• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

That's a lot of money to make in a month.

If not funded it won't get a chance to be ported eventually lol.
Ha ha.

That was quick though.
Somehow I have a feeling this will increase his pro-west attitude to well over 9000, he'll find a way to diss japan, though I hope he piles it on Cpamoc instead.

Regiruler

The only "input" reward is the $5 tier where you are allowed to participate in backer polls.

Ugh. You want the user to be a part of the creation process? Give the backers more say than stupid polls.
Then again maybe the shovel knight design hangouts have spoiled me...

EDIT: Rewards don't stack? What the fuck?

iImEVARewS8gK.gif

Guys, I backed and think it should be funded, but everyone bugging their eyes out at the picture being posted repeatedly should note the caption on the page:

Yeah, but it is fanfuckingtastic concept art, too.

This is honestly how it should be.

Have separate stackables and non-stacks.

Stacking Rewards = one of the main reasons why some Kickstarters spend way too much on merchandise.

CamHostage

g3xUPzD.jpg

O_O

I like it.

*NOTE FOR OTHERS: AS EVERYBODY SAYS, ALL IMAGES ARE CONCEPT, NOT SCREENS. GET HAPPY BUT DON'T OVERREACT*

Yeah, the character sketch disappointed me in that it was too much like Mega Man to be new but not as cool as X or as charming as MM Powered Up-style design, but I really like the way the character comes across in concept screenshots. If they can pull that look off in gameplay (and if the transformer skills they're adding to make it not just a Mega Man clone pay off,) this could be really special. (I also like the MM Zero games so I have nothing against Inti Creates, although I know some people who wish this was just a new team under Inafune like they wish Dimps was no longer making Sonics, I have faith it'll prove to be a good choice.)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cool graphics style but the character is such a blantant Mega Man ripoff... even if he did create him, I would've preferred something original. I don't think he'll get $900K but good luck anyway

Are you kidding? It's already at 195k.

Do it bro!

This game will come out before the Mavs are decent again :(

When you say it like that, I get sad and happy. On one hand, we get a proper successor to Megaman, but then I realize that I'll have to watch 2 years of bad Maverick seasons until it comes out. :(

I'll back it!

this is concept art... its going to be more of a 3d cell-shaded design judging by that character model demonstration in the kick-starter video

speaking of that video... he pixelates his arms to weapons and when he destroys the enemy they too turn into little cubes... seeing this makes me wish that the game would only come out for PC and next gen console not the PS3, etc... since we could have something like this Resogun Gif

IrishNinja

After this succeeds it's only a matter of time before Yu Suzuki's Kickstarter.

one can only hope...i know sega's dicking about with the Shenmue license but he really could be making more arcadey classics right now too, i'd support the rap out of this

Kokonoe

Banned
It's almost as if games take time to make. :p

Haha. Well, I was commenting what someone else was referring to but I honestly get tired of rushed, annual releases these days. Seems like everyone's doing it, which is why it surprise me that a kickstarter game is actually getting a solid development time. Especially as a platformer.

Teknoman

The only "input" reward is the $5 tier where you are allowed to participate in backer polls.

Ugh. You want the user to be a part of the creation process? Give the backers more say than stupid polls.
Then again maybe the shovel knight design hangouts have spoiled me...

What? It says "Includes all previous rewards".

entremet

Looks like it's following the Powered Up route in proportions, which I loved.

I will be backing this soon. First KS for me.

That main theme.

DMiz

I meant it would be dumb and pointless for Capcom to ask that. Why should they need to retaliate?

Petty retaliation? Many people in the thread have already voiced that they fear a cease-and-desist order from Capcom - I see this as a less-public, underhanded way of going about things.

Anyway, this is probably not the thread - looking forward to 2015!

Decado

Puzzling. A team with these credentials can't get a downloadable side-scroller made?

Looks like they'll make their target, but that's a lot of money for six stages (though I'm not sure of how many hours of gameplay that represents). Also $20...why are kickstarters now asking a premium for people to help fund their game? :/

EDIT: Two years for a side scroller from an actual *team*?

None of this really is adding up at this point. Maybe when they reveal more...but at this point what they claim to deliver doesn't seem in proportion with what they are asking (relative to other kickstarters, that is).

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
...Most rewards do, though. Rewards that are limited, or where it would not make sense for them to stack (i.e. if you pledge at the hardcover artbook level, you don't get the softcover artbook) do not.

Not to be an asshole, but you already had to backpedal on a post because you misread/misunderstood something. Maybe you should go back through and scrutinize the page really closely?

Haha. Well, I was commenting what someone else was referring to but I honestly get tired of rushed, annual releases these days. Seems like everyone's doing it, which is why it surprise me that a kickstarter game is actually getting a solid development time. Especially as a platformer.

I was happily surprised with Eternity's proposed dev time.

qq more

I hope it gets funded to $2,500,000 so we can have it on the consoles. I would gladly double dip on PC and Wii U.

I'm not saying it's Mega Man, but it's Mega Man

Will be down for this, hopefully it gets released on a console with a good D-pad because the only way to play Mega Man... Mighty no 9 is on a console with a d-pad

Regiruler

...Most rewards do, though. Rewards that are limited, or where it would not make sense for them to stack (i.e. if you pledge at the hardcover artbook level, you don't get the softcover artbook) do not.

Not to be an asshole, but you already had to backpedal on a post because you misread/misunderstood something. Maybe you should go back through and scrutinize the page really closely?

I was referring to limited rewards. I.e., you have to spend 19,999 to get dinner and a boss 3d model.

It's silly to get upset over it, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I want to get the 60 tier but cannot. I may be able to do the 20 and get the game when it hits. Decision.

Top Bottom