campaign is insane as shit. And I love everyone for it.

What platform am I going to use? PS4 maybe...?

H in third place
E in second place
F in first place

There will be another vote between these three finalists.

E goddess in second place.

theres-a-chance-o.gif

Xater

Wow it even made it to 4 million while I was asleep? That's pretty awesome. This game will now get a decent amount of content.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Managed to sneak in a $40 pledge right before the deadline today...glad to see this is doing well and hopefully Capcom takes note that the fans of Mega Man will pay for quality shit if they ever get their act together.
Being able to get a next gen MegaMan and not give Capcpom money is a win/win for me.

Top Bottom