• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

TreIII

Educate me on this GAF but is there a chance this could get a C&D from Capcom? My hate for them could only rise should they try to stop Infaune on his endeavors! He's trying to being the Megaman feel back, something Capcom seems to have forgotten.

In a world where Gameloft exists, the possibility of them being able to do anything seriously about this is slim to nil.

If they really want to do something about it, they should capitalize on the hype in some way...ideally in the form of a new MM game. Clock's still ticking on that 25th anniversary~!

BPoole

Any know if this is meant to be more like classic Megaman or the Megaman X series? I'm not a fan of classic Megaman but I loved the X series on PS1

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Backed at $175 (+$25 shipping). Gotta have my plushie (even though we don't know what it looks like).

Educate me on this GAF but is there a chance this could get a C&D from Capcom? My hate for them could only rise should they try to stop Infaune on his endeavors! He's trying to being the Megaman feel back, something Capcom seems to have forgotten.

I don't think the project would have went forward if that were a possibility. It's not like its hiding the Mega Man relation.

pariah164

I don't think the project would have went forward if that were a possibility. It's not like its hiding the Mega Man relation.
Plus, MegaMan is never mentioned by name except as a project Inafune worked on, which is true. Capcom would have to be nuckin' futs to try and C&D this.

qq more

This is awesome. If Capcom is going to let Megaman die, what better replacement than the father of Megaman to make something that is the exact same thing in almost every possible way.

Yep. At this point, I pretty much see it as a new sub series for Mega Man lol

nbraun80

Backed! :). Love me some mega man style games, especially coming from the father himself.

also I love all the backseat accountants who know how much it costs to fund a year and a half project.

Coolwhip

Banned
Cool another 2d sidescroller that rips off a famous IP.

I see he worked at capcom, but is it even legal to make a game so similar to Megaman?

Baleoce

Want. The art looks lovely, and I get the feeling that this is the only way you're going to see a proper Megaman styled game for some time.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Cool another 2d sidescroller that rips off a famous IP.

Hahahaha

Its great how this comes out on the 25th anniversary of mega man, and a coicidence that i purchased the mega man 25th anniversary art book off amazon yesterday.

Mega man may have died, but his legacy and spirit has live on here.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Eh, I find this whole thing really sad for some reason... And I hate what they're doing (and really, what they've been doing for years with other Mega Man games like MM Zero) with the artstyle too. It looks too convoluted, and too much like a manga, when Mega Man and even Mega Man X's artstyle where always more simple, more understated, more neutral.

My old fart's 2 cents.

Coolwhip

Banned
Eh, I find this whole thing really sad for some reason... And I hate what they're doing (and really, what they've been doing for years with other Mega Man games like MM Zero) with the artstyle too. It looks too convoluted, and too much like a manga, when Mega Man and even Mega Man X's artstyle where always more simple, more understated, more neutral.

My old fart's 2 cents.

Maybe its the original vision, that just wasnt possible on NES and SNES.

vireland

In a world where Gameloft exists, the possibility of them being able to do anything seriously about this is slim to nil.

If they really want to do something about it, they should capitalize on the hype in some way...ideally in the form of a new MM game. Clock's still ticking on that 25th anniversary~!

Pretty unwise course for them to choose.

Historically, "look and feel" video game lawsuits are usually not won. Also, there is a precedent for this in Japan. Shouzou Kaga, the creator of Fire Emblem left and made Tear Ring Saga, which was a LOT like Fire Emblem. Nintendo sued and lost, appealed, got some moneys on appeal but failed to block the game, even after another appeal. The ruling that stood was that the similarities were a result of the creator's "style."

Pretty much the same deal here, IMO.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Spent a good portion of the day freaking out with a friend over it. T_T
A friend of mine was watching the Kickstarter's numbers increase the whole time it was up. He's a pretty big Mega Man fan, so I wasn't surprised at all by his behaviour and genuine excitement for it, especially since lots of familiar staff is working on it.

Totally backed this. I'm so psyched for it.

JDSN

Banned
I wont be shocked if one of the stretch goals involves ditching the Japanese team for some infinitely superior western one (Double Helix).

I cant see myself giving cash to Inafune, sorry. Great pitch video, its the best one by far. Stretch goals are some bullshit tho.

kevm3

Amazing how there's money available for projects that gamers actually want. Looks like this will clear 900,000 before 5 days are up.

ahm998

will not support because he make the last stretch goal the Consoles ver.

And it's impossible to reach 2.5 millon !!!

vireland

Those console stretch-goals are unbelievable. Does it really cost that much?

Professional console game development is not cheap. Just the *dev hardware* for a relatively small team can run into the 100k ballpark. The main goal and the stretch goals are actually pretty cheap in reality.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I wont be shocked if one of the stretch goals involves ditching the Japanese team for some infinitely superior western one (Double Helix).

I cant see myself giving cash to Inafune, sorry.

has the man kicked your puppy or something?

will not support because he make the last stretch goal the Consoles ver.

And it's impossible to reach 2.5 millon !!!
personally I think he wants the console manufacturers to approach him, which in all likelihood they will..

Top Bottom