• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Alric

So good, he's finally getting to make a game he wants to and I look forward to playing it.

Now when will we get Mighty no.9 Legends 3.

Thorakai

I'm not even a Mega Man fan but it's great to see this getting support. Fuck Capcom for their treatment of an IP people clearly hold dear.

Rocwell

d872aedcdccf552f3a519ee565576732_large.jpg
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL

I hope they make their goal, and take off with the IP. I'm a believer that Inafune was only sticking around as long as he did so he could have access to his creations.

I wasn't sure how he would do once he left, but it really seems like he could control a significant chunk of market share for his sort of games again. That market just has to be separate from AAA publishers I guess.

I would love the option to play with Beck's visor down, just like the optional helmet we saw in some MM games.

how is this trending so far compared to other ultra-popular Kickstarters?

Not the best, but pretty darn good seeing as how it was announced at night. It was announced at 6pm PST, 9PM PST, 1AM GMT. Most of Europe hasn't even woken up to this, and it'll be another 8-9 hours before most of the US hears of this project. It will meet it's first goal in the first 24 hours for sure.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I backed this. Not because of Inafune, but Inti creates. Rockman Zero and ZX were so goddamned good and I don't want to see that talent wasted on mobile games and ero shooters. :p

Megatron

I guess it's pretty standard that if I pledge now, and consoles get added, I can switch to the console version? Or should I just wait for that to happen? It seems inevitable.

By the way, UGH at having to wait until April 2015 for this....

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So this just happened while I was sleeping huh? IN MY VEINS

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I hope so too, that could be another great thing to come of this. But a part of me feels like they're just gonna abandon Mega Man entirely out of spite, since the executives at Capcom clearly had it out for Inafune. Even when he was giving in to their western dev focused demands.

with their lackluster "attempts" at megaman games lately, i wouldnt be suprised. theres no reason to make a game like xover except to piss people off.

Contemplating $250.

I can save that by 2015.

Not sure if I want an art book yet since I'm not really feeling the character designs, but a signed copy, that's tempting for an old fanboy.

I feel really conflicted about this game.

If Inafune wasn't the co-creator of Mega Man, this would look like a blatant rip-off, but the fact that he has such a tie to the original character and given Capcom's inability to get their heads out of their ass, I can forgive it.

I'm not a huge Mega Man fan, but I have enjoyed many of the games in the franchise, and I fully sympathize with the frustrations the die hard fans have had to endure in the last five years or so.

I just wish it looked a bit more original. I mean even the company name seems to be derived from Capcom + Concept = Comcept

Javier

Why is it always WiiU with Kickstarters recently? Is there zero barrier of entry to get your game on there? Is WiiU the new XBLIG?
Nintendo has made the Wii U incredibly accessible to indies. You can apply to be a Nintendo dev by simply filling a form on their site, and I know there are a few here on GAF who applied and got greenlit.

jengo

If he went to anybody else in Japan this would be an iOS game.

Given the sparse news on Japanese developed PS4 games leading up to the launch, I'd think this would've been a big coup for Sony to nab. I figured Soul Sacrifice was Inafune's way of building relations for stuff down the line...

chrono01

It's going on a credit card, guys :p

I think I'm gonna make blueberry waffles to celebrate as soon as this is funded
Hmm? You're still apparently charged at the end of the month, even if it is on a credit card.

Unless I'm missing something here. It is late, and my brain is already nearing 30% sleep [it probably didn't help that I got very little sleep last night...].

Top Bottom