• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Kurod

Banned
More fanart already. I think this one is from the current Archie comic artist.

vgMPvEH.jpg

kevm3

This is the kind of stuff I wanted to see from kickstarter. I wondered why the Japanese developers have been so slow to hop on.

Hmm? You're still apparently charged at the end of the month, even if it is on a credit card.

Unless I'm missing something here. It is late, and my brain is already nearing 30% sleep [it probably didn't help that I got very little sleep last night...].

I just mean I have 2 years to pay off the cc charge.

I may not be coherent anyways, I keep imagining what this will play like and I should probably not post when this distracted

You didn't comment about the waffles

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
Hmm? You're still apparently charged at the end of the month, even if it is on a credit card.

Unless I'm missing something here. It is late, and my brain is already nearing 30% sleep [it probably didn't help that I got very little sleep last night...].

He'll pay his pledge amount in monthly installments via credit card payments.

TUSR

Banned
Why doesn't Capcom just make a new MM game that doesn't suck ass?

Hell, they could even release a 2D sprite based MMX game and release it only digitally and make a load of money.

ezekial45

Banned
Kicktraq has this projected to end up at 4.5 million. :p

That's not going to happen. Right now there's a big influx because it's new and there's hype around it. Kicktraq just makes an estimate based on current funding traffic.

It'll slow down eventually, but this project is going to make it.

There is no way in hell Inafune can be this unoriginal...

Crapcom doesn't deserve Mega Man anymore!

Inafune can remake him however he sees fit. If this does well enough maybe he will make a 3D sequel since Capcom is to busy making Breath of Fire iOS instead of ANY type of MM game!

Xater

That's not going to happen. Right now there's a big influx because it's new and there's hype around it. Kicktraq just makes an estimate based on current funding traffic.

I know, just wanted to mention it.

I really just hope this will reach all the stretch goals.

botty

Banned
Give the people what they really want?

How terrible have the Mega Man games become that a spiritual succesor(?) had to be made?

this was a game he wanted to make...

I feel like he made this game over twenty years ago...and then preceded to make it a few more times.

Crapcom doesn't deserve Mega Man anymore!

Inafune can remake him however he sees fit. If this does well enough maybe he will make a 3D sequel since Capcom is to busy making Breath of Fire iOS instead of ANY type of MM game!

A 3D sequel would have probably been more interesting, but I guess when you can't afford it a sudden caprice will come about.

qq more

How terrible have the Mega Man games become that a spiritual succesor(?) had to be made?
It isn't that they're terrible (and they weren't. 10, the latest game, was top notch)...

I'm taking that you aren't aware of what has happened to the franchise then?

Chindogg

I feel like he made this game over twenty years ago...and then preceded to make it a few more times.

A 3D sequel would have probably been more interesting, but I guess when you can't afford it a sudden caprice will come about.

Considering that people are stumbling over themselves to fund this project, its pretty clear that people want more of this experience. It has nothing to do with how many versions are out there. Capcom doesn't want to make a real Mega Man game for whatever reason. Inafune's tried several times since he left Capcom to get another MM game made. Capcom doesn't want to do it, so Inafune's doing this instead.

I don't see what the point of getting upset about this is. If anything, the lack of MM's assets make this an event better prospect because it makes Inafune change some of his perspectives on the genre he basically created. Completely transforming the main character's appearance and abilities with different weapons opens up all sorts of new awesome possibilities in gameplay.

If its not your thing, that's fine. Just don't come in here to complain. I'm sure there's another thread in this massive forum that has something more to your liking.

botty

Banned
It isn't that they're terrible (and they weren't. 10, the latest game, was top notch)...

I'm taking that you aren't aware of what has happened to the franchise then?

Uh... it became over saturated in the market and people stopped buying it, thus Capcom began canceling in-development and upcoming games.

qq more

Yeah just noticed~
SOMEONE TELL INAFUNE TO GET THIS ON STEAM AND VITA/3DS!
It's already confirmed to be on Steam I believe.

Uh... it became over saturated in the market and people stopped buying it, thus Capcom began canceling in-development and upcoming games.

I thought 9 and 10 sold?

Considering that people are stumbling over themselves to fund this project, its pretty clear that people want more of this experience. It has nothing to do with how many versions are out there. Capcom doesn't want to make a real Mega Man game for whatever reason. Inafune's tried several times since he left Capcom to get another MM game made. Capcom doesn't want to do it, so Inafune's doing this instead.

I don't see what the point of getting upset about this is. If anything, the lack of MM's assets make this an event better prospect because it makes Inafune change some of his perspectives on the genre he basically created. Completely transforming the main character's appearance and abilities with different weapons opens up all sorts of new awesome possibilities in gameplay.

If its not your thing, that's fine. Just don't come in here to complain. I'm sure there's another thread in this massive forum that has something more to your liking.

Yeah, pretty much this 100%.

Sponge

Banned
Thank you, Capcom!

r11JzX2.jpg

Two of my least favorite things in one image.

Microsoft purchasing Rare, thus creating Avatars and sealing their Kinect fate, and Mega Man mistreatment from Capcom.

Speaking of Rare, I hope Grant Kirkhope can get that Banjo Spiritual Successor off the ground eventually.

Tellaerin

So clearly this isn't a project you're interested in, and that's fine.

No need to shit on it, though, since obviously there are quite a few people who are interested. Especially if the speed it's getting funded at is any indication. And I'm sorry you feel that wanting to be able to work on the spiritual successor to something you put your heart and soul into for years, but can't actually work on yourself because someone else owns the IP, makes him "unoriginal". I don't know if you've ever created anything that you're personally attached to, but I suspect you haven't, because if you did you'd probably understand.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I don't disagree myself but hey, let the market decide!

We don't have to back it.

Although personally I'm glad this kickstarter exists and is doing well. Hope it opens the door for other japanese developers to do similar things.

Most kickstarters are like that. They do most of their traffic at the beginning and at the end.

4.5 mil seems a bit out there but I think it'll definitely clear most of the stretch goals

Top Bottom