• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

010b6s9m.jpg

Finalizer

I'm certain one of the hidden goals is a 3DS/PS Vita/ OUYA (or equivalent) stretch, and I assume after the consoles would be an android/iOS stretch.

If you ONLY have a Wii U though - you'll be busy this month getting alot of support... But I'm guessing it'll cruise past 1mil easily, then reach 2mil near the end and could surpass 3mil with ALOT of media attention...

Oh man, I didn't even think about that, but yeah this one's prime material for news coverage on a bunch of game sites. I'd imagine things could explode even further once this really gets out there.

Mista Koo

Pretty awesome, but I'm really not feeling the character designs (too close to Mega Man while not good enough).

Also turns out this wasn't the first time Comcept recreated Mega Man characters:

ngqjmkI.jpg

On another note this fan art is cute:

(Roll Call, heh.)

Tizoc

Why must stuff be so expensive from Japan? $2,500,000 JUST FOR CONSOLES?! Come on Keiji, just talk with Sony and they'll fund your game in an instant, of course then it'd be a PS4/Vita but I'm cool with that since I'd get me a Vita ver.~

...and lol @ dinner with Inafune, what we're gonna hit up a Hostess Club?

BTW if I back for $20...uh do you get your picture in the game?

Busaiku

Why must stuff be so expensive from Japan? $2,500,000 JUST FOR CONSOLES?! Come on Keiji, just talk with Sony and they'll fund your game in an instant, of course then it'd be a PS4/Vita but I'm cool with that since I'd get me a Vita ver.~

...and lol @ dinner with Inafune, what we're gonna hit up a Hostess Club?

BTW if I back for $20...uh do you get your picture in the game?
$2.5 million isn't just for consoles, there are lot of other things they prioritized before that.

You mean your name?
Your name will be in there.

Pappasman

Wasn't Inafune complaining about stagnation in the japanese game community? Now he's making a shameless remake of his old series? lol.

The art looks great, so theres that.

SgtCobra

Funding dat 99+ later today, it's time to show how much we've been waiting for a Mega Man (esque) game ladies and gets, show it with your wallets.

If the game is releasing in 2015 then I really doubt they're still going to bring it out on the PS3/360 instead of the next gen consoles.

Quick, let's tweet to some Sony guy on twitter that they need to make this game happen on the PS4/Vita *rushes to twitter*

Mega Man holds a very special place in my heart. I loved Zelda and Mario as a kid, but after playing Mega Man 3, something awoke inside me. Mega Man became an obsession. I had never felt that way about a game series before. It was the first series I became a super fan of. I am filled with great joy seeing Mighty No. 9. I'll definitely back this.

Tizoc

$2.5 million isn't just for consoles, there are lot of other things they prioritized before that.

You mean your name?
Your name will be in there.

Oh I know but I noticed this-
03bf63db13ad4d436844b4ba04c28101_large.jpg

Hmm yeah so the 2.5 mil will be able to cover for the consoles too, but still yowza...

Fhnding dat 99+ later today, it's time to show how much we've been waiting for a Mega Man (esque) game ladies and gets, show it with your wallets.

If the game is releasing in 2015 then I really doubt they're still going to bring it out on the PS3/360 instead of the next gen consoles.

Quick, let's tweet to some Sony guy on twitter that they need to make this game happen on the PS4/Vita *rushes to twitter*
This game on vita oled and spec!
Glorious handhelding made MORE glorious!

wrowa

Not backing, the dude has enough cash to make this. This is gross misuse of KS

Japanese game designers, even very successful ones, aren't exactly known to be paid very well. I doubt he got more money than, say, Brian Fargo (who's a pretty rich guy).

LiK

Japanese game designers, even very successful ones, aren't exactly known to be paid very well. I doubt he got more money than, say, Brian Fargo (who's a pretty rich guy).

yea, isn't Shiggy's salary kinda modest? I forget what it was that people mentioned.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It hasn't even been a day and it's nearly 100k from being halfway funded.

Aw yeah.

Videoneon

Wow.

As someone who's been with Mega Man for a while, I watched it...and was genuinely excited for what it was. They seem to want to inject as much into the Classic Mega Man formula as possible, though some of the proposed gameplay elements like minor transformations with practical applications, weak spots, ability boosts, this all sounds very crazy but I'm very interested to see how it unfolds.

sephi22

lol Holy shit are you serious?

These guys are so predictable. I didn't even know there was going to be a female character either.
Yup.

Wait—the main character is named “Beck”?

This might make more sense as you learn more of the story, but the short version is Beck’s creator wanted him to have a human name, unlike his peers. Exactly why that is has to do with aspects we might share more on in the future, and yes, probably also the fact that the developers who came up with his handle don’t have all the same associations native English speakers do with certain names. But! Wasn’t that always the case with these games, especially the classics of yesteryear? Does changing that make it better? As far as our partner 8-4 is concerned (who localize games for a living), the name is fun and charming—a memorable moniker, unique in the gaming world, that quickly just BECOMES this character’s name, the more you see and learn about him. We’re confident the same will happen for anyone who was concerned enough to click on this question, too :) Plus it fits nicely with his partner’s name, Call (as in “Beck and Call” :).

HardRojo

Educate me on this GAF but is there a chance this could get a C&D from Capcom? My hate for them could only rise should they try to stop Infaune on his endeavors! He's trying to being the Megaman feel back, something Capcom seems to have forgotten.

Malajax

900k, really? Shovel knight is happening on a 75k target.

Maybe it was in this thread, or maybe it was on my twitter timeline, but it needs to be said that not everybody is willing to work for slave wages. Mighty No 9 has a pretty big team behind it, and they're getting paid for their talent. It seems like a lot of indie kickstarters either undervalue their work, or the developers know exactly how much people are willing to pay for it to succeed.

Top Bottom